ROBOTECH coming to the Big Screen!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Shadow Chronicles movie was great, it is from the original Robotech cartoon. Some of the characters even have the same voices. Shadow Chronicles is based on the last saga of Robotech, Genesis Climber Mospeada.
If you are a Scott Bernard fan then you will like this movie.
I loved it and hope they make a sequel.
Damn it, still haven't seen this! I always say I'm gonna buy it when I'm at the store, but something else always catches my eye. Gotta pick this up.

It's funny now because all of my favorite things as a kid are being brought back to life. Most things are done pretty well (Spider-Man) and some things are completely destroyed (Punisher). I actually enjoyed the Transformers movie. I really think they did well with Transformers considering what they were working with.

Now, as for Robotech....I've always seen actors in movies and thought about them in a live action Macross Saga. Some of those actors may or may not work "now" as well as they would have years ago. I always thought Jennifer Grey (of Dirty Dancing fame) would have made a perfect Lisa Hayes and Anthony Rapp (Dazed & Confused) would have been cool as Max Sterling.

As for choices of Nathan Fillion as Roy & Tobey Maguire as Rick, I think that could work. I do think that for Minmay you need an actress who has an Asian schoolgirl look (which is why I'm surprised so many people pick American chicks for the role) and with Lisa, she definitely needs to "look" like she's older than Rick Hunter (we all know that real life age matters very little in films).

As for my choices? It would be easier to show them than name them. I put this together in paint shop for fun....

robocast1.jpg

:D

I've made the Gaff/Gloval connection ever since I was a kid, it simply can not be broken.

die;567863 As for my choices? It would be easier to show them than name them. I put this together in paint shop for fun.... [IMG said:
https://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/tehstyleguide/robocast1.jpg[/IMG]

:D

Not bad choices, even though Maguire is probably going to be Rick Hunter, I would love to see Edward James-Olmos and Dennis Leary in this film. Seth Rogan is a given for Ben Dixon. It seems everyone agrees on that.

Not bad choices, even though Maguire is probably going to be Rick Hunter, I would love to see Edward James-Olmos and Dennis Leary in this film. Seth Rogan is a given for Ben Dixon. It seems everyone agrees on that.
Yep, all solid choices. Seth Rogen is a lock for this role, it'd be cool to have him as the comedy relief.

Too bad he has to die though. :monkey2

Yep, all solid choices. Seth Rogen is a lock for this role, it'd be cool to have him as the comedy relief.

Too bad he has to die though. :monkey2

I was going to say the same thing about Ben Dixon, but hey, who knows? Jazz didn't die in the Transformers series but he fell to Megatron in the movie, maybe Ben Dixon can make it this time.

I like the Sam Elliot idea as well.

Caught the movie last night, one of four people in the theater. It was pretty damn cool seeing the fighters and space battles on the big screen. Definitely glad I went.

I've got one of the Bernard Cyclones that I traded some 1/6 stuff for a few years ago. It's in great condition. I would SO love Hot Toys or Sideshow to get the license to do 1/6 figures and armor. It would be killer. I would be poor.

John

Some Film news:

UPDATED: WOULD YOU LIKE SOME LAWRENCE KASDAN WITH YOUR ROBOTECH?

* By Russ Fischer
* Published 06/16/2008
* News

I just got a call from Devin, currently waiting to see Wanted, because he got a call from a good source about Lawrence Kasdan being the new writer for Robotech.

Wait. That movie is actually happening? We thought that was an established resident of pipe-dream rumorland. The last news was that Tobey Maguire's Maguire Entertainment was developing the picture for Warner Brothers, and for a while there was a relatively unknown guy named Craig Zahler on script duties.

But Kasdan puts a whole new angle on it. Sure, he's got Dreamcatcher lurking between now and when he wrote The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark, but bringing someone like him to the table means this could actually be happening. Be on the lookout for more details in a few days.

UPDATE: The trades have started to take the story. Thanks for the scoop credit, THR! Or not. Their coverage does at least include one (dismal) new piece of info: Akiva Goldsman has come on board as a producer, with Chuck Roven.

awsome news !!

I use to watch ROBOTECH when I lived in colombia. I was only 7 then.
last year I got macross zero the movie wich was amazing !!
I bought the yamato VF from the movie about a year ago and its pretty kick ass.

macross2.jpg

macross5.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

Awesome! I actually was going to buy this particular Valk from a friend, but I'm more into the original VF's (I have the Hikaru VF-1S Strike and the GBP-1J from Yamato).

Here's a pic of my Strike in my 80s Anime section:

1300683306_l.jpg

-Joe

That is a great setup you have going there. Maybe the Holy Mech Trinity - Tranformers, Robotech and Gundam, but not in that order.
I am incredibly happy that Kasdan is attached to Robotech. Maybe next great Space Opera is ahead.

Back