S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I can do without yamucha, tian and chiatzu. They gotta do all of cell's and freeza's form!

It would be pretty awesome recreating the Anime's final battle with Cell.

I know we've had enough Goku's but if they do a Freeza I wouldn't mind a shirtless battle damaged Super Saiyan version.

I really need to buy a SDCC Goku but it's just too much money for me right now. I got other priority collectibles ahead of it. I do have the regular version and the SS3 Goku.

Currently bidding for a set of first version Goku, Gohan and Piccolo for only £35 lol, wish me luck! The Gohan was custom painted, but thats ok, I only want his ss head to paint it black, and manga Goku is the only one I dont have, so less than £40 is a steal for him alone, let alone three of them!

EDIT: was outbid at the last second; hope they choke on it lol, the figures as i said were custom painted, so they definitely weren't worth what they went for (£80)

Last edited:
I think I can do without yamucha, tian and chiatzu. They gotta do all of cell's and freeza's form!

i agree that all forms of cell and frieza would be cool but i cant agree with the former sentence as it is sacreligious.

All those characters were present since Dragonball and have never really had decent figures made inside or out of Japan .

c'mon - its a midget, a triclops and the second hardest human and you can do without them??

ALL the Z soldiers deserve respect ! :lecture

you know which figures i want more than any others in this series, AFTER Frieza and cell?

Nappa
Master Roshi
Krillin
Bulma
Android 18
Radditz

in that order too.

If anyone is upset about Future Trunks not being able to do his "Burning Attack", which is written all over the box, it's easy to fix this.

Just pull the jacket pegs out of the chest, pull the arms off, then remove the jacket. Cut the pegs off with an x-acto knife, and put him back together. Boom- Trunks can know preform his signature technique! ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79776842@N05/7313479366/sizes/h/in/photostream/

Since I keep getting an upload error, I put the photo on Flikr. As you can see, his arms will now be able to stay out in front of him. Any further movement (such as getting the hands to touch) is possible, but because of the jacket tension, will not hold. Still, this is something I think the figure needs to be able to do- certainly, it's something I want mine to do.

:clap:clap

That pic is yours vf1james?

Looks really good but I would need pics of the "process"..anyways, I own 2 Trunks, maybe I try to do that ...

I thought that the jacket would be easily removable and made of soft plastic at first...but once in hand, I realized it was made of hard plastic and probably glued to the torso ..:(

Last edited:
Actually VALVOLINER, it's a super simple fix, and one that does no outward damage to the figure. I didn't take any step by step pics, unfortunately :(

The jacket is soft PVC, the reason it seems hard is because it's pegged into the chest and those pegs held in with glue. If you pull hard enough, the pegs will pop out. The arms of the figure also pop on and off with just a little pressure (do this with the D-Arts Rockman X figures all the time). Just cut those little pegs off on the inside, and then the jacket will move around more freely- it gives him a much better range of movement this way.

However, I will caution you- be careful of the sword strap across his chest. If you're too rough, the jacket could scrape the paint off the buckle. Though in order to do this, you'd have to be handling him like a four year old would, so I doubt it's a problem. =)

I got my first s h figuarts trunks figure and I have to say I've collectied dragon ball z for a while and these sh figures are amazing !!! Must have them all!!!!

Actually VALVOLINER, it's a super simple fix, and one that does no outward damage to the figure. I didn't take any step by step pics, unfortunately :(

The jacket is soft PVC, the reason it seems hard is because it's pegged into the chest and those pegs held in with glue. If you pull hard enough, the pegs will pop out. The arms of the figure also pop on and off with just a little pressure (do this with the D-Arts Rockman X figures all the time). Just cut those little pegs off on the inside, and then the jacket will move around more freely- it gives him a much better range of movement this way.

However, I will caution you- be careful of the sword strap across his chest. If you're too rough, the jacket could scrape the paint off the buckle. Though in order to do this, you'd have to be handling him like a four year old would, so I doubt it's a problem. =)

Thanks a lot buddy :wink1:

Now I can figured out at 100% how that modification works

I'll try it tomorrow

Last edited:
I might try that as well vf1james, seeing as how i now have two on the way lol; the guy I preordered wouldn't reply to me emails, so I bought another, then literally minutes later, I got an email to say the preorder was sent out -_-, oh well, I guess that means more to display lol.

Good luck King Leonidas; buying any figure that came before Vegeta is basically paying extortion, best to get Vegeta and SS3 Goku while they are still cheap, then get the Gohan reissue, as for Piccolo and SS Goku, just keep checking eBay for the cheapest deals, good luck!

Just got my Trunks from the States, and what a huge disappointment! The QC and paint app is just bad, for this price point.

But with take some pics before I rain down the critiques.

Just got my Trunks from the States, and what a huge disappointment! The QC and paint app is just bad, for this price point.

But with take some pics before I rain down the critiques.

Mine has a couple dark marks on his hair, not worth buying another one.

Mine has a couple dark marks on his hair, not worth buying another one.

Same here, mine has almost a dozen spots.

Are the eyes on one of the angry SS faces meant to be in a slanted position like the respective non-SS face? Because mine looks like one eye is looking straight while the other is marginally slanted...which looks derp derp, won't be using that one.

I penned in the irises of one of the non-SS faces black and it's an improvement. Gonna do the rest tomorrow.

Really? That sucks, guys... My Trunks has the standard quality of a Bandai figure (some scuffs here and there, particularly on the silver of the sword), but nothing noteworthy. These ain't Hot Toys, but they aren't getting any cheaper either. If anything, I think Trunks wins just for his accessories alone.

Just got my first one today, the other 2 will be a couple weeks, gotta say I'm pretty impressed! I did that jacket mod mentioned above, my pegs weren't even glued, lol anyways I really hope they make some more "new" figures, not just reprints of ones the already have (although those will be bought too, :lol)

Want : cell, androids 17 / 18, krillin, mecha frieza, raditz, bardock (really bad) and vegetas little brother!

Back