Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

this PF is hugeeeee just look at the size comparison picture with the apple.... if thats a adult apple and not a baby one then this is hugeeeeee and shipping is going to be very dear and box is going to be hugeeee same as predator maquette i think!!

I wanted to like this, but the Ringwraith almost looks bored and nonchalance on the rearing up horse. The pose of the rider just doesn't flow with the pose of the horse. Had the horse been on in a trotting or standing pose, it would have been epic. But the rearing up look, while awesome for the horse, doesn't work with the rider IMO.

I wanted to like this, but the Ringwraith almost looks bored and nonchalance on the rearing up horse. The pose of the rider just doesn't flow with the pose of the horse. Had the horse been on in a trotting or standing pose, it would have been epic. But the rearing up look, while awesome for the horse, doesn't work with the rider IMO.

I Agree that the horse in a trotting pose would have been epic with the rider reaching out, but i like the current pose also but now you implanted the trotting idea in my head that would have been epicccc too

Honestly, this pose very much fits the ringwraith as much as the SSW statue did. He looks very menacing reaching out for you on a horse who is rearing up.

Not sure if SS can correct the pose with this one. They did the same thing with the Morgul Lord in his contorted stance. With this PF, the horse doesn't know whether to sit or stand on his hind legs (note how the tail is bent in), and the rider doesn't know to be in counterbalance to his horse. With the EX offer, he's using his left arm for the sword, BUT, the scabbard is also on his left side. Last I checked scabbards need to be opposite from the hand you pull with.

Still, I may need to order it, just for the completist in me.

Honestly, this pose very much fits the ringwraith as much as the SSW statue did. He looks very menacing reaching out for you on a horse who is rearing up.

I still like the idea, I just feel the execution of the pose didn't work. The rider's body shouldn't be in same pose as he would be when the horse is standing normally. He should be leaning back (or perhaps forward) or something to counter act the horse rearing up, and potentially bucking him off he is isn't doing anything about it. This may be one of those pieces that looks better and makes more sense in person than in pics.

This thing is beautiful!! Price is a lil steep (but fair) for my wallet but I'm gonna make it work with payment plans! Looking forward to owning this one!

I still like the idea, I just feel the execution of the pose didn't work. The rider's body shouldn't be in same pose as he would be when the horse is standing normally. He should be leaning back (or perhaps forward) or something to counter act the horse rearing up, and potentially bucking him off he is isn't doing anything about it. This may be one of those pieces that looks better and makes more sense in person than in pics.

He is leaning sorta forward and to the side

darkRiderOfMordorPF-09.jpg

darkRiderOfMordorPF-06.jpg

The shade of black is off by 3 percent. Total fail from sideshow. Can't they do anything right? :monkey1

Meanwhile in Syria 100s of innocent people are killed..but damn sideshow for not getting this fictional horse and rider correct.

Last edited:

That's cool. I'm the opposite it works for the Ringwraiths. I get that it might not work in the real world with real people but with the Ringwraiths and how they are in Middle-Earth it does. Though, he is leaning a bit forward.

When a horse rears, you lean forward, otherwise your momentum will have you falling off the backend. He's leaning forward.

Also about the rear hooves position, I googled rearing horses and found them in all sorts of positions, depending on just when the picture was taken.

I just hope there's no cracking of the legs with this.

Those smileys are the wrong color. Should be yellow. Total fail and easy pass.

Back