S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
h1EF8BB59

nice shelf though

Well, here you go! It's Son Goku!!! There are quite a few things about this figure I can't stand, so I am still undecided whether I like or dislike it, in truth. But I have to admit he does make my collection feel more "complete".

This is exactly what I expect my opinion to be as well.

@Blood :rotfl

@Orbital Frame Clearly tht middle Vegetais what'd be best. No more Gokus till they update the mould to pre-android saga unless it's a ssj2 Goku.

Does anyone else fail to see how Goku's regular hair swept upwards would form the Super Saiyan hairdo? I can accept a bit of growth as well, but the gigantic main spike of SS hair seems to come from nowhere.
On topic though, an SS Vegeta reissue or SDCC, with any kind of boot tips or blond hair, would be good for me. I just want one I can afford!

It's because the hair is DRAWN like spikes, but those spikes aren't actually stuck as massive pieces of hair.:lol

So yeah, I can see it. Normally his hair hangs to one side, and in ssj it stands upright. It's plenty correct for me. His hair just rearranges in how it spikes. To look at it this way actually makes it more realistic to me.

EDIT: I will admit the sheer volume of hair is a bit inconsistent, but, even that's not really a problem to me.

And I hope you get one you can afford man, that is to say, an official product.

Well today the other day I decided to buy a second Trunks head from Da Tong (don't get me wrong, I love the sculpt on that haha) sadly, when I put it on vegeta's body it was also loose... I just wanted to know if those who buy them had the same problem or my luck just sucks that much? hahahaha

I had the same issue. I bought two and they only sent me one and the Trunks head worked perfectly. When they finally sent me the second head it barely snapped on to the neck peg at all. I was able to fix it with a complicated method involving new plastic, it works fine now.

@Baneofdemon22: I´m to serve, glad to read your comment, and yeah, we need more serious faces.

@Silrian: Totally agree, since Bandai produced renewed versions within this line (as in the segment of Kamen Rider) and in their other lines...

I also collect the showa era Ultras from the Ultra-Act line and their renewals (since late 2011) are so awesome:

UltramanLeoComparison_zps1a57b17c.jpg

The first version looks like a younger version of the second, and the second version has better sculpt, articulation and materials.

yeah she did

1Q1A4QC.jpg
2 found. Just 5 more to go :wink1:

what I meant by mutant was that his gene sequence was altered(mutated) making him abnormally stronger than all other Saiyans (besides Broly, but his movie was made to clarify the whole "one LEGENDARY super saiyan every 1000 years or whatever so people don't get confused with their being 5 super saiyans and have Vegeta a huge liar).
If he was indeed genetically altered, his power level wouldn't have been a measly '2'.

I liked the idea that the Super Saiyan legend was just a myth that the Saiyans would tell each other to boost morale, especially when being under Freeza's boot. Then Goku was the first Saiyan to achieve it. The other Saiyans never had time to develop a pure motive and power to become a Super Saiyan. They were just conquering their whole lives with little struggle being such a powerful race. They were meat heads, so they didn't have the maturity for it, anyways.

Goku had righteous fury, Vegeta had pure self loathing, Gohan was enraged that he was powerless to defend others and then with SSJ2 he had righteous fury, and Trunks achieved SSJ out of pure grief over the loss of Gohan.
However absurd, non-canon and/or cliched it may be, Episode of Bardock ties in nicely to the Super Saiyan Legend.

Hey check this guy on eBay out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Bal...-N-More-/231212320159?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Clearly has bootleg SS Vegeta but makes no mention of it in the description.

Also his name. Really?
Guilty on two counts! :lol

Also, does anyone know of all the different gi's Goku has had (mostly in terms of the logos/ patches on them)

the blue one at the start of dragon ball, then the kame one without the blue shirt, later added the blue shirt, after frieza saga the same one without the kame logo, and a blue one with yellow pants for GT, he also has used the saiyan armor and the namek outfit.
He also had the green gi at the end of Z if I may add.

Does anyone else fail to see how Goku's regular hair swept upwards would form the Super Saiyan hairdo? I can accept a bit of growth as well, but the gigantic main spike of SS hair seems to come from nowhere.
On topic though, an SS Vegeta reissue or SDCC, with any kind of boot tips or blond hair, would be good for me. I just want one I can afford!
Well, I interpret it as a major portion of the increased amount of hair stands out as the main spike.

I may get some flak for asking this but why does everyone need a SSJ Vegeta as the Con exclusive?

Its the only way people will be able to get that mould without spending near £300 on the original release.

Unless tamashii decides to make a majin or buu saga vegeta we will never get another ssj vegeta, and that annoys people.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@Baneofdemon22: I´m to serve, glad to read your comment, and yeah, we need more serious faces.

@Silrian: Totally agree, since Bandai produced renewed versions within this line (as in the segment of Kamen Rider) and in their other lines...

I also collect the showa era Ultras from the Ultra-Act line and their renewals (since late 2011) are so awesome:

UltramanLeoComparison_zps1a57b17c.jpg

The first version looks like a younger version of the second, and the second version has better sculpt, articulation and materials.

I would be superpissed if this happened with the dbz line - remakes of preexisting figures with slight modifications or improvements. Something like this would cause me to probably completely drop the line.

*ahem* one figure that needs a remould is Goku, for a few reasons; to get any sort of anime colour ssj Goku we would need a new mould as sdcc goku has the correct anime colours and cant be redone; the arms are also too long; then theres the obvious need for a "saiyan/namek saga" Goku

2 found. Just 5 more to go :wink1:
Chapeau, I had the same thought, but you had the guts to post it. :rotfl
I would be superpissed if this happened with the dbz line - remakes of preexisting figures with slight modifications or improvements. Something like this would cause me to probably completely drop the line.

Why? If they make a better ssj Goku I'm buying the **** out of it. I don't think with the quality as it stands there's reason enough to simply put time and effort into a new mould just to remake an existing figure. But if say Vegito gets an updated mould and they use it for an updated ssj Goku release, I'm completely fine with that.

The only possible complaint I see here is that one might want all time and effort to be spent on new characters, but I don't expect that to happen anyway.

Agreed silrian; they are running out of main characters, and tamashii are all about the sales, so minor characters are most certainly out; eventually they will need to make new versions of old characters or the line will end.

I think the Twins are about as minor as it'll get. But how minor that is is definitely debatable. But one thing is easily guaranteed: they will never stop releasing at the very least one Goku, Vegeta or Gohan per year. I can't see a year without a new release for at least one of them.

*ahem* one figure that needs a remould is Goku, for a few reasons; to get any sort of anime colour ssj Goku we would need a new mould as sdcc goku has the correct anime colours and cant be redone; the arms are also too long; then theres the obvious need for a "saiyan/namek saga" Goku

This is the ONLY new mold/remold of Goku I'd get: a thinner, younger looking Goku with his saiyan saga gi, nimbus, his power pole, and maybe a bag of Senzu beans.

Otherwise, if they start redoing everyone just for the sake of keeping the line going, I'm out. There is no need to keep a line going if all of the major characters have been released and they don't want to release the minor characters. I would rather them branch out to Monster Arts and release Shenron, Porunga, and an Oozaru or two.

As it is, I think we still have a few major characters left before I would consider the line to be relatively "complete":

1.) Kid Buu
2.) Buu Saga Gohan
3.) Buu Saga Vegeta
4.) Tien
5.) Yamcha
6.) Kid Trunks + Goten
7.) Vegito
8.) Gotenks
9.) Bills (just my personal preference, as he is now a Canon villain)

Last edited:
Otherwise, if they start redoing everyone just for the sake of keeping the line going, I'm out. There is no need to keep a line going if all of the major characters have been released and they don't want to release the minor characters. I would rather them branch out to Monster Arts and release Shenron, Porunga, and an Oozaru or two.

Agreed. By the way, I think his official name is "Beerus" now, "Bills" is just a common error people make & it just stuck, like other names such as "Freezer," "Burori," "Hirudigarn," "Bejita," "Barduk," Turles/Tullece, etc.

I don't think this line would feel complete without:
Raditz: Damn the very first DBZ villian!
16: Just a powerful character with a lot of popularity.
Fat Bu: He was a villian, later on a friend of the group... And a popular character.

And that's pretty much all along with KPman comment...

I would love to see others like Nappa, Broly, Ginyu forces... Seriously having the five members would be a dream!!!

Back