S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there!

I've been a DB/DBZ fan for a long time and occassionally pop in just to see what new figures are coming out. I'm always suprised by the amount of dedications (insanity :monkey3) of the fans of these figures. Although neat, I just don't get the rabid obsession to these figures. Obviously, I'm not knocking the fans or their passion, only stating my opinion.
That said, I have a large collection of DBZ figures. By favorite being the IF Labs/Giant Ape 9 inch figures released over a decade ago. The Movie Collection non-SS Trunks & Vegeta along with SS3 Goku are my all-time favorite DBZ collectibles. I also have near-complete Irwin & Jakks figure. From there, the cyborg Freiza is one of the very best DBZ figures in my collection. Years ago, Bandai released several series of Dragonball HG gashapon figures that I have many of also.

Does anyone remember about 10 years ago, a company named Unifive released a Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks with multiple heads and accessories much like these SHF figures? Does anyone have those? To me, those were definitive DBZ figures. Unfortunately, the series was short-lived.

Those figures were the "ultimate evolution" series if memory serves, and they werent as good as you think, trust me. They were tiny for starters, the articulation was lackluster and alot of the swappable parts were just there for the sake of it, not really definitive.

I take it you dont have any of the figuarts figures? If you did you would change your mind, I guarantee it! These are the definitive collectors figures you are looking for; perfect sculpt and paint apps, good accessory count, alot of attention to detail.

Anyway, welcome! Just thought I would clarify some things for you! You would be surprised how many people come in saying these are just like any other figure series, when they arent :lol

Those unifive figures looks good but nowhere as good as the SHF line :D This SHF Line is the best DBZ figures in the market today nuffsaid

This pretty much sums up the majority of DBZ action figures before S.H. Figuarts came on the scene

$T2eC16h,!)kE9s4,BugMBRQTvE(td!~~60_57.jpg

At least they sculpted the boot tips on that one!:p Now seriously, Dragon Ball has been my favourite show since I was 6 years old, but I remember always asking my mother to buy me a street shark, a Lawrence Limburger or any other cool figure of other shows I liked less instead of a deformed "rubberjohnnyesque" Vegeta (I grew up in central america so we had even more mutant bootleg DBZ figures hanging around...) Last year I finally decided it was the moment to fill that emptiness when I saw the saiyan Vegeta :') Thank you Figuarts!

I seem to recall the very earliest Dragon Ball Z figures that came out in America all had machine guns, too. Even as a child I thought that was ridiculous. I had no desire to have Goku and Freiza gunning each other down.

Those were irwin releases, which were mostly older bandai SBC figure molds with random accessories that didnt actually fit in the hands of ANY of the figures, with some new molds that you could tell werent of the same series :lol

^buy it before it skyrockets to 150 bucks minimum in a few months bro

I guess 17 will be the first release since the Irwin figures that'll come with a firearm accessory! :yess:

That was also because of Akira Toriyama's changing art style. When DBZ first started, it still had the round, "pudginess", smoother style that carried over from Dragon Ball. Characters looked like they hadn't lost their baby fat. It was around the Frieza saga that Toriyama focused on sharper and crisper lines and muscularity. He claims that he did it because the round style didn't convey the speed and intensity of battle enough. He also watched the anime every week so it's possible he became critical of his own work.

A lot of the current "throwback" DBZ images of sagas before Toriyama's "final" DBZ style are often drawn in Toriyama's "final" DBZ style with sharp lines, muscular details and more shading.

However it ended up happening . It was a nice evolution of Goku and all the characters .it shows how young they were and how mature and strong they got .

Back