S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's more of a suggestion as if to say, "He must be a mutant like us, being more powerful than any Saiyan I've encountered." Vegeta was able to obtain the even more than Goku in the Cell Arc, and obviously other Saiyans have before since there were Super Saiyans every 1000 years. He'd probably think Gohan was a "mutant" too, but he can kick his behind, so who cares? The Ginyu Force was made of cream of the crop elite warriors of their races, so he got excited encountering a Saiyan that was far stronger than the norm. He probably didn't take into account his training with King Kaio and his power boost from his beatings. Vegeta was clearly far stronger than Goku when he was a little kid, because of how he was raised and 10xGravity environment. Goku after being beaten to near death got his power boost and trained relentlessly. Vegeta just recovered and then flew off to Namek, so of course Goku would be stronger at that point anyways. Growing up far weaker, Goku relied much less on his power and more on manipulating his energy, improvisational skills, and developing more techniques. Ginyu had to of trained and battled a lot to get where he was, but even then when he was given Goku's body, he didn't know how to utilize his strength or have knowledge of his techniques.

I liked the idea that the Super Saiyan legend was just a myth that the Saiyans would tell each other to boost morale, especially when being under Freeza's boot. Then Goku was the first Saiyan to achieve it. The other Saiyans never had time to develop a pure motive and power to become a Super Saiyan. They were just conquering their whole lives with little struggle being such a powerful race. They were meat heads, so they didn't have the maturity for it, anyways.

Goku had righteous fury, Vegeta had pure self loathing, Gohan was enraged that he was powerless to defend others and then with SSJ2 he had righteous fury, and Trunks achieved SSJ out of pure grief over the loss of Gohan.

I always believed that past Super Saiyans were basically Broly clones; being born with an unusually high power level, perhaps by pure chance (kinda like some people are literally born geniuses in our world with an extremely higher IQ than the rest of the kids in school, despite any genetic influence), their uncontrollable Ki driving them mad until they eventually self-destruct, like Vegeta first described.

Of course, it was eventually discovered that ALL Saiyans had the capability to reach this transformation as well, albeit they had to work to attain it (like my genius anology, we all can raise our IQ's with constant studying, but with these Einstein Jr's, for whatever reason, it just comes naturally to them) The Legendary Super Saiyans of legend, just have it from the start.

but Broly isn't "canon," so this is all just my personal theories & beliefs on the DBZ mythos, so to each his own lol

If it was true that there were Super Saiyans every 1000 years liked Vegeta said, I think that's a great theory crisis. That's why I changed my mind on Broly last year. His brain probably matured much faster than normal, but he was still a baby stuck next to a crying Goku. It wasn't that he was holding a grudge his whole life. He recognized the voice, and was trying to piece together who he was. Then he finally figured it out, and was like, "Oh yeah, I remember you! You were that annoying baby. I'm going to make you cry now!" He would have tried to kill him anyways, it just gave him more motivation. At first you thought he was sympathetic, and then they kept showing flashbacks and you discovered he was pure evil, slaughtering innocents and destroying planets. I don't really care for the movie though.

I just didn't buy "every thousand years" a Super Saiyan appeared thing. That's why I thought it was just a myth to boost morale or even control- "Keep fighting for us and work hard, so you'll become a Super Saiyan." A lot of Saiyans probably thought they achieved the Super Saiyan state being so much more powerful than then the rest, like when Vegeta thought he turned SSJ on Namek. I like that it leaves so much room for interpretation.

Reported him; I have said it before, buying or selling a bootleg is ok as long as you are informed that it is a bootleg, but selling as a genuine piece is a no-no.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Good job, Big D. I reported him as well and was hoping a few others here would too. I'd hate to see someone buy it only to realize they've been had.

Oh man I hope people don't get their hopes up for that auction...

Also on the mutant thing...someone inform where people got the idea that Goku was a mutant just based on Ginyu getting the idea alone? I could not follow those posts at all

Goku is not a mutant. Ginyu was just guessing that he was like the Ginyu Force, born stronger, which we know isn't true. Goku was born very weak. He was considered pathetic.

Captain Ginyu: I estimate his true power to be around 60,000....
Jeice: 60,000?! H-He's a Saiyan!! No Saiyan ever got near any 60,000!!
Captain Ginyu: It's not impossible. He must be a mutation like us...Born as a gifted fighter.
Well...This may be the battle I've waited for...The first battle when I can finally use my full powers!

Hopefully that helps!

Fellas... uhm... Japanese is a very different language from english, not everything translates one to one. I'm pretty sure Toriyama just used a japanese word that is more broadly applied than our biological term mutant. And even we use the word mutation just to mean something diverging from the norm. I don't think this has any biological meaning to it beyond that clearly Goku is physically exception at the point he meets Ginyu.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say, when I said "big" can be used to describe a lot of things. You have to use context. When we use "cool" we're not always referring to temperature.

Since I last posted someone bid on it. Think eBay will take it down before it gets sold?

Small off topic question, because I think it applies to many who follow this thread:

I'm kinda looking around for non marvel legends/select Marvel figures within the 5-8" range. So far I've only found the ASM/2 Mafex, the Iron Man figuarts and a revoltech figure or two. Does anybody here know if there's anything (upcoming) around 5-8" size? Universe, Legends and Select really don't cut it for me anymore but I definitely don't wanna go into anything 1/6 scale or bigger.

Best to PM me with any responses (though I expect none) I think so as not to derail the thread. I just didn't really know where else to ask and I'm looking for something alike Figuarts quality-wise. And I know many DBZ fans are comic book fans too.

I know figma is coming out with movie avengers soon, but havent beem following them so couldnt tell you more than that, maybe try having a look for that?

Mh, the problem is I'm not particularly fond of Marvel Studios' version of marvel characters (don't wanna go into it). But that pretty much is the only thing popular enough to reach asian figure makers it seems... And Spider-man. Think I'd better forget about it and spend whatever money I would spend on DBZ. But it does bum me out I have nothing of let's call it 'japanese quality' to represent the marvel characters I like.

Kinda applies to DC as well, but I hope Tamashii can go through with that Injustice line.

Dang you beat me to it! Sorry, I was looking for more, but couldn't find any. The new Batman Animated series figures have 26-28 points of articulation, but it's still not the same. It is a shame.

Hello everyone, long time ago I read this thread, thanks to your deep coverage about this great line.

Thanks to Baneofdemon22 for mention me on p. 1087.

I made another 4 possibilities for Special Color Edition figures (or for the regular line):

Based in their look in the film "DBZ: Battle of Gods" - Son Goku (accord to the SCE Super Saiyan also) and Vegeta with purple suit:

SCE2014d_zps5b6fe1d9.jpg

Vegeta with his "First Appeareance" armor and a SS Vegeta with a darker blue suit (because logic indicates that they will re-use that mold):

SCE2014e_zps839837e7.jpg

Best regards from Orbital Frame.

Nice to put a name to these pics orbital, welcome!

I love the concepts you come up with, im sure they actually fooled us last year with the vegeta one you did when we didnt know their origin and though they were official!

The battle of gods goku interests me because we could use that mold to get a namek/saiyan Goku because of the logos; a simple belt swap with krillin would complete him. The forst appearance vegeta is a no-no for me, not because of what you have done, but because it shouldnt really exist in any way, and was corrected in kai.

Can I also suggest adding the yellow boot tips to ssj Vegeta? If they did reuse the mold I would hope they would add them in to make it a more unique figure to the original.

Yeah I've been following those Bane, but the problem is I'm only interested in the original TAS, not those new animated versions or whatever. I'm curious what MAFEX will do with that anounced star wars licence.

Goku looks weird to me with the symbol but the later Gi outfit. Pretty sure Goku is not gonna be the sdcc exclusive this year. No financial point so close to the original release.

I saw your posts on the Fwoosh! Welcome man! Those are awesome mock ups. A lot of people would love to get the SSJ Vegeta, including me. The first appearance Vegeta looks great, but I would raise heck if it was made instead of SSJ Vegeta. I'm just kidding, but I have no interest in one. That Goku looks great too, but I'm only interested in Saiyan/Namek or earlier versions. What I would really like is a Vegeta with the bleach blond hair.

2889382-vegeta139.jpg

Same here Silrian. I only want the original designs too. I really just want the Mask of the Phantasm figures. Andrea! I don't like the big boxy looks with puny legs that much, except Batgirl and Scarecrow. The next wave is going to have 3 of the original and one TNBA, so we'll have to see how those looks. I've read really bad things about MAFEX breaking easily, so I would be cautious.

Back