RIP Ralph McQuarrie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star+Wars+Concept+Art+-+Ralph+McQuarrie.jpg

my favorite of RM for some reason.................:peace good sir

My favourite as well. RIP.

Sad Sad.... Great Visionary! Loved His Design & Concepts....

My Favorite Piece In My Collection Came From His Imagination :)

c49a486f.jpg

Rest in Peace, Ralph McQuarrie. Your unique vision inspired and amazed, transcended pop culture and forever changed the way we look up at the stars.

From the moment I was old enough to pick up a pencil, your art influenced the very way I saw the universe. You may have left this world, but your impact is eternal.

The Force is with us, always, thanks to you.

We have all lost another Master Artist in Ralph McQuarrie, his talents and works will be missed Greatly, Rest in Peace

The story may have been George's, but I feel most of the vision of the OT belongs to Ralph. Seeing his work at CV was awe-inspiring.

Yes Yes I wholeheartedly agree. SW will be his always! I'm happy I have some of his pieces of work!

That's some news that makes the heart heavy.

I wish I had the chance to thank him just for the countless hours I spent studying his paintings. He was the first illustrator I became a fan of.

I remember how glad Ralph was when eFX presented him the proto of the Vader helmet, and how happy was during the entire process of making that helmet, then he was enthusiastic to hear about this Stormtrooper helmet as well. He felt again young, his illness was defeated those days, because people were so interested not just in his previous work but also on his thought about future work. Artists care more about their work than their own lives.

I remember years ago when I helped his wife Joan with a traditional Romanian blouse very similar with the one wore by Marion in Indiana Jones. Both of them were so graceful, all the messages were friendly, and everyone knows he still signed stuff for free until recently - which is not the case with many other artists or celebrities. Ralph was different, he respected everyone, and he enjoyed seeing people writing to him. He shared small parts of his life with other people, because he loved everyone.

A few glimpses of Ralph McQuarrie the man:

autographralphmcquarrie.jpg

Ralph was a great man and a great artist. I feel honored to have met him however briefly. I own this piece of art signed by him and it's hanging in my bedroom:

423013_10150597848562087_510452086_9264145_719049693_n.jpg

I still have this piece from Star Wars Celebration to get framed..
tumblr_l5oumcx4XG1qc823io1_500.jpg

His work is cemented in pop culture and inc the hearts of minds of an entire generation. We should all be so lucky to leave that kind of lasting legacy. We were all lucky to have his finger print in the SW mythos.

:bow

Ralph was a great man and a great artist. I feel honored to have met him however briefly.

Everyone I've ever heard who's met him could not have enough nice things to say about him. His amount of talent and vision, combined with his humility and heart made for a truly unique person.

Growing up just looking at his pictures in books, the look and feeling of his art is a big part of my childhood and beyond. Part of the SW universe, but completely separate and distinct from all of the movie-specific paraphernalia.

I remember how glad Ralph was when eFX presented him the proto of the Vader helmet, and how happy was during the entire process of making that helmet, then he was enthusiastic to hear about this Stormtrooper helmet as well. He felt again young, his illness was defeated those days, because people were so interested not just in his previous work but also on his thought about future work. Artists care more about their work than their own lives.

I remember years ago when I helped his wife Joan with a traditional Romanian blouse very similar with the one wore by Marion in Indiana Jones. Both of them were so graceful, all the messages were friendly, and everyone knows he still signed stuff for free until recently - which is not the case with many other artists or celebrities. Ralph was different, he respected everyone, and he enjoyed seeing people writing to him. He shared small parts of his life with other people, because he loved everyone.

A few glimpses of Ralph McQuarrie the man:

In an age dominated by electronic correspondence, what a treasure it is to receive a personally hand-written note from one of the greatest artists of our time, a human being of such notable humility and simultaneously great stature...

Back