RIP Peter Mayhew

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Peter in Dublin in 2015, he was so nice. I remember his hands engulfed mine when we shook. Chewie will always be one of my favourite characters. RIP Peter.
b51b942b6721fea99640a81f9744352e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Posted in the other forum, but belongs here as well...
2eb70a8f235a322fcb12c14de9816e2c.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That hit me right in the feels.

I'm not ashamed to say I teared up a little bit at the news today. RIP Chewie.

He was sick for a while the last few years but still didnt expect it. RIP Peter, your legacy lives on.

Empire came out when I was 4 and I still remember seeing it with mom, falling asleep in the theater, and going to toys r us after to get a toy. I got to pick 2 figures and Chewie and bossk were my first sw toys, so he has always had a special place in my heart. Met him years ago and he was so gracious and wonderful to the fans. He truly loved Star Wars and always waved the flag. Rest In Peace...

I met both Mayhew and Baker twice , didnt care for their sour attitudes (Baker even lectured me cuz I "dared" to suggest where to sign)

Goffe was nice though , Prowse is okay

Chewbacca has always been my fav character.
when I heard the news yesterday morning at work,I teared up.
People were asking if I was ok.
The passing of Peter had more of an effect on me.
I had met him a few times,he came out to Sydney for the Men behind the Mask tour,seen him at a few of the Celebrations and at Supanova.
The man was a true gentleman.
R.I.P Peter Mayhew.
you are missed.

R.I.P. Chewie. You've been an amazing part of my life and you will be forever missed! We will rest easy knowing that you will be protecting our beloved Princess and favorite astromech droid in a galaxy far far away.

Some people might say that people are put in a suit because they are not strong actors. That was'nt the case here. Peter breathed so much life and expression into his i often forgot it was one.
Hope he's at peace now, a legend of the screen imo

I'm more a fan of the character Chewbacca than the man behind him : separating the art from the artist.

Back