S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may break down and pay the big bucks for SDCC Gohan at Wizard World this weekend if it's for a fair price. The anime colors are mainly the driving force behind that decision because that was my favorite moment of the entire Dragon Ball Z series. I'll still buy 2 - 3 if, hopefully when, the manga Gohan gets re-released but having the anime Gohan will mean a lot to me.

Has anybody bought used figures before? What did you think of them? Did it take away some of the magic/enjoyment of opening it yourself?

I may break down and pay the big bucks for SDCC Gohan at Wizard World this weekend if it's for a fair price. The anime colors are mainly the driving force behind that decision because that was my favorite moment of the entire Dragon Ball Z series. I'll still buy 2 - 3 if, hopefully when, the manga Gohan gets re-released but having the anime Gohan will mean a lot to me.

Has anybody bought used figures before? What did you think of them? Did it take away some of the magic/enjoyment of opening it yourself?

I've bought tons of used figures over the year. Saving money makes up for the loss of magic.

While I'm not sure about Trunks and Vegeta, this is indeed true about SDCC Goku and Gohan, due to their nature as exclusives. Limited quantities. Wish I wasn't stuck up aobut Goku's price though and bought him when he was around $200. Now he's double that. MFC has him at the worst though, not even NIB (damaged box even) and yet a guy is charging a whopping $439.

You can still find him for 200-250. The $400 price is actually scalper ********. None of them sold for that much until someone listed a big lot of DBZ figuarts, including sdcc goku, sdcc gohan, ss vegeta and others, last month. But the first main picture for the auction was just of sdcc goku. People bid up to about $450 for the lot, which all considered was a pretty good deal. Then almost immediately after that, people started listing sdcc goku on his own at ~$400. One or two sold, but otherwise, Goku is still $200-250 figure.

I've bought tons of used figures over the year. Saving money makes up for the loss of magic.

I've bought tons of used figures, doesn't really lose any of the magic for me either. A few select times I've gotten figures that weren't in great condition, but usually you can tell from the listing, and if it's from a member of a forum like this, everyone pretty much takes great care of their figures and their boxes. My SDCC Goku was opened when I got it recently, still had all the magic. Even if there is a small bit of magic lost, you forget about it very quickly once it's on display.

i buy used all the time, in fact i prefer to buy loose/used figures for discontinued/expensive lines because of the lower price. i got the 4 neca turtles which i confirmed to be original for 80 bucks that way, hellboy comic figures for half the going rate, and some pretty awesome lots on mcfarlane and marvel legends.
in fact out of the hundreds of figures i have bought, i have been stiffed by one seller only who had glued an arm into mcfarlane alien queen, so id say used is a very good deal, and doesnt take away the awesomeness of a given toy, just mind who you buy it from and make sure its an adult collector etc

only beef i have with used merchandise is you can immediately tell if the seller smokes cigarettes as soon as you open the package

only beef i have with used merchandise is you can immediately tell if the seller smokes cigarettes as soon as you open the package

True but you can also get rid of that smell. My old ss vegeta absolutely STANK of smoke but after about 2 months and a few days in a bag with some laundry cloths and it was fine.

I'm in the process of switching up my display poses; some dynamic scenes, a lil bit of humor, etc.. about 40% complete

i'm coming for your crown, blood! :nana:

tumblr_inline_mw0gmdXcvt1sohk3w.gif

I've bought tons of used figures, doesn't really lose any of the magic for me either. A few select times I've gotten figures that weren't in great condition, but usually you can tell from the listing, and if it's from a member of a forum like this, everyone pretty much takes great care of their figures and their boxes. My SDCC Goku was opened when I got it recently, still had all the magic. Even if there is a small bit of magic lost, you forget about it very quickly once it's on display.

That sounds very true. I usually always have excitement opening the figure but once you have it in your hands it becomes an entirely different enjoyment all to itself.

i buy used all the time, in fact i prefer to buy loose/used figures for discontinued/expensive lines because of the lower price. i got the 4 neca turtles which i confirmed to be original for 80 bucks that way, hellboy comic figures for half the going rate, and some pretty awesome lots on mcfarlane and marvel legends.
in fact out of the hundreds of figures i have bought, i have been stiffed by one seller only who had glued an arm into mcfarlane alien queen, so id say used is a very good deal, and doesnt take away the awesomeness of a given toy, just mind who you buy it from and make sure its an adult collector etc

I think the problem that I have is how much of a difference it is between used and new. If it's a significant price difference then I wouldn't mind buying the used one. I remember my Dad bought me some Marvel Universe figures that were used and the collector packaged and shipped each figure in a separate bag which I thought was impressive.

Awesome to hear that a lot of collectors buy used figures! I'll have to start diving into the used pool a lot more. Thanks, guys!

Tweaked the setup a little. What do you guys think? 4 or 5 of these were purchased used because those were the most reasonably priced at the time.

Of course after I finish tweaking my over filled shelf, I come home to this in the mail:

Debating opening it or considering it an investment and leaving it sealed. Does any one forsee a price drop on this guy in the near future? I'd really like 2 but don't want to spend the same amount for a second one... Is it possible that they will be available at NYCC in October?

I opened up my Saiyan Saga Vegeta. Beautiful figure. Well, to be honest, I feel all of them are beautiful but still. It was great to get a new figure and open him up while I was watching the episodes with him against Goku in the first season.

Back