Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

I guess now we just have to be patient. It sounds like it won't be anything on display at the show, but one of their promotional pieces that they air during this time to whip us all into a frenzy.

The Boromir maquette is a great preorder, and the other maquette previews are nice, but I hope that we still get some PF news, and the news relates to the title of this thread!

Agreed. I can't complain about about what we've seen so far, but some news concerning the RWOS PF or future maquettes would really upgrade this year's event in my eyes.....even if the RWOS PF isn't quite ready yet.

Seems like the rough rule of thumb for the Legendary Scale line is whatever scale gets the statue to about three feet tall. :lol

The pieces all seem to be about the same size, regardless of the scale. Which is why I was wondering if maybe the RWoS could be lumped into that line as well ... especially if the horse is rearing up ...? Maybe it ends up close to three feet ...?

Just thinking out loud.

(I gotta say, though ... if the RWoS or Sauron get priced at or around $1,600 -- like the Avatar statue -- I might have to bow out. :()

Then please stop thinking out loud. Based on the prices of Neytiryi, IM, and the Terminator Endoskeleton the last thing we need is for Sauron and the RWOS to be categorized as LSF's. :lecture

Then please stop thinking out loud. Based on the prices of Neytiryi, IM, and the Terminator Endoskeleton the last thing we need is for Sauron and the RWOS to be categorized as LSF's. :lecture

Oh, believe me! I don't WANT it them to be! :horror

EDIT: But it just seems like they are already thinking along those lines. After all, that might explain why Sideshow has been a little cagey about Sauron's exact scale.

I think Bucky is right,if i remember correctly in SS Q&A they were hesitant to put Sauron in the PF line,stating he would be around that scale,which sounds like this new LSF line to me.

But in the end it doesnt matter because bigger means more expensive!,take the Aliens 1/4 maquette that is fully sculpted at $800,you can probably double that i fear

So I was just looking at Sideshow's SDCC booth map, and I didn't see the RWOS (or Sauron). Is it possible these won't be revealed during the con, or are they just holding back?

So I was just looking at Sideshow's SDCC booth map, and I didn't see the RWOS (or Sauron). Is it possible these won't be revealed during the con, or are they just holding back?

There's not a chance we will see Sauron as both he and Saruman are scheduled for 2012. As for the RWOS......ask us again on the 25th.

There's not a chance we will see Sauron as both he and Saruman are scheduled for 2012. As for the RWOS......ask us again on the 25th.

So SDCC could be kind of light on LOTR then? Obviously they will have the maquette line in full force, but I think all has already been revealed in this line to this point.

I may be a bit jealous of Star Wars considering how much is being released there! (Although I do collect SW too, so figure that one out :cuckoo:)

So SDCC could be kind of light on LOTR then? Obviously they will have the maquette line in full force, but I think all has already been revealed in this line to this point.

I may be a bit jealous of Star Wars considering how much is being released there! (Although I do collect SW too, so figure that one out :cuckoo:)

That's simply par for the course. Marvel and SW are the big boys and it's been like that for a long time, and that doesn't bother me. The incessant whining and crying by collectors of those two lines know matter how many new pre-orders they get.....that's another story altogether. :monkey3 :lol

Outside of the Boromir pre-order and the previews of Arwen and the Snow Troll that might be it for us, although alot of us are at least hoping for a LOTR video highlighting the next wave of maquettes and perhaps and glimpse of the next PF or two. :pray:

That's simply par for the course. Marvel and SW are the big boys and it's been like that for a long time, and that doesn't bother me. The incessant whining and crying by collectors of those two lines know matter how many new pre-orders they get.....that's another story altogether. :monkey3 :lol

Outside of the Boromir pre-order and the previews of Arwen and the Snow Troll that might be it for us, although alot of us are at least hoping for a LOTR video highlighting the next wave of maquettes and perhaps and glimpse of the next PF or two. :pray:

SW people complain over their lack of product?? Clearly I don't read those threads. Haven't they made like the cantina band members wives and every Darth under the sun?

SW people complain over their lack of product?? Clearly I don't read those threads. Haven't they made like the cantina band members wives and every Darth under the sun?

Well you know, no collection is complete without a Vader kneeling, a Vader standing, a Vader walking, a Vader running, a Vader pondering the meaning of life, a Vader...well, I think you get the idea...

It's not a question of when do SW collectors complain, it's a question of when aren't they complaining.....:lol

I don't expect more preorders or official announcements, but I'd definitely like to see a few more work in progress shots or sketches.

I'd be very disappointed if there is no new LoTR PF shown. They must have the RoS finished at this stage.

I'd be very disappointed if there is no new LoTR PF shown. They must have the RoS finished at this stage.

According to silentsurfer he saw the RWOS at SS's headquarters about a week and a half ago. He said it looked amazing....he also said it was in sections. :(

I have to resent that -can't I collect SW, LOTR, not whine and be grateful for the amount of product there is to choose from? :dunno

I have to resent that -can't I collect SW, LOTR, not whine and be grateful for the amount of product there is to choose from? :dunno

Of course you can, but in the world of SW I believe you're what they call 'a rarity'. :wink1: :lol

Of course you can, but in the world of SW I believe you're what they call 'a rarity'. :wink1: :lol

I won't argue about the whining, but I think the "whining" throughout this hobby about likenesses, costuming and such are just a tribute to how much the characters are respected.

It does get carried away at times and goes to the juvenile level fairly quickly.

Back