Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

I won't argue about the whining, but I think the "whining" throughout this hobby about likenesses, costuming and such are just a tribute to how much the characters are respected.

It does get carried away at times and goes to the juvenile level fairly quickly.

Well I certainly can't argue with those points.....:lecture

Last edited:

I'm a bit disappointed that the Ringwraith wasn't shown but at the same time with all the awesome stuff that's been revealed and that I want to order I'm also a bit relieved. Gives me a break.

According to silentsurfer he saw the RWOS at SS's headquarters about a week and a half ago. He said it looked amazing....he also said it was in sections. :(

It still maybe ready for the show. 1/5 weeks is plenty of time LOL. Lets hope so anyway.

It still maybe ready for the show. 1/5 weeks is plenty of time LOL. Lets hope so anyway.

Yeah, you'ld think 10 days would be plenty of time, but I imagine it's an understatement to say things are pretty hectic at SS in the weeks leading up to SDCC.

Well that was disappointing. No LoTR PF love.

True, I was hoping to see some things as well...but with the knowledge that RWOS on Steed and Saruman are both in progress for the PF line...and Sauron for the new 'Legendary Scale' line, we have some great baddies to look forward to soon! :hi5:

True, I was hoping to see some things as well...but with the knowledge that RWOS on Steed and Saruman are both in progress for the PF line...and Sauron for the new 'Legendary Scale' line, we have some great baddies to look forward to soon! :hi5:

I'm going to reserve my disappointment until after the 25th.

Indeed, bad news for LOTR PF collectors, not one new announcement or preview !

With the announcement of the Legendary Scale Line, I wonder if they wanted to downplay the Premium Format presence for this year, and let this line be the standout at the show. They have most of the big licenses represented in the new line, and it could present some confusion for the casual convention fan.

Hopefully we'll see some news soon, but my wallet is thankful that Boromir was the only pre-order this year.

With the announcement of the Legendary Scale Line, I wonder if they wanted to downplay the Premium Format presence for this year, and let this line be the standout at the show. They have most of the big licenses represented in the new line, and it could present some confusion for the casual convention fan.

Hopefully we'll see some news soon, but my wallet is thankful that Boromir was the only pre-order this year.

You know, I don't have a problem with Boromir being the only LOTR pre-order as I've ordered several other items from different licences as well, but I am really disappointed with the idea there won't be a LOTR video containing some sneak peeks of future maquettes and PF's like last year. SS's already said some of the conceptual designs for future maquettes such as Faramir and Eomer have been completed...so why not at least share those with us? :(

Sideshow has a video posted today/yesterday that showcases upcoming Premium Formats across several licenses, and the only shot for Lord of the Rings in the whole thing was Gollum. No premium format news at all?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=895

Bummer.:(

Yeah, I just saw that. Another video featuring Marvel and Star Wars [what a shocker! :lol] with a little Predator and G.I. Joe thrown in for good measure. The Dutch PF looks amazing and I will be more than happy to add it to my collection, no LOTR......again. :(

This had been the worst SDCC on record for PF LoTR Collectors. Not even a bloody video. Shocking really.

This had been the worst SDCC on record for PF LoTR Collectors. Not even a bloody video. Shocking really.

Yup. For LOTR PF collectors this year's show was a complete disaster. :lecture

A real shame what they echo the Premium Format line in this Comic Con Sideshow lords, not only have not shown the Mordor Orc or Gollum at the fair, that does not even have offered no new sketch of the Premium Format line or maquette, which way to laugh at the collector of the Lord of the Rings.

Yup. For LOTR PF collectors this year's show was a complete disaster. :lecture

You do not know what significate a disaster! Stop complaining!

Sideshow communicate forever! Have you seen the communication of the manufacturer Attakus? They have not communicated with collectors for over 2 years on the following achievements of Star Wars! They start to communicate with collectors in recent months.

I know it's long to wait, but patience!

You do not know what significate a disaster! Stop complaining!

Sideshow communicate forever! Have you seen the communication of the manufacturer Attakus? They have not communicated with collectors for over 2 years on the following achievements of Star Wars! They start to communicate with collectors in recent months.

I know it's long to wait, but patience!

And you do not know that I couldn't care less what Attakus does....I'm only interested in what SS does, and in relation to the LOTR PF line they did NOTHING. No pre-orders, no previews, no sneak peeks, no news, and not a single PF even displayed at the show. Now you can call that whatever you want, and I'll call it what it is....or would you feel better if I refer to it as the worst case scenario LOTR PF collectors could have possibly hoped for? :lol

Last edited:
Back