Statue Rogue One K-2SO Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this but don't have the money. Is this a sit and wait for a deal or is this guy going to be an underdog piece that ends up being impossible to get again on the 2nd market for a good price
Sit and wait. It's not R2 or 3PO he's a one shot droid. I can't imagine him being that popular down the road.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Definitely holding off on this guy...possibly forever. One thing that I just noticed on the specs page is that it's 22 inches tall. Isn't that way undersized considering how large he was compared to the human characters? I have broken down the math but seems like he should be more like 24-26 inches tall.

650$ for a one-shot character.... seriously???
And I though Iron Studios Vader was a long shot... ouch...

Metal legs seem more like a necessity than a "feature." They're so spindly they would probably break if they were just polystone. Didn't one of the Lord of the Rings Ringwraith + horse statues have issues like that, with legs cracking due to the weight of the statue itself?

As for the price....... :lol

There is nothing about this that looks like its worth $650.

Idk. I feel like there was a lot of balance and design and structuring that went into this piece. Lots of try and fail. He looks sleek. Keep in mind he was all cgi

ZERO special soft good pieces...

Less polystone material than many statues of this size get...

No electronics to up-sell the cost...

This is so far the most overpriced PF I've ever seen. I LOVE K-2SO, but I was picturing maybe max $450. As many others have said here, I do not see $650 in my eyes. BIG time pass. Even if I had $200 credit that would be a waste to offset the cost on this.

ZERO special soft good pieces...

Less polystone material than many statues of this size get...

No electronics to up-sell the cost...

This is so far the most overpriced PF I've ever seen. I LOVE K-2SO, but I was picturing maybe max $450. As many others have said here, I do not see $650 in my eyes. BIG time pass. Even if I had $200 credit that would be a waste to offset the cost on this.

He does have light up eyes. But I assume the on switch and power is solely located in the head. I really hate that, but most statue companies are doing it :slap

And being overpriced. Yes. But the most overpriced? Imo that goes to the R2-D2 (based on materials used).

But given current Sideshow pricing, by how much do people think he was overpriced for? Truthfully I was expecting anywhere from $550 to $600 USD for this piece, and I felt it was extremely unlikely it was going for less. Not only is it Star Wars, but also a Star Wars droid, and they are never priced low.

Given that it's only $100 over my expected price, it's still a maybe. Imo, if it's a piece you really want, $100 here or there is only part of the consideration to get a piece. As I've never bought a piece in the last couple of years based on what I could sell it for in the second hand market, which probably wouldn't be much here in Australia.

Sit and wait. It's not R2 or 3PO he's a one shot droid. I can't imagine him being that popular down the road.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I completely agree! Its not like you have to even order quickly before they run out of the Exclusive since there isn't one.

He does have light up eyes. But I assume the on switch and power is solely located in the head. I really hate that, but most statue companies are doing it :slap

And being overpriced. Yes. But the most overpriced? Imo that goes to the R2-D2 (based on materials used).

But given current Sideshow pricing, by how much do people think he was overpriced for? Truthfully I was expecting anywhere from $550 to $600 USD for this piece, and I felt it was extremely unlikely it was going for less. Not only is it Star Wars, but also a Star Wars droid, and they are never priced low.

Given that it's only $100 over my expected price, it's still a maybe. Imo, if it's a piece you really want, $100 here or there is only part of the consideration to get a piece. As I've never bought a piece in the last couple of years based on what I could sell it for in the second hand market, which probably wouldn't be much here in Australia.

I agree! If I can't plug it in or buy a battery converter to make it plug in, the light options start to look less appealing to me. Now you have to take the piece apart to turn on and it requiring me to use only special small batteries. I am not impressed.

I agree! If I can't plug it in or buy a battery converter to make it plug in, the light options start to look less appealing to me. Now you have to take the piece apart to turn on and it requiring me to use only special small batteries. I am not impressed.

The worst offender in this regard imo is the Sideshow 1/2 scale Mark 43 which needs separate batteries for each light up and on/off switches for each one as well.

The worst offender in this regard imo is the Sideshow 1/2 scale Mark 43 which needs separate batteries for each light up and on/off switches for each one as well.

That's just poor planning and terrible design. I am not in the market for the 1/2 scale figures, but at the prices they charge to not be able to plug them in is ridiculous.

Metal legs seem more like a necessity than a "feature." They're so spindly they would probably break if they were just polystone. Didn't one of the Lord of the Rings Ringwraith + horse statues have issues like that, with legs cracking due to the weight of the statue itself?

As for the price....... :lol
No, the LOTR rider only had a handful of people who had issues, due in part to off balance displaying due to pegs or other defects. I only ever saw 3 or 4 that had that issue.

I don't see a lot of these being moved at this price.

This type of price scares away those who were on the fence, like me.

Which sucks because I like the piece a lot.

I don't see a lot of these being moved at this price.

This type of price scares away those who were on the fence, like me.

Which sucks because I like the piece a lot.

Maybe they're hoping to get the Asian/Chinese markets.

We Chinese love our robots.

Love my robots but 650 is too steep for what you get, so no go. when will these price hikes stop.

Love my robots but 650 is too steep for what you get, so no go. when will these price hikes stop.

Umm never.

As long as people are buying it'll just keep on getting higher.

If current collectors get priced out, new collectors will come in to replace them.

I only started collecting 3-4 years ago, and even then people were stating that they were getting priced out.

Unfortunately it's an ongoing complaint. One I've just become numb to.

For me my collection has reached a stage where it's not the price increases that are hampering my choices but display space for my statues.

Back