S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my first one today, the other 2 will be a couple weeks, gotta say I'm pretty impressed! I did that jacket mod mentioned above, my pegs weren't even glued, lol anyways I really hope they make some more "new" figures, not just reprints of ones the already have (although those will be bought too, :lol)

Want : cell, androids 17 / 18, krillin, mecha frieza, raditz, bardock (really bad) and vegetas little brother!

Any pics of the modification?

Huge improvement using him on Vegeta's body IMO, the one for Trunks just looks kind of cheap sadly. :(

Still don't understand why Bandai didn't paint his irises in black, it's just printed on anyway, not hand painted.

Only a few pics, camera ran out of batteries!

img4235b.jpg

img4238u.jpg

img4241n.jpg

img4243lq.jpg

Holy!! Awesome photos and poses man! Please take some close up pic of the eyes if you can, and maybe share with us what sort of marker you use to paint it?

Thanks! Will do, in my next round of photos.

I just used a fine tip black Gundam marker pen, but a 0.05 tip pen would do the trick also. And if you mess up, a vinyl eraser should remove it if you rub it off lightly before it dries.

Having a bit of trouble getting mine to stand. The toes doesn't seem to straighten out (curves upwards), probably due to bad design, so essentially it's trying to stand on 2/3s of its feet, argh!

I really hope they do another Trunks after the time chamber and his hair is longer. But I don't want a buffed up Ultimate Super Saiyan. I guess Cell Games Trunks.

Trunks is taller after training for two years. Bulma also notices that her son grew up. If Bandai releases a new trunks with long hair and armor, I hope they do a taller body and compatible heads with the current trunks.

Trunks is taller after training for two years. Bulma also notices that her son grew up. If Bandai releases a new trunks with long hair and armor, I hope they do a taller body and compatible heads with the current trunks.

Yeah he should be a (in actual measurement) a couple inches shorter than Goku but still taller than Vegeta.

I would love a long haired trunks, but I hope if they do it that they do the ponytail version, as a hair down version wouldn't fit on his normal outfit due to the collar on the jacket.

BTW Pantone, in the third pic, is that an effect part for the energy blast, or just a CGI extra? would love a part with the sparks coming off the blast.

Just picked up my 2nd trunks, again solo awesome, ideally need another vegeta! Actually 2 so I can do a black hair ver aswell

I would love a long haired trunks, but I hope if they do it that they do the ponytail version, as a hair down version wouldn't fit on his normal outfit due to the collar on the jacket.

BTW Pantone, in the third pic, is that an effect part for the energy blast, or just a CGI extra? would love a part with the sparks coming off the blast.

It's an effect part I borrowed off one of the Kamen Rider figuarts figures. A trick I learnt from Japanese reviewers, just borrow any effect parts from any other figuarts/figuarts zero/revoltech you own!

Bluefin just posted a hint about Android 18 SH Figuarts on Facebook page! Yay!

There are also people saying that 5 prototypes will be shown at SDCC next month. But I don't know if Bluefin confirmed that. Anyone?

Isn't bluefin just a really active distributor? I know they do polls and what not but do they decide what gets done? I really hope to see some announcements that this line will continue as it is awesome, an android 18 is cool and would compliment trunks really well, hope we see some _____ at comic con

Bluefin just posted a hint about Android 18 SH Figuarts on Facebook page! Yay!

There are also people saying that 5 prototypes will be shown at SDCC next month. But I don't know if Bluefin confirmed that. Anyone?

Why 5; why not 6 or 3? since these are not from Bandai or Bluefin's comment.

Isn't bluefin just a really active distributor? I know they do polls and what not but do they decide what gets done? I really hope to see some announcements that this line will continue as it is awesome, an android 18 is cool and would compliment trunks really well, hope we see some _____ at comic con

I think they have a pretty huge influence, at least with the DBZ line, since you can see from the packaging design, its pretty much aimed at the western audience (english writings and fonts) instead of the usual packaging which are more Japanese.

Plus, Trunks was released in the US first; unlike the usual SHF figures, which are usually released in Japan/Hong Kong first.

Oh, don't get me started on the Comic Sans font they splash across the packaging with the 'Aaahhhhh!'s and what not. Not fussed with the other blurb being in English, but I miss the old packaging where it's white + main character colour. It was stylish.

But here are my pics to share. :)

shftrunks00.jpg

shftrunks02.jpg

shftrunks03.jpg

shftrunks04.jpg

shftrunks05.jpg

shftrunks06.jpg

shftrunks07.jpg

shftrunks08.jpg

shftrunks09.jpg

2nd batch, frankly, much prefer the figure on Vegeta's body. Articulation in Trunk is too restrictive.

shftrunks10.jpg

shftrunks11.jpg

shftrunks12.jpg

shftrunks13.jpg

shftrunks14.jpg

shftrunks15.jpg

shftrunks16.jpg

shftrunks17.jpg

shftrunks18.jpg

shftrunks19.jpg

Back