Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

Those are many smiley faces. :monkey4
I've seen more. :monkey1
Those smileys are the wrong color. Should be yellow. Total fail and easy pass.
FacepalmGroup_Weird_Science_.gif

:lol Satisfied?

I gotta admit I am gettin' a little giddy about this piece. I was hoping they'd pull it off this well. I see nothing wrong with the pose at all and I personally love the EX. To me, it appears as if he's pointing down ominously and threateningly toward an enemy on the ground before running them through with his tainted blade. Granted I dig the reg pointy hand also, and will be pullin' the ol' switcheroo when I get a wild hair up my ass. The horse does appear to be slightly too small, but it doesn't bother me much at all.

My wife wants this big time. She's not a Sideshow collector but she sure is a huge Tolkien fan. When she saw this she said "get it..get it..if you can buy all that Marvel ____ you can get this for me".

Regarding the size of the Horse, I think the problem may not be the actual size of the horse but the "rider" per say...

In the movies, the Ringwraith's actors in full garb stood about 7ft 3-ish, but the riders used for the horseback scenes were not only shorter actors but did not have the hollow-head&shoulder-riser getup on (for obvious safety reasons). So you have a disparity from a 5' '6" "rider" to a 7' 3" "standing" wraith. :lecture

So, it looks like sideshow went with a "normal" sized horse. (Dont recall if the steeds were any larger than a typical horse in the books or not... :dunno ), and a "standing-scale" wraith. Hence the slightly "pony-ish" look of the horse. But its technically not wrong....

I still think it looks good regardless if they change it or not. :)

The thing is that horses of Rohan (even regular horses) were supposed to be "special" in a way. They're the horse lords of Middle-Earth while regular as I said they're not "regular". Then you factor in they were taken to Mordor that's why the imagery comes off as it does and IMO is pulled off in both the SSW statue and this.

The extra robe hanging down is not helping everyone's perspective and it's making the horse seem small in comparison. I think the rider and horse are just fine.

lol @ the horse size debate. next thing will be a debate about horse parts. prolly not gonna stick around for that one : P

Just speculating, but I suspect this actually all comes down to physics/gravity. If the horse was in a more natural stance there would be a 'LOT' of weight going through those back legs at a less than ideal angle - likely more prone to break

sweet the ole -GMm/r^2 wins again! damn you gravity for making the horse look strange!

"Centerpiece" does refer to one thing. A centerpiece of a collection would by definition be one collectible. A centerpiece of a home or room however could be a group of things. "The centerpiece to Josh's basement is the shelf of LOTR PF's," or something to that effect. ;)

Agreed, if you have several pieces you consider them being highlights, you probably don't HAVE a centerpiece.

Now back to the horse size debate......

Back