Reworked Han with smaller head and other modifications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure was good to begin with, but your modifications make it look great!
The sculpt will always have likeness issues until we get a better sculpt from Sideshow. Hopefully they'll release both a ANH Han and a ROTJ Han with new and improved sculpts.

I'd also like to know more about your mold shrinking that you commented on at OSW. Would you recommend shrinking the mold as you said over shrinking a cast copy of the head?

Just to help some out, here's a link to the company that sells Hydroshrink:
https://www.industrialpolymers.com/

How much did the recasting set you back?

i use Easyflo 60 liquid plastic to cast with , this brings the size down about 5/10%
DSCF0043.jpg

WEAPON X said:
James, This is Awesome, aswesome work! Hey can I commission your talent in reproducing one for me, seriously? "PM" me for your terms!

Cheers, :rock

Ben

PM me too. If I can get a commissed Han from u also.

Lance

I know I'm probably inthe minority here, but I don't think shrinking the head does the likeness any favors, despite possibly being more in scale with the body. The features seem to have shifted in on the shrunken re-cast.

Man, I'd love a Luke with a decent sized head!
How can we go about "ordering" these recasts James? I am really interested in Han and Luke.

Just give me a few more days. I want to be assured I have ample amounts before contacting everyone. I will add a reply within here as well with a picture of the casts.

James van Spronsen said:
Just give me a few more days. I want to be assured I have ample amounts before contacting everyone. I will add a reply within here as well with a picture of the casts.

awesome man. looking forward to them.

James, you posted over at the OSW and Sixth Division your amazing work on real hair, have you thought about doing a couple of Anakin customs?
I know your work would make Anakin truly outstanding!

abake said:
James, you posted over at the OSW and Sixth Division your amazing work on real hair, have you thought about doing a couple of Anakin customs?
I know your work would make Anakin truly outstanding!

Excellent idea. I saw that you had reposted the "rabbit haired German" again. Looks amazing. I would really like to see you give it a shot with Anakin or better yet, Qui-Gon, who could really benefit from it even more.

JVS,
So we meet again...
:lol

(Good to see an oldtimer here with some new, fun stuff!)

Dude!
Why didn't you add real hair to Han? Figured you'd have perfected that by now.
(Why dontcha post some of your older figs that you worked on in the past?)

& count me in on both Han & Luke shrinks too!

!ss!

I'm not sure if this was asked ,but how were you able to retain the Sideshow hands by using the Dragon body? I'd like to do something similiar with my Han but since I'm relatively new to 1/6th scale customizing I'm unsure how to go about doing this change.
Thanks
Dave

Awesome work!

I would definitely be interested in a re-scaled head if you decide to make these available.

A cool thing about this custom too is that by using a remolded head you don't have to modify the original figure; not that one would really display the original head alongside the newly painted and scaled one, but hey, you never know.

Again, excellent work. I'm hoping to follow suite with my figure.

I'm new so forgive me if this isn't the proper place to ask this question!:lol
I just received my Han and his holster is really tight. Is there away to fix this to make it hang loser?

Cowboy said:
I'm new so forgive me if this isn't the proper place to ask this question!:lol
I just received my Han and his holster is really tight. Is there away to fix this to make it hang loser?

make a new hole.

Back