Roberto's Original Trilogy STAR WARS Toy Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sandcrawler is SOFA KING cool! I can't imagine what that commision cost you, or even the shipping expense. I want one - maybe even bigger so I can make a bunk bed out of it for my son's room.
Those custom figs and package designs are pretty tight too. Kudos on your work.

Keeping that big TRU falcon in a big box however is still retarded. :rotfl
Gotta let her out to breathe man!

Don't let my son come over to play with your TIEs - he loves the ejecting wings feature followed by the likelyhood of dozens of wing panels getting stepped on. The good thing about kids though, is now you can relive your Star Wars childhood along with them.

-theropod

Those custom figs and package designs are pretty tight too. Kudos on your work.

Thanks, dude. I'm glad you dig my work.

Keeping that big TRU falcon in a big box however is still retarded. :rotfl Gotta let her out to breathe man!

Well, Like Anakin said in EP II, "I am a slow learner.":D

Actually, "Millie" gets plenty of fresh air. See, at least once a month, I can be found entertaining some new friends or neighbors up in the collection room. Inevitably, the conversation always turns to the giant Falcon, since folks are always curious to see it.

And I always happily pull her out of her box, signaling the start of the latest geek-out session. I designed the box so that the face side (with the big graphic) is actually a lift-off lid (like a shoebox).

Everytime I take her out, the smiles and shocked expressions on my visitors faces always makes it SO worthwhile for me.:D

We always pull down other ships from off the surrounding shelves (X-Wings, Tie Fighters, Y-Wing Fighters, Tie Interceptors, Bombers, etc.) and we always have some type of mock battle... at least for a few minutes... throughout the second floor of my home. Everyone always loves to compare the scales of the various ships.

And flying a 6 foot long Millennium Falcon around the house is always a trip... especially when you have one or two friends chasing you with a couple of Tie Fighters. And it really isn't that heavy despite its size (about 40 lbs or so). Nevertheless, it's a pretty good thing I'm a big guy.

I tell you honestly, I think I enjoy that Falcon far too much, and far too often! I certainly enjoy it much more than if it were just hanging from my ceiling and I couldn't regularly get my grubby little mitts on it.. I can tell you that!

Don't let my son come over to play with your TIEs - he loves the ejecting wings feature followed by the likelyhood of dozens of wing panels getting stepped on.

Well, you and your son are welcome to come over and geek-out anytime you're in the NYC area. I'll be happy to have ya both. But... uh... "wing panels getting stepped on", you say??" "stepped on"????? Say it aint so!!!:google

The good thing about kids though, is now you can relive your Star Wars childhood along with them.

Brutha, ain't that the truth! In fact, quite a few of those monthly visiting "... friends and neighbors..." that I was referring to earlier are under the age of 18. Enjoying the magic of STAR WARS through their eyes is really where it's at.

Last edited:
Wow, that Sandcrawler is really the coolest 1/6 vehicle I've ever seen! So impressive and yet even though its ginormous its fully of detal. What a great centerpiece! Thanks for sharing :rock

That is an impressive collection you have there. I love the Sandcrawler and to see all those beautifully designed boxes is just impressive. Your custom work on the figures is also really nice - love your Vader and Obi-Wan. Keep the work coming.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! It's greatly appreciated.

Actually Galactiboy, I'm pretty sure that all things scaled for 3-3/4 inch figures are considered 1/18th scale.

A 1/6th scale Jawa Sandcrawler probably would not fit in you average car garage since as it would have to be approximately 10 feet tall.:D

Thanks for the kind words, guys! It's greatly appreciated.

Actually Galactiboy, I'm pretty sure that all things scaled for 3-3/4 inch figures are considered 1/18th scale.

A 1/6th scale Jawa Sandcrawler probably would not fit in you average car garage since as it would have to be approximately 10 feet tall.:D

I mean to put 3 3/4" :monkey3 Just too excited by how cool it looked to type straight :lol

Roberto... ever think of doing a run of those packages? There are a few there I wouldn't mind getting for my collection. :monkey3

LUKE SKYWALKER: Jedi Knight
Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
Vintage Kenner Luke: Jedi Knight (1983) was a pretty nice figure, but I was always a bit dissapointed with the strange positioning of his arm and legs. Also, I always thought his face sculpt was overly morose looking. In my humble opinion, ALL POTF II Jedi Lukes were VERY poor depictions of the character. They were ALL barrel-chested, They were ALL pre-posed, and they ALL suffered from various strange looking face sculpts. Even the most recent SAGA Luke Jedi (2003) suffers from flimsy legs with bending knees, a poorly-produced, ill-fitting cloth cape, and a pin-headed, overly morose face sculpt.

GOAL:
I strived to create a neutrally-posed, nicely detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of LUKE SKYWALKER in his black Jedi Knight outfit as seen in Return of the Jedi.

Now, I know that there is some debate over the correct color of Luke’s Jedi cloak. And admittedly, it probably WAS dark TAN as many have suggested. However, I just felt that a BLACK cloak was cooler looking! My custom Jedi Luke was scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs).

“Nevertheless, I’m taking Captain Solo and his friends. You can either profit by this or be destroyed. It’s your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers.”

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ 25th Anniversary Luke Skywalker: Swing to Freedom (Head (hollowed out for ball-jointed neck))
2) SAGA Captain Antilles: (Neck)
3) SAGA Luke Skywalker: Jabba’s Palace (Torso, Arms, Hands, Skirt)
4) POTF II Luke Skywalker Blast Shield Helmet: (Pelvis, Legs (painted black) )
5) POTJ Han Solo Bespin Capture: (Black boots (surgically shortened / straightened into a neutral pose)
6) POTF II Comm Tech Chip Darth Vader: (Black cloth cape (tailored to fit Luke) )
7) EP I Darth Maul with Sith Speeder: (Black cloth robe (Hood is carefully tailored to fit the Comm Tech Darth Vader cloth cape)

LukeJedi.jpg

DARTH VADER: Dark Lord of the Sith
Custom Action Figure and Photos by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
There have been many Darth Vader action figures produced over the years. NONE of them accurately depict the powerfully elegant and imposing SHAPE of the Dark Lord of the Sith! NONE of them feature ALL of the details that I wanted to see incorporated into a single Vader figure.

Typically, Hasbro has sculpted Vader’s robes as rigid plastic, or as a part of his torso sculpt. The mask/ helmet sculpts for ALL Kenner / Hasbro Vader action figures have always been inaccurately depicted and / or disproportionately SMALL in relation to the body. The recent Darth Vaders offered by Hasbro have either been anorexic (2004's VOTC Vader), posed with an OVERLY WIDE stance (Evolutions Vader), wearing overly POOFY soft-goods (Both of them), or just plain ol' pea-headed (All of them!!)

GOAL:
The goal here was to create a neutrally-posed, richly-detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of Anakin Skywalker as the powerful fallen Jedi Knight that he ultimately became. The first thing I decided was that ALL of his robes and cape were to be made of CLOTH. Also, I wanted this custom action figure to be able to unmask with the correct THREE stages of head gear (rather than Hasbro’s typical two.) Most importantly, I wanted a custom action figure that just looked elegant and STATELY when standing neutrally at ease. As always, custom Vader had to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs).

“If you only knew the power of the Dark Side!”

RECIPIE:
1) POTF II "Flashback" Anakin Skywalker head* (Re-sculpted as burn-disfigured Anakin)
2) POTF II Ben Obi Wan Kenobi ( Additional Ear contour)
3) POTF II Darth Vader with Removable Helmet (Rear neck brace, Inner breathing mechanisms for mask)
4) POTF II Complete Galaxy Darth Vader (Surface details of exposed mask cranium)
5) POTJ Dagobah Darth Vader (Torso, upper legs, pelvis (re-sculpted for narrower-stance legs) )
6) POTF II Comm Tech Chip Darth Vader (Lower Legs/Boots, Cloth skirt, Main Cape (tailored) (Note: THREE of this action figure were used to obtain enough black fabric to create Vader’s inner robes)
7) 25th Anniversary Darth Vader Final Duel (Right arm, surgically re-positioned, Chest life-support unit)
8) SAGA Darth Vader Bespin Duel (Left arm, Metal lightsaber hilt and red blade)
9) POTJ Darth Vader Emperor’s Wrath (Cod-piece, Belt life-support monitor units)
10) SAGA Darth Vader Throne Room Duel (Belt buckle)
11) Black Ribbon (Used to create Belt)
12) Graphics on Belt Box Units (Created in Adobe Photoshop, and laser printed as Labels)
13) Toys R Us Darth Vader Character Umbrella (Used to create 3 individual mask and helmet sections. Sculpt is VERY accurate, and a PEREFCT size for a 4 inch scale figure)

impressive.jpg

DarthVaderrevealed-1.jpg

Great collection, Sandcrawler is Sweet looking and I love the two above customs! Great job
icon14.gif

Roberto... ever think of doing a run of those packages? There are a few there I wouldn't mind getting for my collection. :monkey3

Unfortunately, I only designed these boxes as replacements for the ones in my collection that were damaged in the flood at my home two summers ago.

Each of these designs feature photograhy elements that are mostly mine (say about 85%).

But there is always a background, or an action figure image, or a vehicle photo image that is NOT mine, downloaded from somewhere off the net.

Since the photo work in each of these boxes in not 100% mine, I cannot, in good conciousness, make a run of these for sale.

Great collection, Sandcrawler is Sweet looking and I love the two above customs! Great job
icon14.gif

Thanks for the props good buddy! I'm glad you like my custom figures, but I sure wish I had been talented enough to have built that sandcrawler myself.:rolleyes:

Ive watched with a certain amount of "mehhhh" at the customs posted for 3 inch figures (I collect 1:6th) over at rebelscum

and Ive never been impressed with 3 inch

until now

Great work

Darklord, that is an amazing collection! I admire your dedication to this great hobby! I love your Vader! Your custom boxes are very impressive. Welcome to these boards! Thank you for sharing. Will you be treating us with pictures of your other collectibles soon as well?

Wow!

Thanks for the very nice recent comments guys! Boy I tell ya, I never expected the level of love that I've gotten from everyone here. Feels really good, I must say!

Mooncat, I'm flattered that my customs have helped you to see the value of the 3-3/4 inch scale. I just can't get enough of those little buggers myself.

Darthrazz you can certainly expect to see photo updates of additional (non toy realted) items, new items, or new custom action figures (as I complete them) posted here in my collection thread.

I am also hoping to finally photograph my 3-3/4 inch scale army of Imperial Troops (Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers, AT-AT Drivers, AT-ST Pilots, Biker Scouts, Imperial Commanders, Imperial Officers, Imperial Gunners, Tie Fighter Pilots, Royal Guards, etc)

But that project is going to be pretty big and time-consuming, so I don't know exactly when it will happen. You see, my action figure Imperial army is all loose, but they are each stored inside of zip lock baggies (with weapon), which are in turn kept inside dozens of Darth Vader Collector Cases.

So we're talking about taking each character out of the collector cases, then out of their individual ziplock baggies, and then posing them together (in a large enough space for the whole army to fit)

To give you an idea of the size of this project, just imagine that counting standard Imperial STORMTROOPERS only, there are now just over 500 men in my army. By the time the rest of the figures in the army are tallied up, there easily 1,200 or so men total.

As for upcoming new items added to the collection, right now the one I'm most excited about is the custom-built 3-3/4 inch scale Jabba The Hutt SAILBARGE that I've commissioned to have built and delivered in time for the summer. This big 5- 1/2 foot long barge is coming from South America from the same builders as my custom Jawa Sandcrawler.

Dont forget to take a windbreaker when you do this setup

I would have the camera recording as you setup as Id imagine peeps would want to see 2000 3/4 inch men all fall over as the wind knocks one in a domino effect

Theres a youtube moment for ya :google

As for upcoming new items added to the collection, right now the one I'm most excited about is the custom-built 3-3/4 inch scale Jabba The Hutt SAILBARGE that I've commissioned to have built and delivered in time for the summer. This big 5- 1/2 foot long barge is coming from South America from the same builders as my custom Jawa Sandcrawler.

That sounds so f'n cool! But the question is, will it be adorned with the vintage Jabba and cronies, or the updates stuff.

That sounds so f'n cool! But the question is, will it be adorned with the vintage Jabba and cronies, or the updates stuff.

I'll definitely be using the updated Hasbro alien characters with this Sailbarge. The henchmen aliens in my collection are about 50 / 50 modern Hasbro / Custom (modern Hasbro style).

As for Jabba the Hutt himself, I sold off my previous one (Vintage Kenner).

And once I purchased the much more realistic Jabba Figurine kit (from sculptor Andrew Rosario), I used the Hasbro Jabba toy figure to convert the kit into a working posable figure.

My custom Jabba is the one pictured on my custom designed package for the Vintage Kenner Jabba The Hutt Action Playset

JABBATHEHUTT.jpg

holy ++++! thats alot of awesome stuff bro and well displayed....I remember that huge falcon at toys r us....I tried to steal it off the ceiling....that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...:lol

:chewawesome collection bro!:chew

In the CENTER of my Collection "storeroom" I have a six-foot long banquet table set up with my custom-built correctly-scaled JAWA SANDCRAWLER parked on top.

The story behind it very briefly:

While screwing around with some Jawa action figures last spring, I decided that I really did not like how tiny the out-of-scale Hasbro / Vintage Kenner Jawa Sandcrawlers looked.

I immediately got in touch with a model builder friend of mine from South America and commissioned him to build me a NEW Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler toy in correct scale to Hasbro's 3-3/4 inch figures!!

This custom JAWA SANDCRAWLER is 2-1/2 Feet tall. 5 Feet 2 inches long. It features a Full Control Room Cabin, Front Ramp Loading Bay, Side Compartment Droid Storage, and Working lights.

NOTE: It's a good thing I only needed to have ONE of these built since only ONE appears in Ep IV !

SandcrawlerCockpit.jpg

SANDCRAWLERControlRoom.jpg

SandcrawlerOpenRamp.jpg

SandcrawlerMainHold.jpg

SandcrawlerTable2.jpg

SandcrawlerTop-1.jpg

SandcrawlerTop2.jpg

SANDCRAWLERTreads.jpg

SandcrawlerTable.jpg

I want one!

Back