Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM G1 TRANSFORMERS 'ROLLER' ...

As promised, here are some early WIP pics for my G1 Optimus Prime Roller which I'm having made to display alongside my custom half scale Optimus Prime statue. As you all know, I'm a massive 80's cartoon fan and Transformers was one of those cartoons that meant so much to me growing up as a kid.

So who or what is Roller? Any ideas CBG? :lol Well, although not the most popular of characters from the Transformers cartoon. He was basically a small car shaped device that Prime used to slip in behind enemy lines and having Roller present somewhere was as good as Prime being there himself so he was a pretty important...so a bit like what Laserbeak or Ravage was to Soundwave in that respect :) Roller did serve a purpose in some of the episodes and I felt that it would look great having him along side Prime on the base ;)

Here are some art concepts to what Roller looked although some of you old collectors like me will remember him better from coming out of Optimus Primes trailer as part of Hasbro's Toy Transformers collection

9a2etura.jpg

9edehyve.jpg

8evu4u5e.jpg

So here are the WIP pics which look really cool! The sculpting of Roller has been done by the same guys who built the Optimus Prime statue, Infinity Creative Design and in my opinion have really nailed the design of Roller :) It will also feature rotating wheels aswell as 6 LED's in the front panel! So just to keep you up to date, I have the Roller inhand but am getting it colour-coded so that he matches up with the blue that was used for my Optimus Prime repaint, that way it'll match up perfectly!

y8yjuma3.jpg

As soon as I have him complete i'll be taking some pics with him alongside Prime on the base ;) Thanks for looking guys :wave

So this pic shows the a Roller taking shape in the initial design stages
te8e2e8e.jpg

And then SHAZAM!!! I present to you Roller!!
symamymu.jpg

asy3utas.jpg

upa7a8yj.jpg

ubuta2yp.jpg

syzupusu.jpg

P.S. My custom Megatron statue restoration is almost complete :pray: haven't had much time to repaint over the paint chips that had occurred throughout transit but there are just a few more tiny details that I want to add before I can take some pics for you guys but he looks awesome so far!

My next update to come though will hopefully be my Punisher PF by Sideshow Collectibles - I don't usually order locally but on this occasion I wasn't too bothered about the Exclusive so thought I'd save a few pennies...im not the biggest fan of ordering locally as its probably been about 4 months since Sideshow had officially released the statue so its been a long time coming - not to mention that I've had Spazzy's custom hands/weapons with me for the best part of a month so it will be great to finally pose them on the actual statue :yess:

Even more importantly, i'll be updating my thread with something extra special! Never mind when Harry met Sally! This time it'll be when Stan Lee met Andy :yess::yess: :lol yep, I met the great man himself last weekend and it was a fantastic experience! he was at the London Film and Comic Con and was making his final guest appearance in Europe so it was an opportunity I couldn't miss out on. Ironically, I didn't get a statue or base signed, instead I wanted him to comment on my Marvel full sleeve tattoo and of course to certify his approval by signing it, which he gratefully did :rock So stay tuned :wave

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM G1 TRANSFORMERS 'ROLLER' WIP P

I love the roller. It adds a little more personality to Optimus...and is the perfect companion piece for it. I will definitely acquire this bad little buggy as well. Sorry to hear about the couple paint chips on your Megs. One thing I could say about Infinity is they packaged the hell out of my Optimus when I got him. He arrived perfectly! I can see why there is some delay in getting him. I'd rather them take the extra time and package it like they did than half-assed.

Anyways, grats on the Megs and Roller. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM G1 TRANSFORMERS 'ROLLER' ...

As promised, here are some early WIP pics for my G1 Optimus Prime Roller which I'm having made to display alongside my custom half scale Optimus Prime statue. As you all know, I'm a massive 80's cartoon fan and Transformers was one of those cartoons that meant so much to me growing up as a kid.

So who or what is Roller? Any ideas CBG? :lol Well, although not the most popular of characters from the Transformers cartoon. He was basically a small car shaped device that Prime used to slip in behind enemy lines and having Roller present somewhere was as good as Prime being there himself so he was a pretty important...so a bit like what Laserbeak or Ravage was to Soundwave in that respect :) Roller did serve a purpose in some of the episodes and I felt that it would look great having him along side Prime on the base ;)

Here are some art concepts to what Roller looked although some of you old collectors like me will remember him better from coming out of Optimus Primes trailer as part of Hasbro's Toy Transformers collection

9a2etura.jpg

9edehyve.jpg

8evu4u5e.jpg

So here are the WIP pics which look really cool! The sculpting of Roller has been done by the same guys who built the Optimus Prime statue, Infinity Creative Design and in my opinion have really nailed the design of Roller :) It will also feature rotating wheels aswell as 6 LED's in the front panel! So just to keep you up to date, I have the Roller inhand but am getting it colour-coded so that he matches up with the blue that was used for my Optimus Prime repaint, that way it'll match up perfectly!

y8yjuma3.jpg

As soon as I have him complete i'll be taking some pics with him alongside Prime on the base ;) Thanks for looking guys :wave

So this pic shows the a Roller taking shape in the initial design stages
te8e2e8e.jpg

And then SHAZAM!!! I present to you Roller!!
symamymu.jpg

asy3utas.jpg

upa7a8yj.jpg

ubuta2yp.jpg

syzupusu.jpg

P.S. My custom Megatron statue restoration is almost complete :pray: haven't had much time to repaint over the paint chips that had occurred throughout transit but there are just a few more tiny details that I want to add before I can take some pics for you guys but he looks awesome so far!

My next update to come though will hopefully be my Punisher PF by Sideshow Collectibles - I don't usually order locally but on this occasion I wasn't too bothered about the Exclusive so thought I'd save a few pennies...im not the biggest fan of ordering locally as its probably been about 4 months since Sideshow had officially released the statue so its been a long time coming - not to mention that I've had Spazzy's custom hands/weapons with me for the best part of a month so it will be great to finally pose them on the actual statue :yess:

Wow love the lights on Roller I don't any toy had this. Congrats Andy! :clap

Even more importantly, i'll be updating my thread with something extra special! Never mind when Harry met Sally! This time it'll be when Stan Lee met Andy :yess::yess: :lol yep, I met the great man himself last weekend and it was a fantastic experience! he was at the London Film and Comic Con and was making his final guest appearance in Europe so it was an opportunity I couldn't miss out on. Ironically, I didn't get a statue or base signed, instead I wanted him to comment on my Marvel full sleeve tattoo and of course to certify his approval by signing it, which he gratefully did :rock So stay tuned :wave

Wow congrats Andy, shame though that a signature will rub off but at least u have pics to prove u met the man. ;)

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM G1 TRANSFORMERS 'ROLLER' WIP P

Wow! That Roller is :lol:hi5:
Congrats!!! A really nice addition and WELL DONE with the LED!!!

Very cool Andy Roller looks very awesome. But i hate to see that Optimus. Reminds me that i don't have it :lol

Very nice my friend. Nice to see G1 stuff getting done, I remember when I was young not able to afford OP with trailer. Those were the days. Good days.

Just amazing as usual my friend Andy!

Looks awesome dude. Nice little companion :)

:google just awesome..great idea

Roller looks great Andy, I think it really adds to the overall piece without making it too busy. :)

Grats on meeting Stan Lee :clap I had no idea you had a Marvel sleeve, time to see some pics man :hi5:

Wow! Awesome statue and the roller too? That's insanely awesome! I don't think any company will ever make a prime g1 with the roller as well. Keep us posted on more pics my friend. G1 TF is our generations goodness!

Roller looks Fn sexy with Optimus man I love it! The three LED's at the front really set it off too they have done a great job on it. It was worth the wait man :lol

The addition of Roller is a great idea!

And congrats on meeting Stan Lee :rock

I love the roller. It adds a little more personality to Optimus...and is the perfect companion piece for it. I will definitely acquire this bad little buggy as well. Sorry to hear about the couple paint chips on your Megs. One thing I could say about Infinity is they packaged the hell out of my Optimus when I got him. He arrived perfectly! I can see why there is some delay in getting him. I'd rather them take the extra time and package it like they did than half-assed.

Anyways, grats on the Megs and Roller. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Thanks buddy :hi5: well on this occasion their packaging wasn't up to scratch and some of the Megatron pieces were quite loosely wrapped :( I remember from your YT vid of your Optimus Prime where you state it took you a really long time to unpack and assemble him :lol

Roller looks Fn sexy with Optimus man I love it! The three LED's at the front really set it off too they have done a great job on it. It was worth the wait man :lol

:) :) glad you like it brother :hi5: Yea, the LEDs are a pretty cool addition which really help bring Roller to life :) thanks so much for the kind words :hi5:

That is pretty cool. It's the details like this that really help flesh out a collection and make it unique

Love your Roller, Andy!

And congrats on meeting The Man! I envy you -- I always miss out on him each time I visit a show!

Wow love the lights on Roller I don't any toy had this. Congrats Andy! :clap

Wow congrats Andy, shame though that a signature will rub off but at least u have pics to prove u met the man. ;)

Hey Stevo, thanks buddy :hi5: yea, roller is pretty cool. Will get some pics of him next to my Prime once I've had him colour coded :yess: yea, the Stan Lee experience was crazy...I'll never forget it, especially after he actually spoke to me :thud: which I'll go into more details when I explain the whole story. As for him signing my tattoo, well immediately after meeting him at the London Con, I went straight to my tattooist to discuss whether to have his signature in exactly the spot he signed it or to have it somewhere else but take pics of the signature and he'll replicate it for me. So we decided to have it moved to the top of my shoulder so that the signature doesn't interfere with any of the art work. He actually signed it over the part of my sleeve where I have Venom :lol

Wow! That Roller is :lol:hi5:
Congrats!!! A really nice addition and WELL DONE with the LED!!!

Thanks for the kind words Marc :hi5: not long for the Iron Man MKVII LSF buddy :rock

Very cool Andy Roller looks very awesome. But i hate to see that Optimus. Reminds me that i don't have it :lol

:lol :lol thanks Nick :hi5: wait until you see my Megatron :horror I personally prefer it over my Prime :thud:

Very nice my friend. Nice to see G1 stuff getting done, I remember when I was young not able to afford OP with trailer. Those were the days. Good days.

:lol :lol indeed they were the good old days Yoga :exactly I loved that Optimus Prime trailer :love

Roller looks great Andy, I think it really adds to the overall piece without making it too busy. :)

Grats on meeting Stan Lee :clap I had no idea you had a Marvel sleeve, time to see some pics man :hi5:

Thanks for the kind words Sean :duff yea, I actually finished the sleeve in February this year after starting it in February 2013...took a whole year and over 56 hours of work :horror :horror it's pretty special to me as it's truly a one of kind design incorporating both old school and modern art concepts of my favourite characters :) in total I managed to fit in 10 characters from the beginning of my wrist to the tops of my shoulder...hence why I wanted it certified by the Man himself, Stan Lee :rock will get some pics up soon my friend ;)

Thanks for the kind words Sean :duff yea, I actually finished the sleeve in February this year after starting it in February 2013...took a whole year and over 56 hours of work :horror :horror it's pretty special to me as it's truly a one of kind design incorporating both old school and modern art concepts of my favourite characters :) in total I managed to fit in 10 characters from the beginning of my wrist to the tops of my shoulder...hence why I wanted it certified by the Man himself, Stan Lee :rock will get some pics up soon my friend ;)

A whole year and 56 hours is a lot! That is sweet :hi5: Sounds like you put a ton of thought into it, that must have been something to have Stan Lee certify it. :woo I don't have any ink but that is definitely a cool concept. :rockLooking forward to the pics and story Andy :duff

A whole year and 56 hours is a lot! That is sweet :hi5: Sounds like you put a ton of thought into it, that must have been something to have Stan Lee certify it. :woo I don't have any ink but that is definitely a cool concept. :rockLooking forward to the pics and story Andy :duff

Thanks Sean, appreciate that buddy :hi5: Yea, the sleeve was something I'd been thinking about for a while and wanted something more colourful as my other full sleeve is based on the George Clooney 'From Dusk Till Dawn' tribal tattoo ;) Would you ever consider getting inked mate? If so, what would you really like to get done and why? :)

Just amazing as usual my friend Andy!

Thanks so much Adam :clap

Looks awesome dude. Nice little companion :)

Cheers Matt, he is indeed ;) glad you like it!

:google just awesome..great idea

Thanks bro :duff

Back