Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE*

Wow that's an amazing repair great skills

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE*

Yeah Wow!!! On the repair job on the leg. Excellent work Andy!!! :rock :rock :rock

What paint finishes did you use? Everything matches so well!

5ebagaqa.jpg

3era3u5a.jpg

jy9aja2e.jpg

ebezygy7.jpg

Wow looks awesome really impressive work

Looks like it was never damaged

Thanks Ant :hi5: really happy with the results on this one

Wow wow wow! You fixed that up beautifully, amazing work!

Where did you learn how to repair statues?

And this statue was free? Excellent

Thanks Eric :hi5: Yes my friend, i was credited with a full refund and then was allowed to keep the statue for myself due to the severity of the damage...couldnt have turned out better. I guess with most things i have little knowledge of i always check you tube. In this case there are a few vids on how to repair statue breaks, etc...then its a case of having the confidence to do it! :wink1:

Wow that's an amazing repair great skills
Thanks my man! really appreciate the kind words

Yeah Wow!!! On the repair job on the leg. Excellent work Andy!!! :rock :rock

What paint finishes did you use? Everything matches so well!

Hey Jim, thanks so much pal. Very kind indeed...the paints i used were automotive spray cans and was well recommended on the various colours by a few well knowledged Iron Man fans over on the RPF :yess:

Great work, man!

Repairs aren't easy and you handled this one beautifully ;)

Hey Jim, thanks so much pal. Very kind indeed...the paints i used were automotive spray cans and was well recommended on the various colours by a few well knowledged Iron Man fans over on the RPF :yess:

Very cool! What does the 'RPF' stand for? I know it's a forum, but don't know which one you are talking about. :lol

Great work, man!

Repairs aren't easy and you handled this one beautifully ;)

Thanks Kev, coming from you that is very kind :hi5:

Very cool! What does the 'RPF' stand for? I know it's a forum, but don't know which one you are talking about. :lol

Yea, i think its stands for the Replica Props Forum pal...a bunch of really talented guys on there :) Some of the custom made 1:1 armour suits are out of this world!!! :thud:

Thanks for the info. Will have to take a look at the forum over the weekend.

Wow. If you'd never of mentioned how badly this was damaged and just done the work and posted the pics, no one would ever have known it was damaged. That's how good it looks! Great work! :clap

That is simply OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! :thud:

This seems like it has NEVER been broken before!!! I gotta say, gluing it back... putting it on the primer was already one **** of a job... but COLOR Matching it with PERFECTION... simply :clap :clap :clap

Great job master!!!
Can't wait to see you display your entire 1:2 Iron Man Family with the Twins!!!! :hi5:

Mate, that is a stellar repair job! Outstanding work brother, well done! Honestly looks like it was never broken. Perhaps try and sell it now, and make some money? lol.

One word : Wow !!!!

You did it very well my friend !

Btw did you get my message ?

damn, that's awesome man!, being able to fix something like that.... you can actually fix anything.

Thanks for the info. Will have to take a look at the forum over the weekend.

Now worries pal...just dont get tempted into buying some of the life size armours or you'll be broke before you have the chance to say 'I am Iron Man' :lol

Wow. If you'd never of mentioned how badly this was damaged and just done the work and posted the pics, no one would ever have known it was damaged. That's how good it looks! Great work! :clap

Thanks Jay :hi5: thats a massive compliment and only hope i can pull it off with the rest of the statue!

That is simply OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! :thud:

This seems like it has NEVER been broken before!!! I gotta say, gluing it back... putting it on the primer was already one **** of a job... but COLOR Matching it with PERFECTION... simply :clap

Great job master!!!
Can't wait to see you display your entire 1:2 Iron Man Family with the Twins!!!! :hi5:

Bless you Marc :1-1: thanks for all your kind words and support my friend. You are more than welcome to visit my collection any time...however, the admission fee will be one Iron Studios MK42 statue thank you :yess::lol Not long now for you buddy!!! :panic:

:clapyou done a top top job on that andy..very impressive mate.i know where to send any damaged brucey figures in the future:lol

So i managed to re-attach all the broken parts back to his body and then started the repair job...

with dabs of polyfiller over the cracks and crevices and with hours of sanding to the get the surface as smooth as possible i arrived at the stage of primering...sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics :(

5ebagaqa.jpg

3era3u5a.jpg

jy9aja2e.jpg

Its incredible how much satisfaction you get from seeing the transformation right infront of your very eyes...

I have to say when it came to adding the colour i had really got lucky...it was a case of pot luck but here are the results...i still need to add a few coatings of clear laquer to achieve that shiny gloss finish as the statue originally had :)

ebezygy7.jpg

Okay, thats all for now...im currently repairing the original breakage of the arm which is going smoothly so i'll have another update in the next few days. Thanks for looking guys :)

OMG that's perfect! No one who would have ever known it was ever broken! :eek

Very well done Andy! :clap

You have done a great job on the repair Andy!!!, Congrats my friend.

Bless you Marc :1-1: thanks for all your kind words and support my friend. You are more than welcome to visit my collection any time...however, the admission fee will be one Iron Studios MK42 statue thank you :yess::lol Not long now for you buddy!!! :panic:
If we weren't 5000 km apart, I would gladly come and visit your [strike]box[/strike] statue museum! :wave

It's BRAND NeW again mate!!!... Amazing repair buddy.....

Mate, that is a stellar repair job! Outstanding work brother, well done! Honestly looks like it was never broken. Perhaps try and sell it now, and make some money? lol.

Ha! Thats the plan...already have a potential buyer :yess: Need some funds for a few new projects which i'll hopefully recieve before Christmas so have been busy selling a few pieces...thanks so much Nuri :hi5:

One word : Wow !!!!

You did it very well my friend !

Btw did you get my message ?

Thanks Carmelo, yep got the message and sent you a PM :1-1:

damn, that's awesome man!, being able to fix something like that.... you can actually fix anything.

Hey Wei, thanks so much pal...btw, have you recieved your Doom PF yet? Waiting for those pics bro! :lecture:panic:

Back