Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can finally play it on ps4! :yess: That cover is pretty hilarious though, even the light direction is the same.
And thanks for the comments guys.

Is Rise better than the 2013 reboot? Because between the dialogue/voice work ripped from 2005, ridiculous camera bob, sloppy narrative, uninspiring combat, and overall boring presentation, I'm hard pressed to invest more than the $10 I have in this franchise. It's not a -bad- game, just rather lifeless and dull. I feel like I'm playing Tomb Raider: Hunt for the Uncharted Knock Off

Is Rise better than the 2013 reboot? Because between the dialogue/voice work ripped from 2005, ridiculous camera bob, sloppy narrative, uninspiring combat, and overall boring presentation, I'm hard pressed to invest more than the $10 I have in this franchise. It's not a -bad- game, just rather lifeless and dull. I feel like I'm playing Tomb Raider: Hunt for the Uncharted Knock Off

It's a whole lot better. I didn't like 2013 much, but this one at certain times dropped my jaw. I haven't played Uncharted 4 (yet), so I couldn't compare it to that.

Lara is prettier. And quite human here. Biggest complaint: still no shorts.

I feel the exact opposite of everything you just said.

The 2013 game is excellent. It may not live up to the standards of some hard core gamers, but although I'll always prefer the original PS1 games over any of the newer versions, TR2013 is a very well made, fun game - with plenty of play value. I just finished it the other day (the main story) & there's still lots I haven't done in there yet.

I'm of course looking forward to owning the latest game at some stage, but I'm in no hurry. :)

What crap issues? Seemed pretty solid when I played it...!

Posted on 2/7/16

So I finally got around to playing this game and I don't know how may hours into it (3-4 days worth maybe) and I run into a glitch which Doesn't let a cut scene act out and then proceeds to freeze Lara a minute or so later after obtaining the grenade arrows. Wtf....I'm so pissed that I have waisted my time with this crap. Apparently there is no fix/patch for this part.

Looks like I'll be putting this off and waiting until the end of the year when it finally comes out for the PS4, which is should have done to begin with. Sigh..

I then did some research and found out this is a common occurrence in the game at this scene as well as a few others.

Sharing my custom Lara croft
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's a a toys Michelle Rodriguez head that didn't look like Michelle Rodriguez!

Look for it on onesixth.com. You'll need to style her hair

Decided to finally play this today and I'm 2 hours into the game. The graphics are jaw dropping and overall the game feels much better designed than the 2013 reboot. The story and acting is still rubbish and generic and the gameplay is still pretty much an Uncharted clone, albeit a good one.

So Lara is like 20 years old in this and is just slaughtering tons of mercenaries and legions of immortal soldiers. :lol

:lol

I'm still looking forward to playing this one, because I did enjoy the previous game.

It doesn't matter much anyway, because we've still got the old games to enjoy, although it'd be great to see a cleaned up version of Angel Of Darkness.

Back