Robocop 2 or Predator 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which sequel do you prefer?

• Total voters
TTPredBusey.jpg
esq-01-gary-busey-interview-030211.jpg

:cuckoo:

Seems like the bulk of the love for P2 is in how in moves the Predator "mythos" forward, rather than about acting, pacing, or story. Is this a fair assessment?

people conveniently forget. honor shown in first predator film. predator didnt kill anna when she was unarmed. ditched weapons and went man to man with dutch too. that mythos well established in first film.

Very well put Karmazov80. That's exactly what it is.

I stumbled across this poster and I used to own it and haven't seen it in close to 20 years. My mother threw it out because she couldn't stand looking at "the terrible creature" on my bedroom walls :gah: :lol
predatordiagram.jpg

Seems like the bulk of the love for P2 is in how in moves the Predator "mythos" forward, rather than about acting, pacing, or story. Is this a fair assessment?

I thought the acting was great - Danny Glover did a great job, I loved Gary Busey and Bill Paxton, and Robert Davi was awesome. Oh, and how can I forget King Willy!

Pacing was very very fast. It didn't have the buildup that Part 1 had, but I'm glad that it didn't, since it wasn't a surprise anymore what the Predator was. It wouldn't have worked. I really liked how the movie kicked off with an explosion and boom, you were right in it till the end.

Story was good enough. It was a little weird when the Predator started knocking off the Columbians and Jamaicans, but it was fine. Didn't care so much that he killed Danny boy though. But in the end, it was a story of a Predator in an urban jungle picking people off. Very similar to Part 1 if you think about it like that.

And then ofcourse you have the mythos part, which is excelled. Something that Predators did, but not as well.

Just my opinions. Not flaming anyone for disagreeing.

P2...Don't understand all the hate that movie gets from Predator fans. I dont think the movie was amazing by any stretch but I do not think it was as bad as some have made it out to be( It had new characters, ideas, weapons, situation...very different from the first, though not as good it was still different in a good way which made it an enjoyable film IMO). Ive watched it many times in my life and I am certain I will be watching it again down the road.

Could have been worse like a rehash of the first movie, in the jungle with a different group of people, being hunted the exact same way....kinda reminds me of a movie that came out recently...hmmmm.

I thought the acting was great - Danny Glover did a great job, I loved Gary Busey and Bill Paxton, and Robert Davi was awesome. Oh, and how can I forget King Willy!

Pacing was very very fast. It didn't have the buildup that Part 1 had, but I'm glad that it didn't, since it wasn't a surprise anymore what the Predator was. It wouldn't have worked. I really liked how the movie kicked off with an explosion and boom, you were right in it till the end.

Story was good enough. It was a little weird when the Predator started knocking off the Columbians and Jamaicans, but it was fine. Didn't care so much that he killed Danny boy though. But in the end, it was a story of a Predator in an urban jungle picking people off. Very similar to Part 1 if you think about it like that.

And then ofcourse you have the mythos part, which is excelled. Something that Predators did, but not as well.

Just my opinions. Not flaming anyone for disagreeing.
Well said dude. :clap

Back