Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

This problem is only going to get worse over time, more of these will start to crack, it's just the way they made it.

I think I would let my regular go for retail if anyone wants it. Just not worth keeping and risking cracking if SS isn't going to refund our money. Too expensive of a piece. Sucks how long we waited for this piece to only have them breaking down in less than a year. I got mine through the WB shop though.

Gave mine a thorough going over today and luckily no signs of cracking. I can't remember if mine had one peg or two but both hooves are securely seated on the base.

So there's like 3 reported cracks and it's panic stations, fire sales and buyer beware status on this? :rolleyes2

So there's like 3 reported cracks and it's panic stations, fire sales and buyer beware status on this? :rolleyes2

No, its 3 more added to the group reported a few months ago. Just when we thought it was an isolated incident more pop up, that is what is concerning.

Plus if no cracks then why the lean towards the left...adding more weight to the left leg....eventually..

Plus if no cracks then why the lean towards the left...adding more weight to the left leg....eventually..

Yea, who knows. Mine sits pretty secure on both legs and some weight is distributed on the tail, so mine should be ok, but I feel for others.

mine cracked after three weeks of displaying it, so i got a new DROM from sideshow I inspected upon arrival and i had the same issue
so i sent it back and i got a new one which i have since September no issues whatsoever. I'm not an expert but i think that tail is the
cause of the problem it tend to push the horse towards to left, which cause the gap between the right hoof and the base

Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

I just Jammed a couple of tooth picks under the left hoof and it pushed the right one into place. I'm not sure if it's relieving the pressure off the left leg but at least the right is settled in place.
y6aneqe3.jpg
vabe5uvy.jpg

Decided to go ahead and list mine. Gonna use the money from this and my mythos statues to go chase a couple of SSW pieces.

I'm going to try and get some cash around to buy your DRoM, Josh. Hopefully its still available

Selling all of your mythos Josh? What items are you going after?

I'm looking to track down the SSW RWOS and the Daddy Rog.

I'm going to try and get some cash around to buy your DRoM, Josh. Hopefully its still available

Cool! Sounds good to me.

I'm still enjoying this statue. That said, the Asmus Nazgul on Steed may convince me to sell it. I know my fiancé would be thankful lol

I'm looking to track down the SSW RWOS and the Daddy Rog.

Cool! Sounds good to me.

Good luck hunting for the SSW RWOS Josh, it's truly a masterful sculpt. Hell I have two(!!!), as it displays beautifully in so many angles. And if you don't already own it, I would strongly suggest getting the steed bust, which I consider to be another master sculpt. You can trust that you won't regret these buys.:wink1:

Good luck hunting for the SSW RWOS Josh, it's truly a masterful sculpt. Hell I have two(!!!), as it displays beautifully in so many angles. And if you don't already own it, I would strongly suggest getting the steed bust, which I consider to be another master sculpt. You can trust that you won't regret these buys.:wink1:

Thanks! I've got one held for me so that one is easy. It will be nice to track it down again. The original Rog is another story. lol

Check your PM, my wait list for Dark Rider filled so i would like to sell my RWOS, original owner bought direct from SS a long time ago :)

man i never thought i see the day The Josh sells a lotr piece. Wow how the time has changed...

I got a waitlist conversion too that I forgot to cancel after I bought mine from a member.

Check your PM, my wait list for Dark Rider filled so i would like to sell my RWOS, original owner bought direct from SS a long time ago :)

Got it and appreciate the thought. Already got one lined up.

man i never thought i see the day The Josh sells a lotr piece. Wow how the time has changed...

I've sold many LOTR pieces over the years. Some I've since rebought but this isn't the first time for sure.

Back