Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

But, isn't there only one "centerpiece" possible? How can one have multiple centerpieces? Is the center not merely one piece? Are we talkin' multiple concentric circles of displays?

:goodpost: There can be only one!

highlander.jpg

Total wrong scale on the Dark Rider, must be smaller or the horse has to be bigger.... I am sorry but the RWOS still better, I just saved 799 :)

Josh, your opinion doesn't count. You like everything that sideshow and weta makes..so every piece in ur collection is a centerpiece to you.

:monkey3

Yeah, I have a few pieces especially lotr pieces that I'd call center pieces, and I know I've owned a few past lotr pieces I'd call the same. Now, that will differ from person to person.

Yeah pose of the horse looks awkward to me. What's up with Sideshow and poses :x

Glad to hear a chime in from and expert.

Oh well......

Just speculating, but I suspect this actually all comes down to physics/gravity. If the horse was in a more natural stance there would be a 'LOT' of weight going through those back legs at a less than ideal angle - likely more prone to break

Just speculating, but I suspect this actually all comes down to physics/gravity. If the horse was in a more natural stance there would be a 'LOT' of weight going through those back legs at a less than ideal angle - likely more prone to break

Exactly what I thought when I first saw this piece.

I really hope this prompts a new wave of lotr PFs now *cough* Boromir and Gimli *cough*

But, isn't there only one "centerpiece" possible? How can one have multiple centerpieces? Is the center not merely one piece? Are we talkin' multiple concentric circles of displays?

Not necessarily. I think if you find it impressive enough it could be a centerpiece of your collection. At one time my collection from the old SSW line included the Sauron, Oroginal Balrog, Cave Troll, RWOS, and TWKTF. All grails of that line and all of them could be considered centerpieces.

Josh, your opinion doesn't count. You like everything that sideshow and weta makes..so every piece in ur collection is a centerpiece to you.

:monkey3

Just means I have good tastes. :nana:

Last edited:

"Centerpiece" does refer to one thing. A centerpiece of a collection would by definition be one collectible. A centerpiece of a home or room however could be a group of things. "The centerpiece to Josh's basement is the shelf of LOTR PF's," or something to that effect. ;)

whats everyone arguing about center peice, everyones center peice is going to differ to whatever statue is there favouraite, your not going to put something as the centerpeice if you dont like it and just cause everyone else has ... forgetttttt it

"Centerpiece" does refer to one thing. A centerpiece of a collection would by definition be one collectible. A centerpiece of a home or room however could be a group of things. "The centerpiece to Josh's basement is the shelf of LOTR PF's," or something to that effect. ;)

Yes, I realize the exact definition of the word. I was talking about your second definition. Hence your example but I don't really collect pf's I'm more of a statue guy. :nana:

Oh man this is nice. Now which one to get Ringwraith, 3PO and R2 or Hulk? I would imagine these three will each be around the $800 price tag, and I told myself I will only get one of the big 3. :dunno

It's mixed media, usually means real cloth garments, possibly metal pieces.

I doubt real metal, else the price would have been more? I am gonna hold off ordering the reg till I see early pics from sdcc, and then see it myself. The rider does have me questioning.

I like it, but unfortunately it's going to be too tall for my display case. GTG PF just fits because of the height of the staff. Will likely have to pass on this. Also, if I'm going to spend $800 on a piece, I'll buy the Alien Big Chap maquette first. I don't yet have an Alien piece in my collection.

I am looking forward to seeing pics of this at SDCC though. I guess Sideshow will have this on display.

Anyone else think that the Dark Rider would look pretty cool in Sideshow Freaks Banner? (whenever it gets updated) After the years of anticipation, it sure as hell deserves it.

Last edited:

Man, this thing is stunning! I am mad I am only about to start getting into this line. Time to break the bank and catch up, lol.

Back