Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith PF?

:lecture :lecture :lecture.

I hear ya Skutto. By comparison, I got the Count Dooku PF from Jason at Most Wanted Collectibles for $254. He's shipping USPS Priority and it's only $40 to ship to Canada. That's a WHOLE NEW PF for under $300. Where it costs me between $450 and $500 for a Sideshow EXCLUSIVE PF shipped directly from SS with shipping and import taxes/duties.

They really need to find a way to make this collecting hobby easier on those of us OUTSIDE of the continental U.S.

:angelsmil

Agreed. If it wasn't for the exclusives, I'd get all my Sideshow products from Canadian distributors and save a ton of cash. But, I likes my exclusives, so I pays the price. :(

Agreed. If it wasn't for the exclusives, I'd get all my Sideshow products from Canadian distributors and save a ton of cash. But, I likes my exclusives, so I pays the price. :(

I hear ya there. I try to be choosy where I can (unless it's an alternate head, like the Anakin and Indy PF's), or a super cool extra (like the mask with the KOTCS Indy, or the chalice with Mola Ram, etc.)

I cancelled my Legolas EX because I figure I can just get the reg for that one. The Orc skull wasn't enough of an incentive for me. Had it been the cloak, or something more substantial...

To each their own on the 'must-have' exclusives though...

You still get charged duty fees when you attempt to re-enter Canada. Plus, I'd have to pay the monthly fees for a PO box in the US, not to mention the cost in gas to drive down there and pick my stuff up. No, that option isn't really feasible for me.

You may have to pay tax but you shouldn't be paying any duty. Plus, you probably have to pay brokerage fees from FedEx where you wouldn't if you brought them in yourself. And occasionally the border guards are in a good mood and don't make you pull over and pay tax.

What about getting a fellow collector in the States and use his/her address. Have them ship it to you via USPS. You can go even cheaper I think if you use first class instead of priority. Of course there would be the shipping cost to the middleman but it still seems like it might be cheaper:huh

What about getting a fellow collector in the States and use his/her address. Have them ship it to you via USPS. You can go even cheaper I think if you use first class instead of priority. Of course there would be the shipping cost to the middleman but it still seems like it might be cheaper:huh

Maybe it's different for shipments within the US, but don't you have to sign for delivery? I know I have to be present to receive my PFs from Fedex, so I can't see them dropping something off at a US address without me being there to sign for the thing.

And, presumably, the person signing for the delivery needs to be the same as the credit card against which the order was placed. In other words, someone in the US can't sign for a shipment that was placed against my credit card, and asking them to order the item for me on their card would create just way too much hassle. I'd rather pay the extra and have the items delivered direct to my door.

It's just the reality of being a Sideshow collector outside of the US. You learn to live with it. Now, if they'd open up a Canadian warehouse...

Maybe it's different for shipments within the US, but don't you have to sign for delivery? I know I have to be present to receive my PFs from Fedex, so I can't see them dropping something off at a US address without me being there to sign for the thing.

And, presumably, the person signing for the delivery needs to be the same as the credit card against which the order was placed. In other words, someone in the US can't sign for a shipment that was placed against my credit card, and asking them to order the item for me on their card would create just way too much hassle. I'd rather pay the extra and have the items delivered direct to my door.

It's just the reality of being a Sideshow collector outside of the US. You learn to live with it. Now, if they'd open up a Canadian warehouse...

Nope, and nope. UPS and FedEx don't care who signs for it....all they want is a signature verifying delivery. :lecture

Interesting. Although it still seems like quite a bit of hassle to save a few bucks. And crossing the border is never fun, particularly when entering the US these days. That Xmas crotch-bomber really put the fear back into America. :horror

My mother signs for me all the time and she's not on my credit card.

If I'm not mistaken, as long as the person ordering it is the same as the person who is on the credit card, then it should be fine. You should be able to have it shipped anywhere. That's why they have both billing and shipping addresses.

I hear ya there. I try to be choosy where I can (unless it's an alternate head, like the Anakin and Indy PF's), or a super cool extra (like the mask with the KOTCS Indy, or the chalice with Mola Ram, etc.)

I cancelled my Legolas EX because I figure I can just get the reg for that one. The Orc skull wasn't enough of an incentive for me. Had it been the cloak, or something more substantial...

To each their own on the 'must-have' exclusives though...

You might regret that. By all accounts the orc bust really highlights the base. :lecture

You might regret that. By all accounts the orc bust really highlights the base. :lecture

You know, it's possible. But I just couldn't do it financially right now. I'll definitely pick him up as soon as I can, but it will probably be the regular version. :angelsmil

It's been 6 1/2 months now since SS first announced this PF....and not even a sneak peek yet. The last time SS took this long putting a PF together was GTW, and we all know how that one turned out. :(

It's been 6 1/2 months now since SS first announced this PF....and not even a sneak peek yet. The last time SS took this long putting a PF together was GTW, and we all know how that one turned out. :(

The Ringwraith has no face or beard though. :D:D

Black fabric difficulty for sure.

Good grief!! I know there are some technical issues to overcome, but it's been 6 1/2 months since they told us it was coming....and that doesn't include the time they had already invested before telling us about it in the 1st place. I'd be happy just to see a sneak peek at this point. :google

Good grief!! I know there are some technical issues to overcome, but it's been 6 1/2 months since they told us it was coming....and that doesn't include the time they had already invested before telling us about it in the 1st place. I'd be happy just to see a sneak peek at this point. :google

I agree with you 100%. A teaser would be the least they could give us and considering the snail pace line with the PF line I wouldn't be surprised if the next announcement wasn't until August.

Back