Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

I must agree. This years SDCC was pretty crappy for LOTR collectors. I was REALLY hoping to see the RWOS. That is the piece I was most hoping to see. We had already had sneaks of both Arwen and Boromir so in the end the only really new thing was the Troll and that isn't even from the movies. I guess LOTR just isn't a popular enough franchies at the moment.

Looks like they were actively pushing their maquette line in lieu of their PF line. Once they finish up most of the smaller maquettes, and get people to buy them the larger PF line will probably pick up steam again. They know most people don't have unlimited funds so they are trying to siphon that into the maquette line for now, and the PF line later so they can get the most money out of the characters. If people have a huge awesome PF they are going to buy, they may choose that instead of a smaller scale maquette.

Dont get me wrong this years SDCC has been great (if your a fan of more than LOTR) but for said fans its been rubbish,simple as

I'll patiently wait for this pf rather than going into the maquette line if it comes down to that.

Ringwraith on Steed and Sauron PF's are a must buy. Right now the only LOTR PF's I have are Berzerker and Gandalf.

Those 2 and Lurtz are the best so far imo, good choices.

Yep, couldn't agree more fuzzylojiks :hi5:...if I were to restrict your PF collection, then those 3 would be the ones I would choose too...thankfully at this point I am happy to say, I have all the PFs SS has produced :yess: with the Black Orc on order :yess:...so I am judging from in-hand and not just pics...bring on the Ringwraith on Steed! :clap :impatient:

:duff
Bill

Yep, couldn't agree more fuzzylojiks :hi5:...if I were to restrict your PF collection, then those 3 would be the ones I would choose too...thankfully at this point I am happy to say, I have all the PFs SS has produced :yess: with the Black Orc on order :yess:...so I am judging from in-hand and not just pics...bring on the Ringwraith on Steed! :clap :impatient:

:duff
Bill

LOTR PFs FTW! :hi5: All the PFs should look great together bill all lined up together in huge 1/4 scale goodness! :yess:

img0713y.jpg

source

Thanks Masterside! That looks pretty dynamic while still keeping a smaller footprint for shelf space. I hope I can afford this one!

It looks a little small to be a 1/4 scale. Unless the reference pics of the horses are very large.
I like the looks of this so far. I wonder if this is a SS piece.

This looks like it was taken from the back of the Spooktacular calendar. I have yet to see this in person, but I could certainly see how this would be a possible LOTR horse awaiting a rider. The scale could be for the maquette or the Premium Format line as it is hard to gauge, but I think the other sneak peek we have seen of the steed had a different look to the portrait. I will see if I can dig up the little thumbnail of the horse head, and try to post the two side by side!

I have the two pictures attached here, and the Black and White steed portrait looks different, but it could also have come from a much later time in the production process. Who knows! I just want to see when I might have to sell my kidney!

Yup, this is definitely from the back pages of the new 2012 Sideshow calendar. Got my Spook kit last night. :lecture

I wonder about the scale, too. It doesn't look quite big enough to be 1/4. Plus, I would think, if this was a RW horse, you'd think they would have sculpted on the saddle and all the strapping. (I'm sure there's a name for it, but I'm not a horse person. Apologies!)

Here's a crazy idea ... could this possibly be a Shadowfax maquette?

It's got to be LOTR, though, right? I can't think of any other license they have that involves horses ...

Unless they got a license for Spielberg's upcoming Warhorse. :huh

I'm about as sure in my mind as it's possible to be without having any actual proof that that's not the RWOS PF. It's just not the same neck angle or position at all (and the neck angle/positon on a horse determines how the rest of the body will be positioned). From the thumbnail of the confirmed RWOS, it seems highly likely that the piece will have the horse rearing up onto it's hind legs (either totally or partially), whereas the horse in that new picture just looks like the sort of strange, over-dynamic pose you see in bad fantasy art (as much as I hate to say it, it's a very unnatural-looking sculpt, anatomically). At this point, I'd totally agree that it was more likely to be Shadowfax, considering both the above and also the clearly visible flowing mane (I know it's an early stage sculpt, but why would they bother sculpting the mane that way, just to totally remove it later on?) :dunno

The more I look at that picture, the more I'm thinking it can't be a RW steed. Akallabeth makes a great point about the mane ... why waste time sculpting it? All the RW steeds have theirs covered I believe. Also, this horse isn't wearing a chamfron (helmet) either ... which unfortunately would seem to rule out any of the Rohan steeds. :(

Other than Shadowfax, I don't know who else it could be. Maybe Brego? All the other horses are geared up in the films.

(That's assuming this IS an LOTR statue, of course.)

Then again, given how "dramatic" the poses have been for some of the maquette line, for all I know this could be Bill the Pony! :lol:rotfl:lol

I think this could be the scene where the wraight pulls the reins on the wooden quay just after Frodo jumped into the boat...

Back