Revoltech Spider-Man and Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vBl7faD.jpg

More pics over at Toyark. It looks awesome but shouldn't the boot colors be reversed?

More pics over at Toyark. It looks awesome but shouldn't the boot colors be reversed?

Yup! Hopefully they fix that...the black should be on the inside and the blue on the outside. Seems like common sense so it's unfortunate to see them error like this.

Hopefully Marvel catches it during their approval process and makes them change it.

An unmasked head would be awesome too.

Yup! Hopefully they fix that...the black should be on the inside and the blue on the outside. Seems like common sense so it's unfortunate to see them error like this.

Hopefully Marvel catches it during their approval process and makes them change it.

An unmasked head would be awesome too.

These are their own take on the characters technically, so they 100% meant to reverse it, it would be way to big of a mistake to consistently have them all reversed.

These are their own take on the characters technically, so they 100% meant to reverse it, it would be way to big of a mistake to consistently have them all reversed.

Yes and no.

With the exception of Deadpool (whose ammo packs, gear, etc vary per artist)...all the figures' costumes are consistent in style and color to their comic counterparts. By their "own take" they meant they're sculpted by Kaiyodo's resident sculptor Katsuhusa Yamaguchi and he has his own unique style. None of the costumes have deviated from outfits these characters have worn in the comics...so the only thing unique and is "their style" is the sculpting style.

Maybe they did purposely reverse the colors, but seeing as we've seen Wolverine in the comics in this specific outfit, we know the boot colors aren't consistent with it and they technically painted it "wrong".

I'd define "their own style" as what Square Enix is doing with their Marvel and DC Variant lines. Completely original designs while this clearly replicates one of Wolverine's comic costumes.

Last edited:
if you haven't been to Fwoosh, they have pics of Wolv up.

This first pic sold me ...and I am so glad to see that they are hiding the joints better. Really looking forward to this!!!
Kaiyodo-Revoltech-Amecomi-Yamaguchi-Wolverine-Promo-16.jpg

Kaiyodo-Revoltech-Amecomi-Yamaguchi-Wolverine-Promo-18.jpg

Kaiyodo-Revoltech-Amecomi-Yamaguchi-Wolverine-Promo-19.jpg

Kaiyodo-Revoltech-Amecomi-Yamaguchi-Wolverine-Promo-14.jpg

Kaiyodo-Revoltech-Amecomi-Yamaguchi-Wolverine-Promo-13.jpg

Kaiyodo-Revoltech-Amecomi-Yamaguchi-Wolverine-Promo-24.jpg

Kaiyodo-Revoltech-Amecomi-Yamaguchi-Wolverine-Promo-23.jpg

PO is up on Amiami, HLJ and BBTS. Save money by importing it from Amiami and HLJ.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered! This figure looks awesome!!! They keep hitting it out of the park with this line! Just when I thought it couldn't get much better than Venom!

Still haven't fixed those boots but it's a minor error...C'mon Kaiyodo

If you haven't gotten a figure from this line, I HIGHLY suggest you try one out! They are amazingly fun to pose and can actually achieve a lot of the bone-splitting, unnatural "comic-esque" poses we see these characters in the comics...Marvel Legends can't do some of the poses these guys do! They are for the "advanced" collector though as you have to "learn" and work with the Revoltch joint system...it's different.

Who do you all think we'll see next?

I'd love the following:
-Symbiote Spider-man
-Captain America
-The Punisher
-Iron Man
-Carnage
-Daredevil
-Magneto

I tried to get out of 1/12 collecting, but if they make a daredevil, it might pull me back in.

Pre-ordered! This figure looks awesome!!! They keep hitting it out of the park with this line! Just when I thought it couldn't get much better than Venom!

Still haven't fixed those boots but it's a minor error...C'mon Kaiyodo

If you haven't gotten a figure from this line, I HIGHLY suggest you try one out! They are amazingly fun to pose and can actually achieve a lot of the bone-splitting, unnatural "comic-esque" poses we see these characters in the comics...Marvel Legends can't do some of the poses these guys do! They are for the "advanced" collector though as you have to "learn" and work with the Revoltch joint system...it's different.

Who do you all think we'll see next?

I'd love the following:
-Symbiote Spider-man
-Captain America
-The Punisher
-Iron Man
-Carnage
-Daredevil
-Magneto

From what I understand the license is for a Spiderman cartoon. So if the character did not appear in that cartoon, then they can't make a figure.

Which cartoon? I don't remember Spider Gwen being in a cartoon? Certainly not in the 90s.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From what I understand the license is for a Spiderman cartoon. So if the character did not appear in that cartoon, then they can't make a figure.

That's pretty interesting because they seem to be able to take a lot of creative liberties with the character designs...

That's pretty interesting because they seem to be able to take a lot of creative liberties with the character designs...

This is very much true. The figures doesn't match its cartoon counterpart of being Ultimate Spiderman. Maybe it's just licence for the characters themselves that's in it?
I'll love to have Taskmaster and Sabretooth to match up with Wolverine that we will be getting and Deadpool. My personal picks will be Dr Doom, Magneto and Carnage. I really can't think of any heros that I want.

Back