Roberto's Original Trilogy STAR WARS Toy Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REBEL ARMORED SNOWSPEEDER

My whole fleet of 12 Rebel Armored Snowspeeders had packaging damaged beyond repair due to the flood.

So I designed this box to replace them:

VINTAGESNOWSPEEDER.jpg

SNOWSPEEDERBox.jpg

REBEL TRANSPORT

Both of my loose Rebel Transports needed boxes so I went ahead and designed this.

Photo Credits:

Rebelscum Photo archives: (Rebel Transport)
Hasbro Photo: (X-Wing Fighters)
Lucasfilm LTD: (Hoth Ice Planet background)

VINTAGEREBELTRANSPORTBOX.jpg

REBELTRANSPORTBOX.jpg

TRI-POD LASER CANNON / RADAR LASER CANNON

Once again, these box designs were created to store the various loose POTF II Tri-Pod and Radar Laser Cannons that I own.

But I wanted the design to be reminiscent of the closed window-less box from the Vintage Kenner Days:

Photo Credits:

Jeditemple Toy archives: (POTF II Radar Laser Cannon / POTF II Tri-Pod Laser Cannon)
Rebelscum Toy archives: ( EP1 Obi-Wan Kenobi / Major Derlin action figures used to create Hoth Rebel soldier “composite figure”)

VINTAGETRIPODCANNON.jpg

TRIPODLASERCANNONBOX.jpg

VINTAGERADARLASERCANNONBOX.jpg

RADARLASERCANNONBOX.jpg

I found Kenner's original vintage box design for the Turret & Probot Playset a little too cluttered with action figure characters and not nearly colorful enough... a common problem with their HOTH-themed photos of the toys.

I was not too broken up, that this was one of the boxes damaged in the flood.

I kept things simple with my custom design: A toy re-enactment of Han and Chewie's encounter with the probot.

I replaced the vintage probot with the more accurate POTF II version from 1997.

The custom Hoth Han Solo seen here was created in Adobe Photoshop but only because I have not finished the REAL figure yet (He's almost done). It's the new VTAC Han Hoth with the POTJ Death Star Escape head sculpt (my favorite), and a cloth fur-lined hood.

Photo Credits:

Chewbacca and Han Hoth Action Figures: Rebelscum photo archives
Han Hoth Hood/face: Roberto Williams
Turret and Probot Playset: Roberto Williams

VINTAGETURRETANDPROBOTPLAYSETBOXcop.jpg

TURRETANDPROBOTPLAYSETBOX.jpg

AT-AT: All Terrain Armored Transport

Three of my Hasbro AT-AT’s were left “homeless” by the flood.

In the tradition of the vintage Kenner box, I designed this box so that I could store them properly again:

Photo Credits:

Rebelscum Toy archives: (AT-AT)
Jeditemple archives: (background AT-AT)
Lucasfilm LTD (Background)

VINTAGEAT-AT.jpg

AT-ATbox.jpg

DAGOBAH ACTION PLAYSET

The box for this playset was only mildly damaged in the flood, but I created this new design because I wanted to see MY OWN custom figures in a Dagobah Playset scene:

Photo Credits:

Roberto Williams: (Dagobah Playset, Various Custom Action figures)
Rebelscum Photo archives: (Dagobah R2-D2 figure)

VINTAGEDAGOBAH.jpg

DAGOBAHACTIONPLAYSETBOX.jpg

TWIN-POD CLOUD CAR

Here’s a box design I created as two VARIANTS, because I could not decide which one I liked the best.

Photo Credits:

Rebelscum Toy Archives: (Twin Pod Cloud Car, Pilots)
Lucasfilm LTD: (Backgrounds)

CLOUDCARboxcompare.jpg

TWINPODCLOUDCARBOX.jpg

TWINPODCLOUDCARBOX2.jpg

Last edited:
EWOK ASSAULT CATAPULT:

Not one box survived the flood. All seven of my catapults need new boxes. This is what I designed.

My design has the same dimensions as Kenner ‘s vintage box, but it is horizontal as opposed to their vertical design.

Photo Credits:

Jeditemple photo archives: (Ewok Catapult)
Rebelscum Photo archives: (Action figures)
Hasbro Photo: (Background)

VINTAGECATAPULT.jpg

EWOKCATAPULT.jpg

SPEEDER BIKE

Virtuallly ALL of my Speeder Bikes are the Hasbro POTF II version.
And they escaped the flood un-damaged.

However I DO have six vintage Kenner bikes that ALL lost their boxes.

Now they will be stored in boxes with this design.

Photo Credits:

Rebelscum Photo archives: (Speeder Bike / Biker Scout)
Hasbro Photo: (Background)

VINTAGESPEEDERBIKEBOX.jpg

SPEEDERBIKEBOX.jpg

TIE INTERCEPTOR

By far, the BIGGEST packaging causualties in this flood were suffered by my fleet of POTJ Tie Interceptors.

But this was my chance to develop a CLOSED package design without a window (in homage to Kenner’s vintage Style). Here’s what I came up with:

Photo Credits:

Rebelscum Photo archives (Tie Interceptor)
Lucasfilm LTD (Background)

VINTAGETIEINTERCEPTOR.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR.jpg

Last edited:
Y-WING FIGHTER

My rebel fleet has 3 loose vintage Kenner Y-Wing Fighters that need boxes.

Using the same dimensions as Kenner’s vintage box, I designed this.

Photo Credits:

Rebelscum Photo archives: (Y-Wing Fighter / Tie Fighter)
Lucasfilm LTD: (Background)

VINTAGEY-WINGFIGHTER.jpg

Y-WINGFIGHTER.jpg

JABBA THE HUTT ACTION PLAYSET

Very soon, I hope to be updating my Vintage Jabba The Hutt Action Playset with the beautifully-sculpted Jabba the Hutt figure kit offered by Andrew Rosario.

In anticipation of this, I have designed a NEW package for the playset:

Photo Credits:

Roberto Williams: (Jabba’s Dais, Custom Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight action figure)
Andrew Rosario: (Jabba the Hutt custom figure sculpt/ upper body)
Jeditemple.com Photo archive: ( Jabba the Hutt / lower body)
Rebelscum.com (Various Action figures)

VINTAGEJABBATHEHUTT.jpg

JABBATHEHUTT.jpg

Very impressive work - thanks for sharing! I've seen some of your custom figures floating around various websites before - always impressed by the modern feel with the vintage aesthetics.

Some of those figures really take the basis that Hasbro used and bring the figure to a whole new, and much better level. Awesome work!

Last edited:
Wow. Would that I had that much space mate!
I no longer do the hasbro figures, but the sandcrawler is the most impressive custom i've ever seen in their scale. In the words of the good doctor,
Fantastic!

Wow! I'm blown away by your collection. I love how it's displayed and your custom work in that scale is amazing.

That Sandcrawler is :google. What a cool custom piece to have.

Dude i dun care what others may say but your dedication to your collection ROCKS! I really marvel at all the new boxes that you designed. I wish i could do something like that too! :chew:chew:chew

Good job!
James.

I agree with Lerath, I got out of Hasbro SW figs a long time ago but I must say custom Sandcrawler simply owns. Great job on the customs and keep us posted if anything new comes along.

Back