S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my notice about my Frieza order being declined. Oh well. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

z328yhvannt4pzngczfa.gif

I'm in the process of switching up my display poses; some dynamic scenes, a lil bit of humor, etc.. about 40% complete

i'm coming for your crown, blood! :nana:

Can't believe I watched that whole thing.

Framed Nappa was the best display I've seen. It got me to actually laugh out loud. Especially from Blood who seems to absolutely love Nappa.

Are you going to post pictures, Crisis?

My Datong Vegeta showed up yesterday. Just like the Datong Trunks, I'm very happy with it. I refuse to pay $200+ for the real deal, so for $28 it is a great stand in. I'd buy the real deal in a heartbeat if it ever got reissued, but for now it is a welcome addition to my collection.

DSCF3567_zps08901028.jpg

DSCF3569_zpsf221aeff.jpg

DSCF3574_zpscf7615ff.jpg

You can't beat framed Nappa crisis, no matter how many customs you buy up.:lol

Indeed Framed Nappa is impressive, however I may have a solution that might be even more pleasing to the eye ;)

Are you going to post pictures, Crisis?

Someday... maybe, someday

@abouttreefitty great display buddy, that's an awesome d!ck & cool tracy figure too

^That's why I'm glad I have Broly pre-ordered. I'm already unhappy that scalpers have made half this line unaffordable. I won't let that happen going forward.

Got my Datong Vegeta today. Yeah, he's not as great as the genuine article would be, but he'll suffice. If the real one ever gets a rerelease, I'll happy buy it.
v4x6NKa.jpg
L2HmTis.jpg
Jx88obh.jpg

$28 is an amazing deal for Datong Vegeta. I was glad I got it and I'm glad to hear others buying it and liking it as well.

You guys realize it's not that scalpers suddenly set prices, right? These figures become more and more unavailable once they sell out, and collectors who see "SOLD OUT" at all the retail stores go to ebay, where they bid against each other in a panic to get one on ebay, which shoots the price up. Once one or two auctions end at $150-200, it's at that point that people with one to sell or collectors who weren't plan on selling see the dollar signs and put theirs up for sale, often at buy it now that reflect the prices that people bid up to in normal $0.99 auctions.

Of course. Demand sets the prices. Scalpers take advantage of demand and charge more to make a profit.

Of course. Demand sets the prices. Scalpers take advantage of demand and charge more to make a profit.

Exactly. There are certainly artificial scalpers out there who are true to the name, buying up stock to drive up demand at a higher price, but for these, while some people certainly bought a bunch of extras, the main cause for the spike in demand is that these runs are one-time and limited and many fans didn't find out about the line until after stock had dried up. I believe they make only as many as retailers order, so with many people not knowing about the line when Trunks and Vegeta came out, not as many got made as truly meets the demand when the wider audience that didn't find the line until recently is considered.

And it's also not like there are tons of Trunks, Vegeta's, SDCC Gohan's or Goku's available. At any time there are maybe two or three on ebay. Of course the price is high. Sucks, but it's not due to the dark hand of this evil scalper force.

While I'm not sure about Trunks and Vegeta, this is indeed true about SDCC Goku and Gohan, due to their nature as exclusives. Limited quantities. Wish I wasn't stuck up aobut Goku's price though and bought him when he was around $200. Now he's double that. MFC has him at the worst though, not even NIB (damaged box even) and yet a guy is charging a whopping $439.

Back