S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be upset if Young Goku had a buff sculpt, pretty upset.

Also watching the Buu Saga again and Goku vs Vegeta, I'm honestly hoping for a few things. If we get SSJ 2 Goku and majin Vegeta, halos would be cool to help represent them. Like the SSJ3 one, though I've found that one doesn't look too good and is very noticeable...also, a Figuarts Zero of Vegeta's Final Atonement, honestly, would be the greatest. One of my statue grails, period.

Last edited:
Figuarts Datong Vegeta Review

Summary:
Pros: Extremely close to the original's perfect quality, very affordable price (less than $30), fully articulated, surprisingly durable, very beautiful to look at, extremely fun to play with!
Cons: Minor loose joint problems in the head, waist, and feet area, can easily be fixed using Pledge Floor Care.
Buy? YES! Perfect "fan made" Figuarts Vegeta toy! Almost as good as the original!
Rating: 8/10

Please read the entire review (with lots of pictures!) on my site below and have fun :)
https://adenofuntime.blogspot.com/2014/08/figuarts-datong-vegeta-review.html

True cartoon, good point.

Though in vegetas case Im okay with it.

You def sycceeded Rebel cause I initially thought that was real terrain!XD

So, considering 18 comes with two heads in her box, on a serious note, has anyone found a proper figure to use as a body for her as a z fighter. Or when she turns good anyway?

And I don't mean the pervy kinds (Blood).

And a less muscular goku body . Early DBZ /late DB he wasnt as buff as the ssj goku mold . Like they messed up vegeta . They used the ssj vegeta buff body for scouter vegeta and that's wrong he was pudgy /less buff like goku was early DBZ/Late DB . I hope they don't used that ssj goku mold for young goku with nimbus and power pole , how u explained .

i imagine vegeta was made that way so it could have interchangable heads with ssj vegeta, otherwise theyd be out of proportion. of course the smaller, leaner, crazier looking vegeta would have been a nice welcome.

The only way I can see them do "less-muscular" characters is if they dip into original Dragon Ball. The masses don't want less-muscular DBZ characters when DBZ is all about bulk & crazy physiques. Otherwise we can only hope for a cool-looking ZERO statue to accurately depict the smoother-toned style of the Saiyan Saga. They got the molds already made, which is why the SSj3 Goku has the same exact muscle physique as the SSj1 Goku. If and when they make Majin Vegeta, I expect to see added veins & deep shading to highlight the muscles more, but the figure/mold itself won't differ much from the other Figuarts Vegeta's they've released.

Tamashii is dedicated & lazy at the same time :lol

So, considering 18 comes with two heads in her box, on a serious note, has anyone found a proper figure to use as a body for her as a z fighter. Or when she turns good anyway?

And I don't mean the pervy kinds (Blood).
Doesn't Figma have some bodies? That could work. I also doubt we'll ever see a 'good' Android 18 release. Not much they could add, as she doesn't use many ki attacks in the Buu Saga.

I wish they would include rolled-up sleeves for 17, so we can reproduce his classic "come at me bro" stance against Piccolo

17.jpg

I wish they would include rolled-up sleeves for 17, so we can reproduce his classic "come at me bro" stance against Piccolo

View attachment 127499
I know what you mean, especially since that's how I'm going to pose my Piccolo, fighting 17. Probably Piccolo's best fight imo.

Something I've been wondering is, a topic from earlier was SSJ2 Goku in this line, or something similar. If we don't get him, anyone think we can just use the SSJ head from Vegetto and put it on a spare SSJ Goku body? That idea I think may have been brought up. I also wonder if we could get a Kai World Gohan, with the Z Sword and SSJ head.

I know what you mean, especially since that's how I'm going to pose my Piccolo, fighting 17. Probably Piccolo's best fight imo.

Something I've been wondering is, a topic from earlier was SSJ2 Goku in this line, or something similar. If we don't get him, anyone think we can just use the SSJ head from Vegetto and put it on a spare SSJ Goku body? That idea I think may have been brought up. I also wonder if we could get a Kai World Gohan, with the Z Sword and SSJ head.

I believe Crisis mentioned something about a bootleg SS2 Goku Head being made soon.

Yeah the rumor is a Datong SSj2 headsculpt is in development (from a few reliable sources that choose to remain anonymous).. due to the "success" of their previous releases, I'd say it's pretty likely but we'll just have to wait n see.

I really want to buy like 4 regular gokus, but it seems a bit insane to spend $160 on them when there are Hot Toys and Statues that money can go towards.

Speaking of which... I have 2 sdcc Vegetas in my PoL at BBTS and am considering canceling one or both... anyone dying for an sdcc vegeta? I do want to keep both, as I know this dude is going to explode in price down the line, but also want to grab the last Thranduil Weta statue bbts has in stock...

I really want to buy like 4 regular gokus, but it seems a bit insane to spend $160 on them when there are Hot Toys and Statues that money can go towards.

Speaking of which... I have 2 sdcc Vegetas in my PoL at BBTS and am considering canceling one or both... anyone dying for an sdcc vegeta? I do want to keep both, as I know this dude is going to explode in price down the line, but also want to grab the last Thranduil Weta statue bbts has in stock...
I'll take it.

And a less muscular goku body . Early DBZ /late DB he wasnt as buff as the ssj goku mold . Like they messed up vegeta . They used the ssj vegeta buff body for scouter vegeta and that's wrong he was pudgy /less buff like goku was early DBZ/Late DB . I hope they don't used that ssj goku mold for young goku with nimbus and power pole , how u explained .

That was also because of Akira Toriyama's changing art style. When DBZ first started, it still had the round, "pudginess", smoother style that carried over from Dragon Ball. Characters looked like they hadn't lost their baby fat. It was around the Frieza saga that Toriyama focused on sharper and crisper lines and muscularity. He claims that he did it because the round style didn't convey the speed and intensity of battle enough. He also watched the anime every week so it's possible he became critical of his own work.

A lot of the current "throwback" DBZ images of sagas before Toriyama's "final" DBZ style are often drawn in Toriyama's "final" DBZ style with sharp lines, muscular details and more shading.

Back