Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE PART

good job keep up the good work bro

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE PART

Every time I open this thread and Averone's, I cry a little inside out of jealousy :lol

Truly amazing work Andy! You're inspiring me to get my hands dirty and learn a little something for myself! So I'll be working on HT pink panty syndrome :lol

y4y8u2aj.jpg

Amazing work!

How long did something like this take to repair?

Chris

good job keep up the good work bro

I'll try mate....as long as stop calling my phone every 5 minutes to tell me that the Iron Man MKVII LSF reveal pics are up!!!!:mad: Only kidding pal :1-1: Mine's a full English on Saturday by the way! :yess:

Every time I open this thread and Averone's, I cry a little inside out of jealousy :lol

Truly amazing work Andy! You're inspiring me to get my hands dirty and learn a little something for myself! So I'll be working on HT pink panty syndrome

:lol I used to feel the same way when I looked through Alex's thread and saw those amazing Iron Man goodies when I first started collecting 2 years ago :exactly: so its a nice feeling to be mentioned along side Alex and also reminds me how far I've come in this hobby despite only ever hearing about Sideshow back in early 2012 :horror Man, what i'd do to go back to 2006!!! I know i'd be a lot poorer that's for sure! Ha!

Thanks again for your great comments Eric and stay tuned for another repair job - this time a Comic Thor PF headsculpt :yess:

Amazing work!

How long did something like this take to repair?

Chris

Hey Chris :wave thanks for the kind words pal. You'd be surprised but the actual sanding, filling and primering are the parts that take the least amount of time. Its when you come to applying the fresh coats of colour that it gets a bit time consuming as you have to allow everything to dry before you add each coat, etc...

The leg fix took about a weekend i'd say whereas the arm fix is taking a little longer :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE*

Okay guys, firstly thanks so much for all your great comments and kind words...really is amazing to have such support and to know so many great guys :1-1:

My second update shows some progress on the arm repair which was the original break on this piece when I first purchased it. Again, same as the repair on the legs I had to re-attach the arm to the body and then go about sanding the crack line until smooth and then add the polyfill to cover the cracks. Once all smooth I could then apply the primer and prepare for the paint apps.

Her are some early progress shots :wave

sesu2a5u.jpg

ysa3utud.jpg

ge3ahepe.jpg

ydu3u8an.jpg

WOW! :horror Great work again on the repair Rob:clap You certainly have a knack for this kind of thing. Looking forward to seeing it all completed. No guesses that you'll be ordering the new Iron Man 1:2 Maquette tomorrow! :lol:lol The pics do look great though, congrats

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE*

WOW! :horror Great work again on the repair Rob:clap You certainly have a knack for this kind of thing. Looking forward to seeing it all completed. No guesses that you'll be ordering the new Iron Man 1:2 Maquette tomorrow! :lol:lol The pics do look great though, congrats

Thanks bro! :) yea, today's the day for pre order! I've gotta funny feeling that my mrs will be gifting me half the funds for it as a Christmas prezzie :rock bless her, she did the same with my Wolverine LSF this year in May for my birthday :)

egeba9u5.jpg

yze2u2u8.jpg

God does that look so amazing... I'm going to order this for sure. This hobby is going to be the death of my savings account. I just can't help myself. Just when you think you've got it all something else comes out and Cha Ching goes SS cash register

How's the arm coming along? Did you start to paint it yet?

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE P...

God does that look so amazing... I'm going to order this for sure. This hobby is going to be the death of my savings account. I just can't help myself. Just when you think you've got it all something else comes out and Cha Ching goes SS cash register

How's the arm coming along? Did you start to paint it yet?

Glad your getting the IM LSF too James...its such a beautiful collectible to have in any collection. I've managed to sell a few items over the past month so i'm well on the way to saving a few benjamins on my recent PO's plus custom pieces. By the way, I think your gonna like some of the stuff I got coming! Gonna post up some reveal pics very soon of my new custom LSF :wink1:

Haven't really had much time this week on the MKIII repaint. I've added a few coats so far but still need to lacquer the whole piece to give it that glossy metallic shine - which i'll do right at the end...

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC COMIC THOR PF HEADSCULPT REPAIR*

Just a quick update on a small repair i'm working on. I purchased a comic Thor PF headsculpt in damaged condition over on the SF for around $30 and decided to attempt to repair the damage...As you can see from the pics, the break in the helmet was apparently a common one when this PF first shipped out.

sa8e3uzy.jpg

etahages.jpg

So as you can see, i'm attempting to resculpt/reshape with putty, the broken area. Still have to smooth the area and then repaint and apply laquer to it but you get the idea. Nothing major in terms of scale but thought i'd share it with you all :wave

nubyvyma.jpg

gy7e9a5e.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC COMIC THOR PF HEADSCULPT REPAIR*

Just a quick update on a small repair i'm working on. I purchased a comic Thor PF headsculpt in damaged condition over on the SF for around $30 and decided to attempt to repair the damage...As you can see from the pics, the break in the helmet was apparently a common one when this PF first shipped out.

sa8e3uzy.jpg

etahages.jpg

So as you can see, i'm attempting to resculpt/reshape with putty, the broken area. Still have to smooth the area and then repaint and apply laquer to it but you get the idea. Nothing major in terms of scale but thought i'd share it with you all :wave

nubyvyma.jpg

gy7e9a5e.jpg

One word PERFECT! :clap

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC COMIC THOR PF REGULAR HEADSCULPT REPAIR*

another good repair job Andy :clap i now know were to send my broken collectibles :lol
nice job :clap:clap :duff

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC COMIC THOR PF REGULAR HEADSCULPT REPAIR*

One word PERFECT! :clap

Thanks for the kind words Steve :hi5:

another good repair job Andy :clap i now know were to send my broken collectibles :lol
nice job :clap :duff

Hey Dave, thanks pal. Got your PM, hope its good news regarding the Bats! :yess:

Is this the mixed media statue?

Yes it is Eam...the one you've been looking for!:lol Talking of which, you do know that I have the regular and the exclusive of this PF don't you? And one has to go...:panic::panic:

Another good job for thor my friend ;)

It looks fine now just like it never happened. Your gonna use the head for yourself?

Looking great any interesting plans for the head ?

Thor pf is still one of my favs :)

You are getting very good at repairing ;)
Great work, once again!

Dude i swear your messing with us and actually do this on the side. Repair on thor looks great. Nice work Andy. Just brilliant

really cool man!. i need 10% of that talent. as always good job

Back