Robocop IMAGE thread.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wasn't very happy with the premium format... i thought the face was done very poorly, and talking to the sideshow reps, it was done mainly due to licensing issues. i still think the hottoys version is the best one out there.

here are some old pics of ED-209. best figure i own...

ED209A.jpg

ED209B.jpg

ED209C.jpg

ED209F.jpg

ED209G.jpg

ED209H.jpg

This is the Hot Toys ED209? WOW! That thing looks fantastic! Is it a battle damaged version or is this one the only one they released?

Very cool regardless.

thanks guys! that is the non-battle damaged version. there is also a battle damaged version that is available now. thing is a beauty. 15" tall.

thanks guys! that is the non-battle damaged version. there is also a battle damaged version that is available now. thing is a beauty. 15" tall.

Yeah, I've hated you ever since you got that.
I love it... and your collection is amongst the best I've seen.

Awesome!
:cool:

thanks bro! need to take some updated pics as a lot has changed...

love your alien collection btw! the lights setup you have is awesome. :D

You suck for having that perfect ED! I suck for not getting one when I had the chance! :monkey2
But, the figure DOES NOT SUCK! It is one of the coolest ever!
Great stuff man. I am stupified by your setup!

i wasn't very happy with the premium format... i thought the face was done very poorly, and talking to the sideshow reps, it was done mainly due to licensing issues. i still think the hottoys version is the best one out there.

I always thought the 12" HT RoboCop version is the best out there. Then came the SSC 1/4 PF... It rased a doubt. Could it be better? I've ordered, just in case... But should the first in-hand pictures show otherwise...

I just felt the need to chime in here and say holy cr@p!! you have a nice set of customs there, I was thinking about getting the lotr figures but now you make me want robocop! HT toys is going to be getting a lot more of my money

awesome Darren!! robocop rocks!!! sooooo, you gonna get ED-209 now?? :D

haha, I'd get it in a second if I could!! I think (for the next year at least) it's out of my range though financially... it was enough of a stretch to spend £50 on Robo. (damn wedding.... bills... honeymoon...) lol

sweet pics Darren! where'd u get this gun arm version? retailer or eBay?

it was from www.play.com .... every now and then they have a sale... and this was down to £50 from the usual £130 or £80 that they go for over here

God that Aragorn is nice.

:eek::eek::eek: thank you kind sir

I remember those pictures of your display room with ED-209 in the middle back from when you first posted them. I hated you back then... and I still hate you now :rotfl

I cannot belive what I see here... Your 12"s look so PERFECT!!! I have all of them as well, but I doubt they'll ever look as good as this. Sigh... One minor gripe: Robo's pose.

:eek: thanks... I do love looking up at my customs. Little mini people on my shelf :D

and I'm still at that 'changing the pose every day' stage with Robo.... so it's already changed pose since then.

I watched all 3 films this last week, and I was surprised at how awkward most of his moving/posing was. Very different from what I remembered. So instead of doing the standard arms up shooting pose (which this figure won't doo properly... ack) I'm trying for more of a walking whilst looking around look.

it's great fun posing this thing... it's SUCH a good figure.

I just felt the need to chime in here and say holy cr@p!! you have a nice set of customs there, I was thinking about getting the lotr figures but now you make me want robocop! HT toys is going to be getting a lot more of my money

Thanks Bdarin73..... I do like my shelf, lol

and yeah.... Robo is certainly a fabulous figure. it looks, and feels solid. like a robot... not like an action figure with panels stuck over it like a stormtropper or something. It's just amazing.

Play.com have the battle damaged ED-209 for £129.99 and I'm tempted as I doubt I'll find the regular edition for anywhere near that price . But it's still a huge chunk of wedge for what, in all honesty, will spend most of it's time in storage ( I simply don't have the display space at the moment). Does anyone have any pics and info to help me make up my mind .:confused:

Play.com have the battle damaged ED-209 for £129.99 and I'm tempted as I doubt I'll find the regular edition for anywhere near that price . But it's still a huge chunk of wedge for what, in all honesty, will spend most of it's time in storage ( I simply don't have the display space at the moment). Does anyone have any pics and info to help me make up my mind .:confused:
He he! Virtually every collectible I own, is still in a box, mainly because I have no room for descent displays. But that never stoped me from buying what I fancy. It is better to buy now, then having to regret it later, when it is either to expensive, or simply unfindable.
As for the battle damaged ED-209, The only reasons I would buy it, is because I would have missed the first version. But the fact that it is limited to only 500 pieces, is an other stimulus to get it. Fortunately, I have the first version. In the box, of course. :D

here are some pics from the sideshow website. ED is in stock. i still like the regular version more, but this one is quite good too:

63161_press01-001.jpg

63161_press02-001.jpg

63161_press03-001.jpg

63161_press04-001.jpg

63161_press05-001.jpg

63161_press06-001.jpg

63161_press08-001.jpg

63161_press09-001.jpg

got another shelf cleared out and lit, and put Maul and Robo there... looks great now

collection1.jpg

collection2.jpg

collection3.jpg

Amazing display Darren, the shelf and lighting setup really gives your pieces an exhibit vibe.

The pics Ive seen of your figures speak for themselves and Im loving your new aquisition. Robocop is one of my all time favourite characters and the Hot Toys figute looks insanely detailed and extremely faithful to the original. Its one more figure to add to my hopelessly optimisitc wish list lol

I have the first Robocop as well as the regular ED-209... both are absolutley fantastic but I have just sold Robo and am looking to sell ED, gonna break my heart in doing so, but I need space for my pre-orders and these have to go :(

(If any of you guys are from the UK and are after an ED, give me a shout!)

omg dont..... I'm in the UK and I would love an ED209... but I could barely bring myself to spend the money on Robo......

damn..... damn damn damn lol

Hey Darren, what lights in particular did you use? I take it they work on batteries and you simply stick them to the shelf?

Back