Rob Liefeld Statue Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love a Sideshow Liefeld line of comiquettes or PF's. They could kick it off w/one based from one of his most celebrated renderings, Cap:

Three sheets to the wind when you wrote this?
And with that Creature avatar I thought you had such good taste!

Seriously, Liefeld's arrival on the scene was such a sad, sad time in comics. I remember thinking:

"The plague is upon us...."

Please do not give SS any more bright ideas. As of late, I wouldn't put it past them to make such an ill-advised choice.

But, with the announcement of the Pt. III Jason PF and Rhino LSB I guess I can forgive and forget! :)

couldn't really get into his art, that added to the fact that almost nothing he started in his line of comics finished. A liefeld line would be an easy pas for me.

liefeld-cap.jpg

That picture is so wrong it hurts me. You should be banned for like six months for posting this abomination.

Terrible! I hated comics growing up because of the outrageously terrible art work and I was born in 1989!

I love the newer art that came out during the past 5-10 years and have been getting into comics more and more!

As much as I hate Liefeld's work, it'd be a real challenge for a sculptor to render his "stylized" proportions in three dimensions... I'd be interested to see how they'd turn out, actually!

unfortunately, nope. he has talent, its just that he got caught up in the big muscle, big gun, thousand ammo pouch hype of the 90's.

I think that's the least of his artistic shortcomings. He can't get proportions right, and he draws muscles that don't exist. Other than that, I kind of like his stuff. It reminds me of how I used to draw pen and inks when I was 16.

However, I hope SS doesn't do a Leifeld line, unless they pay the customers to accept them.

I think that's the least of his artistic shortcomings. He can't get proportions right, and he draws muscles that don't exist. Other than that, I kind of like his stuff. It reminds me of how I used to draw pen and inks when I was 16.

I know, i was going off of what i remember from when i was a kid. after i wrote in this thread i went back and looked at his art and realized i am a dummy. :slap

A line based of the art work of Mike Turner would be awesome, Joe Mad is also a big yes, J Scott Campbell would be even better ( as long as it does not look like the Emma Frost sucking a lemon), but a Rob Liefeld line??? The word no seems to short to truly convey the noness of my no.

For creating this thread, the original poster will be going to hell upon death.

Congratulations.

And remember, Hell is just like Rob's drawings...there are no feet.

Liefeld gets his start in the 90s drawing deformed women with pointy breasts, and coffee cup sized waists for a generation of male readers who had yet to see a real naked woman, sold tons of books and some how still manages to find work (successfully) to this day.

This is one of the damn funniest reads I have ever had:

https://progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html

Hehehe...women walked on their toes back in those comics days? Glad I just about totally missed that era.

Hey everyone....I have an idea! How bout Sideshow does a series of statues based on the art work of my 2 and half year old! :yess:

Last edited:
Liefeld, Silvestri, Lee... Most of the Image artists were cranking out crap as fast as the could put "Issue 1" on another cover.

Someone needs to lock Rob Liefeld in a room with Frank Cho until he learns to draw.

Why did everything that I collected back in the 90's have to suck? Be it comics, sports cards, or even some of the toys (I'm looking at you Star Trek TNG Kenner figures), everything was mass produced and has little to zero value today.

Sure it was fun collecting them, but I still like the stuff to hopefully retain some value.

Back