Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith PF?

Any chance the Ringwraith p.f. is a Morgul Lord Witch King p.f. ?

Highly doubt it, there seems to be a FOTR motif with the PF's at the moment. I'm sure we'll get a generic Ringwraith, possibly with switchout swords to make it either the WK or the other 8.

I hope that the hood or 'cowl' can be replaced with the helmed version as an exclusive so we do indeed get the Witch King. That and a switch out hand holding a flaming sword would be great as a companion to GTW, though Wiki was on the back of a Fell Beast when that particular confrontation occured :eek:

I hope that the hood or 'cowl' can be replaced with the helmed version as an exclusive so we do indeed get the Witch King. That and a switch out hand holding a flaming sword would be great as a companion to GTW, though Wiki was on the back of a Fell Beast when that particular confrontation occured :eek:

Still wouldn't work, Armored WK has large shoulder armor and a few other differences than just a mask I'm afraid.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they cut a few corners to give us the WK with Helm as an exclusive.

Personally, I would mind. I mean, it would make the figure majorly inaccurate AND limit a very popular character so only a handful could have him. Exclusives should be cool little extras that aren't critical, not must-have differences. They made that mistake with Lurtz, where the scene it was recreating aka him walking with the BOW was somehow the exclusive.

Calling it right now, the Ringwraith exclusive is either a WK switch out sword, or a Morgul Knife switchout hand.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they cut a few corners to give us the WK with Helm as an exclusive.

Me either. I know it's un-ringer like but let's face it , the only substantial difference is the helmet. Yes, he has the extra armor but I can see pat that. It would be so cool to get the witchking and a regular ringwraith in one fell swoop. I would have to order both a regular and exclusive. :banana

Put it this way. Do we see SS doing both a RW and the WK as seperate PFs? :dunno

I would hope so. There are simply too many differences in the costuming for SS to create a Ringwraith/ML hybrid PF. Besides, economically this would make no sense to SS. Why create one PF when you can create two, and double your profits? And no doubt, both a Ringwraith and ML PF would sell extremely well.

IMO Morgul Lord WK is arguably the most prominent villain in the trilogy, he's gonna be more than just a 300 pc exclusive head. Having a lazy swap head with a normal Ringwraith would be the blasphemous equivalent of Gandalf the White having a swapout Saruman head. Its lazy, tasteless and pointless, and would never, EVER happen...lol

I could see Sideshow easily making the regular ringwraith without the Morgul Lord armor relatively soon, but I wonder which sword he would have, as the Witchking has a much larger sword. I would also think that a twilight Ringwraith is more than likely in the relatively near future.

The Morgul Lord armor would be something I would love to have as a PF too, but I would rather have the regular wraith first.

The best of all possible situations to avoid duplicate poses and styles would be the non-specific ringwraith on the horse, a twilight ringwraith (hopefully a different portrait than we have seen in the SSW line or LSB line) and the Morgul Lord with his flail and sword!:naughty

I could see Sideshow easily making the regular ringwraith without the Morgul Lord armor relatively soon, but I wonder which sword he would have, as the Witchking has a much larger sword. I would also think that a twilight Ringwraith is more than likely in the relatively near future.

The Morgul Lord armor would be something I would love to have as a PF too, but I would rather have the regular wraith first.

The best of all possible situations to avoid duplicate poses and styles would be the non-specific ringwraith on the horse, a twilight ringwraith (hopefully a different portrait than we have seen in the SSW line or LSB line) and the Morgul Lord with his flail and sword!:naughty

:fireworks Best post ever! :fireworks

witchking.jpg

edit I thought this was the next PF thread :lol

Last edited:

This could be an idea for an excl. The reg. edition with the sword of the Ringwraiths. The excl. version with that and the sword of the witch king...both of course, made of metal.

It is a little nitpicky, but the Witchking has a much nastier sword. I would guess they can continue the alternate hand route too, with a swap out hand holding the Morgul Dagger thing.

Take this with a grain of salt but I was talking w someone at SS about the Zerker PF and mentioned how the lack of cloth allowed them to do some amazing things with the sculpt.

I said something like, "I think a Morgul Lord version of the RW PF is the way SS will go because it may be difficult to have anything really dynamic if all you have to work with is black cloth." The reply I got was, "Exactly, the mixed media really allows for some stunning creativity."

Again, take that as speculation because it was not confirmation of anything but it does make sense if you look at the PF line. It would be tough to just have black cloth.

As cool as the ML was, I prefer the FoTR RW much more.....I guess only time will tell.

Back