RIP Ralph McQuarrie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The man's matte paintings were some of the most impressive ones I've ever seen, especially Bespin. All his concepts were fantastic and gave fans a chance to see different perspectives or versions of their favorite characters.

RIP

Ralph_McQuarrie_Star_Wars_IV_concept_art_Tusken_Raiders_1977.jpg

At 11 years old I went to see Star Wars (10 times).... Because of the art of this amazing talent RM...I became a professional artist.. today I'm 45 and RM's art will always be in my mind's eye... Thank you for that RM and have a joyous journey and rest...I'm sure your now in worlds even you could have never dreamed of ....:) RIP

Last edited:
"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."- Master Yoda

Rest in Peace, Ralph

RIP...I hope Sideshow can honor him by releasing some Star Wars figures or statues with his designs.

RIP Mr. McQuarrie, your art has inspired thousands, captured the imaginations of millions and created something that cannot be explained. Truly a sad day to lose a legend like this.

Star+Wars+Concept+Art+-+Ralph+McQuarrie.jpg

my favorite of RM for some reason.................:peace good sir

:lecture:exactly:

Couldn't have picked a better one Barry.

RIP to the master. Without you, there would be no Star Wars.

And here is another of my loves, which he was responsible for:

ralph_mcquarrie_1_s.jpg

Star+Wars+Concept+Art+-+Ralph+McQuarrie.jpg

my favorite of RM for some reason.................:peace good sir

That has been the background on my main screen for quite some time.

this is truly a sad day, his artwork reached so many people and had a great effect on so many peoples' childhoods.

Next drink is to Ralph's memory :duff

RIP Ralph...you will be missed. :(

This is and will always be one of my most treasured pieces. The world has lost a visionary artist.

img4047o.jpg

By jackbauer07 at 2012-02-2

JB

Back