Rocky DX Figure Coming from Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't expect high quality with EB? There qc is pretty terrible, but I wouldn't say HT was any better. Enterbay has some of if not the best paint apps out there.
There's more to a "high quality" collectible than a nice sculpt and paint apps. I've had dozens of Hot Toys figures, and am aware of the QC issues they sometimes have. I've never had anything from them with the kinds of blatant cost-cutting and lack of QC that I had with my EB Batman. Based on what I've read of their other figures, that isn't very uncommon.

I have owned/own 7+ different EB figures and they've all felt "cheaper" in one way or another than the average HT release. I'm not talking about QC but the general quality of the product overall. It maybe be how clean the sculpt's cast is, or the paint, the body, the stitching, or the packaging.

I've never invested in EB. I thought the 1/4th scale Rambo was pretty cool, but not for the money they wanted. And something about it just looked too toyish to display. Hot Toys figures look high scale. I don't get that vibe from EB. Plus the 1/4th scale doesn't fit with my 1/6th or Mego scale figures. At some point, I have to draw a line in the sand for space. Those are too big. I hope Hot Toys does a Rocky Balboa figure. Wouldn't mind the older version. But if they do a DX, I definitely would want one from Rocky IV. For me, that is Sly's peak.

I do don't facebook or anything, but the folks that do should start posting it all over their page so they start branching out more. Iron Man/Batman. UGH!

I think EB's sculpts and paint apps beat HT hands down, that's where it ends unfortunately. Everything else is kinda crap.

Every figure I've been interested in from EB has either turned out to have major QC issues or outright cancelled. I have no interest in 1/4 figures either, I'll take a PF instead.

Also, it seems to me, and again I don't own anything from EB, they have outstanding sculpts and paint apps on the prototypes, but the final production figure is a large step down. The difference between a HT proto and production piece is a lot less, IMO.

Also, I agree with Collector47, Rocky IV is the version I'd prefer.

I do don't facebook or anything, but the folks that do should start posting it all over their page so they start branching out more. Iron Man/Batman. UGH!

Every new IM/Bat release gets flooded on Facebook with the 'ugh, more of those, do something else!' comments

HT fixation with Iron man has just gotten out of control. To be honest, it's not even the license itself. It's the fact that they keep on releasing suit after suit.

I know there were rumors of a rocky and a rambo DX figure, and what do we get. Another Batman DX, another terminator DX.

I mean something different would be nice.

HT fixation with Iron man has just gotten out of control. To be honest, it's not even the license itself. It's the fact that they keep on releasing suit after suit.

I know there were rumors of a rocky and a rambo DX figure, and what do we get. Another Batman DX, another terminator DX.

I was with you till you said that.

I was with you till you said that.

:duh

sorry guys, if it's any consolation, I feel the same way about the batman figures, and as you can no doubt tell, I'm a Batman nut.

I mean we've gotten 2 DX versions of the Ledger Joker, 2 DX versions of the Bale bats, and then the DX10 & 13 are both version of the T-800.

Anyway at the end of the day nothing is a bigger culprit at this point that the Iron Man suit figures.

936238_536896056372389_749386550_n.jpg

Nothing to be excited about.For how many years have they been in "Development" now?
If we're lucky we might see the next Rocky/Rambo in 3 years or so.

Back