Media Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can handle Tomb Raider being turned into a more 'Uncharted' type experience than most definitely...

Yeah, I'm fine with the character oriented revamp, in fact I like the idea, plus TR was the mother of the genre, so I can't really say it copied Uncharted.

It's just that at the time I was tired of that type of gameplay, with AC, Uncharted and TLOU sharing gameplay mechanics, didn't feel compelled to play TR.

It's a very enjoyable romp, but there is nothing terribly difficult about it. The tombs are easy and short. The platforming is very much Uncharted easy. It has a sixth sense mode like a lot of modern games which also makes things easier. What I did really like was the environments feel like a character in themselves. You really feel the environment when Lara is crawling and ducking in wet caverns with a flame torch to see.

Played the game on hard mode or whatnot; combat is challenging as heck at times, but I will agree that the tombs were easy. Fun, but easy! I say 'go for it' if anyone out there has yet to play

Yeah, I'm fine with the character oriented revamp, in fact I like the idea, plus TR was the mother of the genre, so I can't really say it copied Uncharted.

It's just that at the time I was tired of that type of gameplay, with AC, Uncharted and TLOU sharing gameplay mechanics, didn't feel compelled to play TR.

It would be a great game to get on your new sexy PS4, its currently one of the best looking games out.

Definite PO for this one. Loved playing the reboot and even the multiplayer was fun! And I don't usually play multiplayer either.

Anyone get motion sickness from the first game I had to play the last game in parts no longer then 20 minutes.

Anyone get motion sickness from the first game I had to play the last game in parts no longer then 20 minutes.

I did at first. But then I just turned down the camera/aim speed and it was all good after that. I had to do that for TLOU also.

anybody remember the pyramid pc box from back when pc game boxes were huge?
1996-tomb-raider-box-cover.jpg

hard to believe tomb raider is as old as it is. It was one of the first ever 3d games, I remember buying it for the pc right after Mario64 came out to console myself for not having a 64 console... <--ha, I make joke! Lost interest after the bazillionth game but the reboot made me fall for Lara all over again- great story, mechanics, and flow. Will definitely be buying the next

You are weird. Lol.

But honestly, loved the reboot. I'm really pumped for this! And yeah, if you have a PS4, you need Tomb Raider! Looks like a dream!

But I'm going to have to agree that the game was easy. Even on hard, there's really no challenge to be found at all. I really hope they implement some sort of Ninja Gaiden Master Ninja difficulty on this... In fact, every game made from now on should have some sort of punishable difficulty setting from those that like the challenge and extend the life of their games. That's what made Ninja Gaiden Black THE PERFECT GAME.

Question though, the lead actress (Lara) sounds different this time.... Don't tell me they switched that sexy British accent for an American one now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anybody remember the pyramid pc box from back when pc game boxes were huge?
View attachment 114606

hard to believe tomb raider is as old as it is. It was one of the first ever 3d games, I remember buying it for the pc right after Mario64 came out to console myself for not having a 64 console... <--ha, I make joke! Lost interest after the bazillionth game but the reboot made me fall for Lara all over again- great story, mechanics, and flow. Will definitely be buying the next

I have this on my iphone! Lol.

Plays well with the MiFi controller integration.

Can't wait to hear the storyline on this one. Ever since I saw "CROATOAN" in her journal for a split second at the end of the first, I hoped it had something to do with lost civilizations and the like.

Was never upset about the difficulty... I think I enjoyed it more for the adventure. When games are difficult, things around here get broken heh heh... but maybe thats just me

Yep. Took me a while to finish because of that reason, but the more I played the more I adapted to it and the motion sickness got less and less. I got it on PS4 when it came out and the motion sickness was even worse...possibly due to the faster frame rate. I felt sick and dizzy very quickly, and haven't touched it since, lol.

It seems like the older I get, the more sensitive I become to games, seeing as so many games give me motion sickness these days. Some more than others. First person shooters (or anything first person) are an instant write-off for me. Cannot play them without wanting to spew all over the place after 5 minutes, lol.

Was never upset about the difficulty... I think I enjoyed it more for the adventure. When games are difficult, things around here get broken heh heh... but maybe thats just me

And that's completely fine with me. But they should add a difficulty setting for the ones that love the abuse, you know? That way everyone is happy.

Yup, Xbox is doing everything they need to do to win the “system war". I can’t even be upset at them, thats just good business. SONY is going to have to have a great conference to offset this news.

Last edited:
...aaaaaaaand **** you, Crystal Dynamics. I loved the first game, but this makes me exceptionally happy that I never bought it. I could understand a timed exclusive, but this is just ridiculous. Sorry, Lara, I don't care enough about you to pay for an XBOX; particularly with the shaky history the console's already had factored in.

Back