Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

i am more concerned about quality/sculpt than anything else, even though i still think some of you guys are crazy with your price predictions, how many premium format you know that retailed above $500?

i got my rider arod/legolas last week and this one is very nice and highly detailed with excellent paint. it just amazes me how two statues (shadowfax vs arod) of equal value, style and scale can be so drastically different in term of quality and paint.

i am more concerned about quality/sculpt than anything else, even though i still think some of you guys are crazy with your price predictions, how many premium format you know that retailed above $500?

i got my rider arod/legolas last week and this one is very nice and highly detailed with excellent paint. it just amazes me how two statues (shadowfax vs arod) of equal value, style and scale can be so drastically different in term of quality and paint.

Maybe you just got a bad paintjob :dunno Or yours is a recast! Honestly, i've never heard anyone complain about their Gandalfax statue before. Personally i think the likeness is off but otherwise the paint and detailing is top notch.

Maybe you just got a bad paintjob :dunno Or yours is a recast! Honestly, i've never heard anyone complain about their Gandalfax statue before. Personally i think the likeness is off but otherwise the paint and detailing is top notch.

Noone is going to recast a $180 statue :p i got two, first one was broken during shipping, and i bought a second one.

Anyway lets hope this turns out to be good, premium format usually mains higher quality.

So . . .a PF of the horse . . .you think he'd be sporting leather and metal gear then?? I mean, it is a PF after all . . .which means mixed media. You think the wraith will have a full set of armor neath the robes?

i hope the exclusive have a switchout hand where he's holding the sword up in the air or something cool.

So . . .a PF of the horse . . .you think he'd be sporting leather and metal gear then?? I mean, it is a PF after all . . .which means mixed media. You think the wraith will have a full set of armor neath the robes?

I would guess that the saddle and most of the horse's "gear" will be sculpted. I would personally prefer more mixed media, too, but knowing Sideshow, they'll probably lean more toward sculpting. However, I'll bet the reins will be leather. (I hope, anyway.)

As for the wraith, like the Morgul Lord, I'm thinking the arms and legs will have sculpted armor, but not the torso.

Those are my guesses, anyway! :)

It may be overly ambitious on my part, but once Sideshow offers this, I will be drawing up plans to build my own display, with this as the centerpiece. I am hoping to make a modified bookcase that I found on this old house that better fits the PF figures, such as the Uruk Berserker or the Ringwraith.

Mistress of the Web hinting that this may be coming our way today??

Back