Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM AVENGERS 1:1 GLOWING MJOLNIR P

Wow! Mjolnir replica looks fantastic! I really like the glow effect too. This combined with the Tesseract is going to make for one mighty awesome display. Congrats Andrew!

P.S. - Where do you find the room to display everything? Are you a gallery owner or something? :lol

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM AVENGERS 1:1 GLOWING MJOLNIR P

Damn even your Mjolnir looks like it has an internal glow Lol. That tesseract is bomb as ****! Where is that being made?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Hammer TIME, sorry couldn't resist.....

It looks great very authentic and I have seen my share of these including one made from solid stainless steel.

Be careful, once you get bit by the prop replica bug it's hard to get cured.

Awesome looking Mjolnir, Andy! Great pickup.

I have to point out though, I could have made you one of these for much cheaper, :lol

2014-04-06

I have to point out though, I could have made you one of these for much cheaper, :lol

2014-04-06
Dude that's pretty sick still. You make that for your kid?

Yup...cardboard and duct tape.
That's amazing. I'm really impressed with the script and the spacing. You're a good dad man. I can't wait to have kids for precisely this sort of reason. I used to make this stuff for myself as a kid so all that will come in handy

Looks great Andy! :pray:

Maybe you stop collecting for 1-2 month and buy from this money a bigger house? :yess::wink1:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM AVENGERS 1:1 GLOWING MJOL...

Hey everyone, hope you had a great weekend :duff I know right...it went too quickly and it's already Monday :gah: :lol

Well as promised, managed to take a few cell phone pics of my custom made lifesize version of Thor's Mjolnir based on the epic movie 'The Avengers'. This piece was superbly crafted by the same guys who had made my Optimus Prime and Megatron G1 half scale statues, otherwise known as 'Infinity Creative Design'. Now I don't really dabble into lifesize props but when I received a small partial refund for the damage which had occurred to my Megatron statue, I decided to put it towards this Mjolnir lifesize hammer. Now, I'd seen this particular prop before on a fellow collectors facebook page aswell as Infinity's facebook page and I must say, I was immediately drawn to the very cool glowing light feature...and so I decided to get my very own one :)

najujazu.jpg

nypu9equ.jpg

y5une4y6.jpg

sapa8yze.jpg

Okay, so it's not going to surpass the quality of other distributors of movie props such as eFX but for $275 I thought it was great value and once it arrived I was really happy that I decided to get it ;) Yes, the glow effect is truly awesome and totally looks like its coming to life with the flick of a switch. Hopefully, this doesn't mean that I'm going to heavily involved into lifesize movie props but I'm already eyeing up a Captain America Shield next! :lol :lol

However, upon deciding to purchase this custom Mjolnir I had also become very interested in something else that caught my eye...and that thing was a custom made 'Tesseract' :thud

tu8eraqe.jpg

y2urusad.jpg

Now this piece is still a work in progress but what I really love about it is that it will come in an identical display case as seen in the end scene of the Avengers movie where you see Thor and Loki holding the case at each end and as they about to teleport back to Asgaard (I almost said Isengarrd but that's LOTR! ):lol

u3emajah.jpg

So as soon as I get some more WIP pics i'll get them posted up on here for you guys to see :hi5: Thanks for looking guys, always appreciate your thoughts and feedback as ever and it means alot :1-1: Enjoy the pics :wave

anu5ytam.jpg

2aju2uhe.jpg

u8y3e4eg.jpg

eny9u6an.jpg

hy4uju9y.jpg

And with the room lights off :)

5ynu3une.jpg

Great addition my friend Andy ;)

That's an awesome update Andy! For $275 I would say it was a steal. Can you send me the link to check them out more :D

Great additions Andy. Hulk PF is boss!!! He's a green legend. Congrats on hunting him down. Mjolnir is looking pretty good as well. Always got some crazy **** going on in your thread man

cracking updates as always andy.gonna make a great display piece mate.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC ORIGINAL HULK PF WITH CUSTOMI...

Hey guys, another update on one of my favourite pieces from my collection and one which has a lot of sentimental value for reasons which i'll explain shortly :) It's the Sideshow Collectibles old school classic...the Incredible Hulk Premium Format :rock I've never really reviewed this piece on my thread before despite having him in my collection for nearly over a year and half and this was only the third time I've ever actually removed the statue from its box since owning it :horror As crappy as having most of your collectibles stored inside their shipping boxes like I have, the great thing about it is that when you do eventually get to take them back out, it's like opening a whole new statue for the first time...and seeing this Hulk PF again just reminded me of why I searched so far and wide to bring this baby home to London...it's just an awesome collectible!

Looking back over 2 years now and the time when I first heard about Sideshow Collectibles, the one piece which I remember seeing on all the forums was the Green Hulk PF and I remember saying to myself that I'd never get to lay eyes on this piece in the flash let alone actually own one myself...then again, I also said that about the Dr. Doom PF and I somehow managed to get that bad boy (albeit he's now sold!) :( but I remember very well the amount of time I spent searching helplessly through eBay sites of all the different countries just on the off chance of finding me a Hulk....

I think it took something like a 6 or 7 months before my perseverance paid off when I found an eBay listing in Paris, France and a guy who was selling his Hulk PF at a reasonable price. Not only was this amazing news but to find a seller who actually lived in Europe was a blessing! This would mean that i'd save a considerable amount of money in not only shipping but also custom taxes - this is because 9 out of 10 Hulk PF's that I'd come across in my searches over those 6-7 months were all in the States or Canada :gah: So I took the bull by the horns so to speak and immediately got in touch with the seller and to my surprise after a few short messages were exchanged, we both agreed on the price of $1050 all in for the Green Hulk PF in all its original packaging aswell as the shipper :woo

Now, I've mentioned before in my thread that there have only been one or two times that a statue has left me speechless upon seeing it for the first time. Infact, from memory, I think its only ever been this Hulk PF and the SSC Iron Man MKIII LSF that have had me drooling :lol but when I unravelled the protective polysterene sheeting from the Hulk PF I just couldn't believe just how huge this statue was and then was further shocked when I tried to remove him from the Styrofoam :thud: he weighed an absolute ton!!! By far the heaviest of all my 1/4 scale collectibles that I own...the Hulk PF, along with the majority of all the other classic Sideshow old school collectibles such as the Doom PF, Thor PF, Captain America PF, etc...are some of the most remarkable pieces I've ever seen and unfortunately, ones which we are unlikely to see again in our lifetime. What I mean by that is that these statues were enormous, sculpted to perfection, painted to proto standards, solid weight behind each of them and most importantly, cost almost 50% less than what a 1/4 scale collectible would cost nowadays! Those of you who have these said pieces in your collection will know exactly what I mean...for me, these old school classics are simply some of the best that we've ever seen in the world of 1/4 scale collectibles.

So, other than giving you my thoughts on this magnificent piece, I also wanted to show you a little customisation I had done on the actual base of my Hulk PF. Taking nothing away from how it originally looked, its only because I like to have my statues look a specific way when I finally see it in the flesh. My imagination always runs wild with ways that I'd like to display things or how I could add to a statue something that I felt would make it more pleasing to me...well in this case, I wanted to add some detailing and shading to Hulks base...nothing too drastic but something that would satisfy my viewing pleasure more than what it already did...

ypehy5a7.jpg

yhy3avez.jpg

5y2egeva.jpg

so here is a before and after pic of how the base looked and what it looks like after I had it repainted :)

uvehu3ah.jpg

There are only a few pieces in my collection that I can think of which I can safely say will never leave my collection...this Hulk PF is certainly one of them. I know we've had countless Hulk statues released since the PF...we've had the Comiquette, Skaar, the Avengers Movie Maquette, the newly arrived Gladiator Hulk and of course the new set of Hulk PF's which will arriving in the future, but despite all these amazing statues, I still feel as though the original Hulk PF will always be the undisputed champion of all Hulks. Its the perfect representation of how I remembered Hulk as a young teenager and also my very first Hulk statue that I ever owned :) Thanks as ever for looking guys and I hope you enjoy the pics :wave

emeby5un.jpg

9aqu2yqu.jpg

u4y7yhun.jpg

a2ademyz.jpg

ede3uryv.jpg

huza7y2e.jpg

P.S. I'll be back with my next update which will be a first for me....in that it's my first movie prop collectible. My custom made lifesize 'Mjolnir' on display base based on the Avengers Movie, which also features a very very cool 'glow' feature :rock

hupugyza.jpg

bavy2yre.jpg

Totally amazing stuff as usual man. Love that Hulk!!

Looks amazing Andy congrats.:clap

Now that custom Tesseract will be interesting to see.

Thanks so much Steve :hi5: Yea, really intrigued about the Tesseract myself :exactly: so much power will soon be in my hand (hope I don't get a visit from Thanos!) :horror

That just looks freakin' epic, man! Your additions just keep getting better and better. Well done!

Thanks so much for the kind words Nanuke :clap appreciate it bro! :)

Nice addition. Would love that custom batman as well

Thanks Daryl, yea that Batman is one of my favourite Batman themed custom pieces out there...shame its so rare :(

That's a great addition!!! Love it!!! Especially the base (even if it's not movie accurate blahblahblah...)

Great news Andy!!! :yess:
Oh... and Thursday is coming soon!!!! :pray:

Hey Marc, thanks bro :hi5: Man, Thursday cant come soon enough...I still hope that Sideshow will be sticking to their date of the 14th...its been awfully quiet...also got my processing email for my Sideshow MKVII lifesize bust which gets charged on the 22nd so I'm expecting a barrage of Iron Man goodies this month :rock

Awesome update Roberto ! It should be awesome if you can get the Batman custom statue, he looks amazing !

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM AVENGERS 1:1 GLOWING MJOL...

Hammer time! The mjolnir looks great!

Thanks Ben :hi5: appreciate the comments bro :)

Wow! Mjolnir replica looks fantastic! I really like the glow effect too. This combined with the Tesseract is going to make for one mighty awesome display. Congrats Andrew!

P.S. - Where do you find the room to display everything? Are you a gallery owner or something? :lol

:lol I haven't been called Andrew since I lived at home with my parents :lol :lol thanks for the great post Mikey...love the mew mew vid! :lol :lol

Damn even your Mjolnir looks like it has an internal glow Lol. That tesseract is bomb as ****! Where is that being made?

Hey Caesar, these great custom pieces are done by a company called Infinity Creative Design...infact, our very own freak loricstone just recieved his half scale G1 Megatron from them today...they've done some great customs!

Hammer TIME, sorry couldn't resist.....

It looks great very authentic and I have seen my share of these including one made from solid stainless steel.

Be careful, once you get bit by the prop replica bug it's hard to get cured.

:lol it doesn't take me much to get addicted Dave :slap thanks bro :hi5:

2014-04-06

:lol :lol great post Kris...that make it yourself Mjolnir is awesome! I remember seeing it few months ago on your thread :clap bet your boy was totally made up when you gave it to him...or was it for you? ;)

Now that is the coolest night light ever :lol Mjolnir and the Tesseract look great. For the price, you can't go wrong. Once you get your gallery to display all your goodies, sell admission tickets to help fund your future POs! :)

Sorry m8 missed some stuff. You finally have another grail with the Hulk PF looks *****in awesome.

I received my holy grial on 3th of August!

fe59AG.jpg

His name is Julian

Don't know where to put him in my man cave ;)

Back