Revoltech Spider-Man and Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1501384121506.jpeg
1501384143867.jpeg
1501384167071.jpeg

Is the Yamaguchi a signature line or does it have different functionality from standard Revoltech releases?

Is the Yamaguchi a signature line or does it have different functionality from standard Revoltech releases?

They are part of Amecomi Revoltech line and designed/sculpted by Kaiyodo's signature sculptor: Yamaguchi...hence why his name is on them. The line is based (so far) after American comic characters. They only seem to have the Marvel license right now.

They do indeed have the same Revoltech joint system.

How to differentiate the original and bootleg/knock-off version from the box? I want to get the Spider-man but afraid that I got the bootleg version. Please advise.

My best advice would be to order from hobby link Japan, Nippon-yasan, or AmiAmi and not eBay.

I usually don't buy online, prefer to buy on the spot. That is why I am asking how to differentiate by looking on the box? Any difference on the printing or any additional sign/sticker on the box?

I think this line has been solid so far, but I'm really not a fan of that Cap. It's too beefy; it makes me think of a Liefeld drawing.

I don't like the knee articulation on Venom and now this Cap. Why go to a regular old knee joint that's not even double jointed instead of the revoltech joint that's used in the rest of the figures? I'll be getting him, but I don't get the design choice.

I usually don't buy online, prefer to buy on the spot. That is why I am asking how to differentiate by looking on the box? Any difference on the printing or any additional sign/sticker on the box?

Oh, sorry. Can't help you there.

Hope we get an iron man too. Preferably designed after the marvel vs capcom game.

I don't like the knee articulation on Venom and now this Cap. Why go to a regular old knee joint that's not even double jointed instead of the revoltech joint that's used in the rest of the figures? I'll be getting him, but I don't get the design choice.

I think Revoltech is taking in some of the fan feedback that the exposed Revoltech joints look too "ugly" on the figures so they're trying to find a middle ground of using the joints and also making the figures look more aesthetically pleasing.

However, Cap does have the knee-pads so they could've hid the joint behind them.

Love these things. They look straight out of Marvel vs capcom.

and amazing yamaguchi has something that sets it apart from revoltech.

They are appearently intended ended to be "evergreen"toys. Always "in print" and available.

Love these things. They look straight out of Marvel vs capcom.

and amazing yamaguchi has something that sets it apart from revoltech.

They are appearently intended ended to be "evergreen"toys. Always "in print" and available.

Really? I'm not sure how to feel about that...

Back