Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW IRON MAN MK42 1:1 HELMET WITH COOL LIGHT UP B

I did! I always get surprised by the amount of people who leave the cinema as soon as it's finished. Nearly every Marvel film that I can remember has some sort of bonus scene after the credits with the exception of maybe the Fantastic 4 movies as I can't remember there being a bonus scene to that one? But yea, obviously can't say too much in case those viewing this thread haven't seen the movie yet but it was an intriguing scene. Looking forward to those update repair pics Rob :impatient: :lol

It's a little tricky this one ...one in the credits ...and one after. :wink1:

:)

:horror:panic::horror WTF!!! Once in the credits and once after??!!! I only saw the one bonus scene
Spoiler Spoiler:
:slap Ah man! So there is another one right at the end of the credits???!!! I've seen this movie twice already, dont tell me i'm gonna have to make it third time lucky!!! :thud:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *LSF UPDATE...GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS, MORE GOOD NEWS!

Glad you like it Jimbo! Thanks so much for the kind words pal :1-1: Have you managed to catch Thor 2 yet? :panic::panic:

Nope. It doesn't come out here in the US until Nov. 8th. Thinking of waiting till it comes out on Blu-ray. Don't like going to the theater that much anymore. I rather watch it in the comfort of my own home. :)

I guess the movie was great and well worth the watch, because you have seen it twice now.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *LSF UPDATE...GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS, MORE GOOD NEWS!

Nope. It doesn't come out here in the US until Nov. 8th. Thinking of waiting till it comes out on Blu-ray. Don't like going to the theater that much anymore. I rather watch it in the comfort of my own home. :)

I guess the movie was great and well worth the watch, because you have seen it twice now.

Not to mention how expensive it is! To watch a movie costs around $16 and thats just the ticket! For a 3D showing its $18 and for IMAX its around $20 and we havent even included the popcorn, drink or M&M's yet! :lol:lol As i enjoy my movies at the Cinema i pay $18 a month to watch unlimited movies per month including IMAX showings...kinda makes sense when you break it down that way! There was a couple infront of me in the queue last weekend who must have been on a first date...he racked up a bill of $92 to watch a movie and snacks!!! Now that was one expensive date that he wont be repeating for a while :lol

Not to mention how expensive it is! To watch a movie costs around $16 and thats just the ticket! For a 3D showing its $18 and for IMAX its around $20 and we havent even included the popcorn, drink or M&M's yet! :lol:lol As i enjoy my movies at the Cinema i pay $18 a month to watch unlimited movies per month including IMAX showings...kinda makes sense when you break it down that way! There was a couple infront of me in the queue last weekend who must have been on a first date...he racked up a bill of $92 to watch a movie and snacks!!! Now that was one expensive date that he wont be repeating for a while :lol

Yep, that is a lot of money wasted and could be spent on collectibles instead. :lol I live in a smaller city and we don't have IMAX here, so the price spent around here for a ticket is around $8 to $9. I don't buy any snacks at all. The seats in the theater are not that comfy either. Plus you could get some rude people next to you who decide to chat throughout the movie or they chew their snacks with their mouth open. Just smacking away. That is one of my pet peeves and it annoys the crap out of me. I guess, I must be getting old and grumpy. :lol

Yep, that is a lot of money wasted and could be spent on collectibles instead. :lol I live in a smaller city and we don't have IMAX here, so the price spent around here for a ticket is around $8 to $9. I don't buy any snacks at all. The seats in the theater are not that comfy either. Plus you could get some rude people next to you who decide to chat throughout the movie or they chew their snacks with their mouth open. Just smacking away. That is one of my pet peeves and it annoys the crap out of me. I guess, I must be getting old and grumpy. :lol

:lol:lol i feel exactly the same way! :exactly: thing is i'm a bit of big guy (as in Arnie style not Jabba the Hutt style! :lol) and more than often i'll tell em to shut it or get out! :yess::yess: By the way, what is it with the seats in the US cinemas? I remember visiting Illinois a few years back and watched Mercury Rising at a local cinema and the seats were wooden!! :horror WTF :dunno

That was a great comparison. :rotfl I am a Jabba the Hutt type. Just kidding. :lol We did have a dollar theater when I was growing up. All those seats were wooden, I believe. I don't know why? Maybe they were meant to be classy. :dunno Yeah, they were not comfy at all!!! I am surprised they are still around, because the ones in my hometown have been upgraded. At least I think they all are. :lol

That was a great comparison. :rotfl I am a Jabba the Hutt type. Just kidding. :lol We did have a dollar theater when I was growing up. All those seats were wooden, I believe. I don't know why? Maybe they were meant to be classy. :dunno Yeah, they were not comfy at all!!! I am surprised they are still around, because the ones in my hometown have been upgraded. At least I think they all are. :lol

Like you said, doesnt matter for you as you'll be watching it in the comfort of your own home and on blu ray infront of your fantastic collection :yess::yess: Talking of which, i remember you said you had a few pieces incoming...any updates? :panic::monkey5

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW IRON MAN MK42 1:1 HELMET WITH COOL LIGHT UP B

:horror:panic::horror WTF!!! Once in the credits and once after??!!! I only saw the one bonus scene
Spoiler Spoiler:
:slap Ah man! So there is another one right at the end of the credits???!!! I've seen this movie twice already, dont tell me i'm gonna have to make it third time lucky!!! :thud:

Sure is :wink1: ...most of the people are leaving after the first scene ...but I tell them to stay (I'm working at a cinema in my home town).

The last scene is not a very important one really ...it's more on the fun side. :rotfl

Sure is :wink1: ...most of the people are leaving after the first scene ...but I tell them to stay (I'm working at a cinema in my home town).

The last scene is not a very important one really ...it's more on the fun side. :rotfl

DAMN! :slap Well i've arranged to go again this Friday so it's gonna be Thor 3 for me :lol:yess: unless you wanna PM me what happens in the other bonus scene if its not that important :) was already going this Friday anyway to watch George Clooney and Sandra Bullocks new movie 'Gravity' :wink1:

DAMN! :slap Well i've arranged to go again this Friday so it's gonna be Thor 3 for me :lol:yess: unless you wanna PM me what happens in the other bonus scene if its not that important :) was already going this Friday anyway to watch George Clooney and Sandra Bullocks new movie 'Gravity' :wink1:

If you going anyway, wait for it, but if you don't just give me a sign and I will PM you. :wink1:

I saw Gravity for the second time yesterday :yess: ...you're in for a great ride. :panic: :lecture

:hi5:

It's a little tricky this one ...one in the credits ...and one after. :wink1:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol:lol even I missed that one! :slap

Looking forward to those update repair pics Rob :impatient: :lol

I've got a few update pics which I'll post in the morning bro...it's not looking too bad :wink1:

:lol:lol even I missed that one! :slap

:lol and you were the one saying that you'd never missed a bonus scene :rotfl I'll let you know on Friday :wink1:

Like you said, doesnt matter for you as you'll be watching it in the comfort of your own home and on blu ray infront of your fantastic collection :yess::yess: Talking of which, i remember you said you had a few pieces incoming...any updates? :panic::monkey5

I received a few new pieces. I plan on getting them out of the boxes and taking some pics while I am on vacation starting in about a week & a half. I received the HT BD Mark VII figure, well accidently, recieved two of them. :monkey3 I also received the 7 piece Hall of Armor set not too long ago. :rock I will work on getting some pics posted during that time.

I received a few new pieces. I plan on getting them out of the boxes and taking some pics while I am on vacation starting in about a week & a half. I received the HT BD Mark VII figure, well accidently, recieved two of them. :monkey3 I also received the 7 piece Hall of Armor set not too long ago. :rock I will work on getting some pics posted during that time.

:horror:horror Now other than the suit up gantry, that 7 piece Hall of Arnour is truly amazing!!! I actually commented on one of the threads the other day as someone had the whole 7 piece including the figures and RDJ in the centre...boy it looked so good! Cant wait to see your pics Jimmy!!! :panic::panic:

P.S. Congrats on the bonus MKVII figure!!!! :yess::lol

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE*

Okay guys, at long last here are a few update pics of my attempt at restoring my damaged Iron Man MKIII LSF which arrived damaged abt 3 weeks ago now. Basically, the short story of it was that i had originally purchased my LSF with a broken left arm and had paid a really good price for it. However, when it arived it came with more damage than i was expecting as both legs had been snapped off completely!!! :horror Good news was to come out of it though as the seller saw how bad the breaks were and issued me witha full refund and allowed me to keep the statue as it would be far too costly for me to send it back to him plus the hassle of trying to re-sell it in the condition it was in.

So i've attempted to salvage what i can from the wreckage so to speak and try to restore what is one of the best Iron Man collectibles to date back to its rightful state.

Now i have only done jobs like these on a much smaller scale and dont have much experience so most of the repairs i have made so far are literally just off the top of my head...

As you can see, here are some pics of the original breaks...

yse9esup.jpg

syru9u9e.jpg

jaquve7y.jpg

y3ehumu4.jpg

Last edited:
RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE*

So i managed to re-attach all the broken parts back to his body and then started the repair job...

with dabs of polyfiller over the cracks and crevices and with hours of sanding to the get the surface as smooth as possible i arrived at the stage of primering...sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics :(

5ebagaqa.jpg

3era3u5a.jpg

jy9aja2e.jpg

Its incredible how much satisfaction you get from seeing the transformation right infront of your very eyes...

I have to say when it came to adding the colour i had really got lucky...it was a case of pot luck but here are the results...i still need to add a few coatings of clear laquer to achieve that shiny gloss finish as the statue originally had :)

ebezygy7.jpg

Okay, thats all for now...im currently repairing the original breakage of the arm which is going smoothly so i'll have another update in the next few days. Thanks for looking guys :)

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE*

Wow looks awesome really impressive work

Looks like it was never damaged :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *SSC IRON MAN MKIII LSF REPAIR WORK - UPDATE*

Wow wow wow! You fixed that up beautifully, amazing work! :clap

Where did you learn how to repair statues?

And this statue was free? Excellent :rock

Back