RIP Ralph McQuarrie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel lucky to have been able to acquire the McVader Helmet when I did ... I'm even more appreciative that it included his signature, knowing how difficult it was for him to sign the plaques ... it shows in the waviness of his handwriting...

Yah and the older he got, the signature got shorter and shorter... R.M.Q. being towards the end of his years.

Good to see a sizable obit in the NYT today, including reproductions of a couple of his most famous SW paintings.

WOW, this is a huge loss for sure, but what a tremendous impact Ralph made on our lives. To think, if he hadn't done a few of those original pieces for George to use to pitch the project to 20th Century Fox, we might not be here talking about that 'Galaxy far, far away' right now.

His impact on art, science, technology, design, and film will be felt for centuries to come.

RIP RMQ. :monkey2

I ended up getting a signed Cloud City print a couple of hours after the sad news from Dreams and Visions. I was hoping to wait until C6 to pick out a print or two in person, but was afraid they would sell out of the signed prints before August.

we might not be here talking about that 'Galaxy far, far away' right now.

I wouldn't go that far he probably would have got another conceptual artist maybe like Moebius (who coincidently has passed away as well).

Back