Robocop 2 or Predator 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which sequel do you prefer?

• Total voters
yes. showed that with more weapons and more forgiving environment, preds can lose to common folk.

i hear ya...i was pissed when harrigan took him out with his own weapon.

there was more character development...if you look harder
-Ship with trophy room
-Preds can determine a NON-threat child holding a toy gun from a real threat holding a loaded weapon
-Adapts to enviromnent (vision in meat locker)...they feed on meat
-Introduction of the ELDER and other warriors...heirarchy
-Doesn't kill a pregnant woman..even if she's a threat...Moral Creatures?
-The Gun the Elder gave to harrigan showed us that the PREDATORS have been doing their thing for a LONG TIME.

this is just some of the Predator's character development found in P2

which didnt reappear until 14 years later, with new concept. if fox thought money was to be had, sequel would have followed before that.

Just rewatched Robocop 2 yesterday on Netflix. Made me go out and buy it on Blu Ray. Robocop 2 over Predator 2 here (I love both movies though).

-Joe

I like both movies (They're each my favorite out of both the franchises) but as far as non-stop awesomeness, Robo 2 takes the win.

I do like that P2 really expanded on the predator mythos alot, and changing up the setting from a jungle to L.A. was bold, but it was basically a hardboiled cop chasing around a serial killer who happens to be an E.T. Except for that last part the story's been used a million times.

Really? I'm shocked. I voted robo 2 as I prefer it over the original. Robo Cain was a great Villain. I have always wanted to get all nuked up. As for conan, destroyer was amazing! Especially the hall of glass! Awesome!

We are on different pages then... I think Destroyer is crap; just an awful movie. I can understand the story is more like Howard's works, but the execution is just laughable; whereas the original is just badass.

Robocop 2 by far, for Robocain design and all those stelar stopmotion animations made by Tippett studio.
Predator 2 is pretty lame compare to the original.
The alien head trophy sequence was kinda cool.

Last edited:
PREDATOR 2 100%, The story was different, it expanded the story, FOX just should've want more sequels but didn't i guess, or FOX didn't like the written stories/sequels?

Predator 2

Everything about P2 is great. The Jamaican/Columbian battles, setting, music, characters, Predator design, the whole Elder/clan idea, the Alien trophy skull, etc.. The feel to the movie is just great. I get chills everytime I hear that screech at the beginning of the movie.
Don't understand why everyone hates it, has and will always be my favorite. :clap

As for Robocop, I barely remember the first one, and didn't really like it. Ha

Finally somebody likes predator 2 as much as me I think it's a great movie in my opinion I know fan bits of Arnold think it sucks because it doesn't have him but I think glover did one hell of a job and to me I k ow I'm gonna be flamed but the look of the predator in number 2 was better than predator 1 in my opinion

Predator 2 was an enjoyable sequel IMO more so than Predators :)
Robocop 2 and 3 just didn't happen. Terrible films. Although saying that, Cain was quite a scary robot when I first watched it as a kid.

loved both films but had to choose predator 2, we got to see him in a new light, the film was more focused on the predator with his awesome gadgets, and being a huge pred head, he will always come off better IMO

Finally somebody likes predator 2 as much as me I think it's a great movie in my opinion I know fan bits of Arnold think it sucks because it doesn't have him but I think glover did one hell of a job and to me I k ow I'm gonna be flamed but the look of the predator in number 2 was better than predator 1 in my opinion

Love it as much as you guys do! Predator 2 is my 2nd favourite movie, my first is predator 1 :)

For the record, I agree that Predator 2 was awesome. You get the cool netting weapon, an expansion in the medical kit, the dart weapon, the spear, the disc, the vision modes, the new Predator suit, his sense of honour, the ship, the Predator clan, the trophy room, the history of their visits to Earth, Gary Busey hamming it up and getting cut in half, and more badass Predator kills.

Some of this has been stated earlier, but I thought it should be said again. I don't understand the amount of hate for this sequel.

Robocop 2 and 3 just didn't happen. Terrible films. Although saying that, Cain was quite a scary robot when I first watched it as a kid.

Hey Nash, how's it going?
Totally agree about Predator 2. While not the classic the first film was, it was an enjoyable sequel and different enough from the first to not just be a rehash. Had some really cool elements too, with the weapons and the clan at the end. And a really nice new design. Predators on the other hand i thought was garbage.

As Robocop 2, i thought it was pretty good. Again, nowhere near the level of the first film, but enjoyable enough. And yeah, as a kid i found cain to be pretty scary. Some classic moments in that movie though.

I don't consider the P2 design to be better than P1, but I do prefer P2's look over P1.
P2 has been my favorite Predator movie since the first time I watched it. The atmosphere, characters, design.. It's just all so nice.

I feel that P2 really shows the true meaning of the Predator, If you can understand that.
Glad that i'm not the only one who likes it. :clap

Robocop 2, for no reason other than the sheer unadulterated mayhem during the last 20 minutes of the movie.

I don't know what i like better...the last 20 (or so) minutes of Robocop 2 or the last 20 minutes of Predator 2. as you can tell, i'm having a tough time making up my mind.

In certain sequences Robo2 delivered the goods and i agree CAIN scared the crap outta me. Terrifying creation, i would LOVE to own in 1/4 scale.

For the record, I agree that Predator 2 was awesome. You get the cool netting weapon, an expansion in the medical kit, the dart weapon, the spear, the disc, the vision modes, the new Predator suit, his sense of honour, the ship, the Predator clan, the trophy room, the history of their visits to Earth, Gary Busey hamming it up and getting cut in half, and more badass Predator kills.

Some of this has been stated earlier, but I thought it should be said again. I don't understand the amount of hate for this sequel.

i couldn't have said it better myself :hi5:

"He's on safari. The lions, the tigers, the bears...Oh my!"

TTPredBusey.jpg

Back