Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith PF?

I think it's safe to assume we won't see the Ringwraith PF for a couple of months at least, as they'll be putting the GTG PF up for pre-order next Friday.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Legs was the only PF released in 2009?

Technically speaking, the Berserker was the only PF released in 09. Legolas was announced in 09, but wasn't released until now. :D

Woodsy's right.

From the thread I posted:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55357

"Alright, a question I submitted was answered. Wasn't the answer I wanted, but it was an answer nonetheless...

From today's (5/6) Ask Sideshow:

Q: In your Ask Sideshow dated 4/22/09, you confirmed the number of remaining Star Wars Premium Format Figures being announced in 2009 as two. Can you do the same for Lord of the Rings Premium Format Figures? Legolas was recently announced, but will there be more LOTR PFs announced before the end of the year? Additionally, will the Uruk-Hai Berserker PF be the ONLY LOTR PF that ships in 2009, or do us LOTR PF fans have something to look forward to at Comic-Con that will ship in 2009? Lastly, is Boromir on the drawing board for an LOTR PF? Perhaps in full Gondorian Armor as depicted in the retaking of Osgiliath in the extended version of The Two Towers?

A: We intended to say that one other Star Wars Premium Format figure, which is in fact the recently announced Count Dooku PF, would *ship* within 2009 or very early 2010. The Legolas PF is planned to ship early 2010, and is the next LOTR PF release to ship (after the Uruk-Hai Berserker). Several LOTR PF’s are planned for release in 2010, but we cannot yet confirm the exact number - development plays a major role in the timeline of all LOTR products, as they do take considerably longer for development than other product lines, due largely to the nature of the costuming. Boromir does appear in our planning, but the release date is very much to be determined."

So we have Legolas and Gandalf the Grey shipping this year...and being the pessimist I am and given the lack of love the LOTR license has received in terms of PFs, I'm guessing only one more PF will be "released" in 2010 (notice thay they didn't say "will ship in 2010").

I will only purchase the heroes in this line, but I'm very interested in seeing how they tackle the ringwraith. Seems like a unique and challenging piece to get right, but I'll bet it will look great.

I hope Boromir will be next in line, and I actually can imagine Gandalf in January, Ringwraith at SDCC and Boromir or Gimli for Christmas. (In a perfect world.) It would be nice after the dry spell that was 2009.

I thought the Berserker was apart of the 2008 Spooktacular?

Yeah, he was PPOed during Spooktacular 2008. The only LOTR PF available for pre-order in 2009 was Legolas. I guess it depends on how SSC defines "released" (available for pre-order vs. shipped).

Yeah, he was PPOed during Spooktacular 2008. The only LOTR PF available for pre-order in 2009 was Legolas. I guess it depends on how SSC defines "released" (available for pre-order vs. shipped).

I believe the term "released" refers to those items that are shipped. In that vane when SS says " Several LOTR PF’s are planned for release in 2010, but we cannot yet confirm the exact number - development plays a major role in the timeline of all LOTR products," I'm thinking, if all goes according to plan, Legolas, GTG and one other [here's hoping it's the Ringwraith] will begin shipping before the end of the year. Seeing as it seems to take about 9 months from pre-order to shipping I'd say another PF announcement will have to take place prior to the end of March in order for this to happen. Although, with much less time required for the painting process, perhaps SS could announce a Ringwraith PF during SDCC and begin shipping by Dec. :D

It's been 6 1/2 months now since SS first announced this PF....and not even a sneak peek yet. :(

you feel my pain dog!

Good grief!! I know there are some technical issues to overcome, but it's been 6 1/2 months since they told us it was coming....and that doesn't include the time they had already invested before telling us about it in the 1st place. I'd be happy just to see a sneak peek at this point. :google

:lecture

I agree with you 100%. A teaser would be the least they could give us and considering the snail pace line with the PF line I wouldn't be surprised if the next announcement wasn't until August.

:(

I think it's safe to assume we won't see the Ringwraith PF for a couple of months at least, as they'll be putting the GTG PF up for pre-order next Friday.

that sucks because we knew about the RW PF before the GTG PF.

There's always ToyFair in Feb. :nazgul

Now you all know better than to take anything posted in the Q&A seriously. :nono :monkey2

With GTG going up for PO on Friday, I suspect that we won't get another PF announcement until SDCC. :banghead

That's actually fine by me. I've got no less than 8 PFs arriving in the next three months, so money's going to be extremely tight for a little while.

*sigh* First quarter is always murder...

Now that the awesome Gandalf PF is out of the way, you know what to do next SS. :lecture

Back