Robocop - 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get the Hot Toys figure, seriously.

10369192_10152354618657344_6275430374667985574_n.jpg

:goodpost: :lecture:lecture:lecture

RoboCop 30th Anniversary Celebration

Hello RoboCop Fans! Today is a Day of Celebration for RoboCop Fans Everywhere! July 17, 1987 This Awesome Film Released to the World! Here is a Fantastic Article That Im Sure You Will Love! So To Celebrate, Share Some Photos of your Favorite RoboCop Figures! Check Out The Article HERE:

robocop-30th-anniversary.jpg

Just get the Hot Toys figure, seriously.

10369192_10152354618657344_6275430374667985574_n.jpg

Ah memories. The last time a HT that was announced and released that I was hyped for all the way through, and it lived up to my expectations. Some of the magicians in this place took some sick photos of it. The eyes and accuracy is spooky good.

To me, it's the best headsculpt HT has ever done. I can't think off hand what I could ever compare it to.

To me BD Murphy's eyes were just a tad too close together. I liked the "human" Murphy cop better. Best HT likeness ever is a tough one. The recent TFA Han is definitely close to the top.

To me BD Murphy's eyes were just a tad too close together. I liked the "human" Murphy cop better. Best HT likeness ever is a tough one. The recent TFA Han is definitely close to the top.

Damn, I hoped that was a sneaking suspicion that only I had....

Damn, I hoped that was a sneaking suspicion that only I had....

Yeah, it's the one thing that's kind of bugged me since the very first preview. He looks great in 3/4 angle shots (like the one DiFabio posted above) but head on I always notice that the eyes aren't spaced correctly.

Yeah HT wasted a great sculpt with that fig. Cmon hit us with a Boddicker HT, you know you want to.

In HT's predictable fashion, they do all the core looks for Murphy and even did ED... but somehow miss the main Villain. I don't really consider Jones the main baddy, even though he technically is.

Some thoughts on Verhoeven's timeless classic...

Damn. I don't think I could have said it any better! Your bullet points are spot on, my friend. For my money, Robocop is one of those rare perfect movies. And because it also happens to be a brilliant social satire (on top of being a ridiculously strong sci-fi/action piece), it's always been tough for even the harshest critics to simply write it off as "cult" or "expensive fluff." For example, you can take a great cult film like The Warriors (which I love) and rag on it all day long (and you'd be correct for the most part). But if you try to rag on Robocop on ANY level... it doesn't really work. Try it some time ;)

Unfortunately, like so many great films, it had its truly awful sequel :(

Happy 30th!

Love me some Robocop! Been a fan since day one. I was 6 years old when it came out.

Peter Weller as a cardboard Robocop still beats 2014 version. :lol

Attachments

• imagesYZ9Z59Z4.jpg
    imagesYZ9Z59Z4.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 55
Yeah, he's hit and miss. But I'd say more the former than the latter :)

He either does one-offs or extremely limited runs of certain customs. Not sure whether he'll revisit Boddicker like he's done with a couple others.

Back