REVIEWS-Hot Toys, The Godfather- Don Vito Corelone x 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall - ****
This is one of the nicest figures in my collection, let alone produced this year. It's not just that the head sculpt and production paint are a work of art, but it's the inclusion of the diorama accessories, excellent outfit, and overall presentation of the figure that makes it hard to believe anyone - including Hot Toys themselves - will be able to top it as best sixth scale action figure for 2009. And I'm not even that big of a fan of The Godfather!

- MC

How could it not be 4 Stars? Great reviews, Guys :rock

Last edited:
Great reviews by all!
Looking at the pics, it is apparent that the clothing will need some futzing, especially the jacket, it looks ill-fitting.

I am the *king* of futzers- I futz the hell out of my figures. This is the first figure I ever got that required only tiny amounts of futzing. He's damn near perfect right out of the box!

(no jokes about me futzing, please) :rotfl

Awesome review guys :)

Is this also the first time a 12" figure has made a premium format figure look silly?
This figure looks soooo much better than Sideshow's Premium Format figure, and I can't remember this ever happening before.

these reviews/pics made me like the figure a little more but am i alone in thinking the head looks.. really, really small for the body?

Awesome review guys :)

Is this also the first time a 12" figure has made a premium format figure look silly?
This figure looks soooo much better than Sideshow's Premium Format figure, and I can't remember this ever happening before.
You haven't seen the PF Bruce Lee?

these reviews/pics made me like the figure a little more but am i alone in thinking the head looks.. really, really small for the body?
I think it's more of an optical illusion. The shoulders are really wide on the jacket, which will make the head look smaller. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Not surprised at all to see four stars across the board here. This really is that great. This figure is now absolutely the centerpiece of collection. Hot Toys has outdone themselves here, and all you know that is really really saying something. This whole ensemble wouldn't feel out of place in a museum. Hell, it puts stuff you might see in a museum to shame.

Great review... and after opening my own no surprise he gained 3 **** reviews.

I've had a lot of 1/6 figures over the years and none of them have had the same wow factor when you open him up. I was honestly more excited about Iron Man and some other offerings... but The Godfather really took me buy surprise. Nothing else quite like it in my collection.

And heed the warning about the rose... I didn't realize mine was missing until I happened to spot it on my living room rug, where it had been for 2 days :google

Great reeviews.
The only thing that I don't understand is a "Value - ***1/2" from Michael. This one deserves highest possible rating, IMHO. Fantastic quality.

I was just trying to find any in-hand images of the Godfather PF? Does anyone know where a thread for that is... I tried the search function and came up empty.

Saw images of the Cinemaquette which I have to agree with Wookster doesn't look as nice as this.

Great reeviews.
The only thing that I don't understand is a "Value - ***1/2" from Michael. This one deserves highest possible rating, IMHO. Fantastic quality.

I think to be fair Michael has a very large readership, to many people who may be more casual collectors, or someone who is more used to collecting Hasbro, McFarlane or Neca etc then $150 might seem an unbelievable amount for what amounts to a 12" doll with a chair. He's actually letting these kinds of collectors know he still considers it a good deal.

I tend to write my reviews (especially in value) for a specific audience, i.e. us hi-end collectors who have already accepted what we have to pay. Preaching to the converted!

Last edited:
I was just trying to find any in-hand images of the Godfather PF? Does anyone know where a thread for that is... I tried the search function and came up empty.

Don't bother. I had the Godfather p.f. and the Hot Toys version (judging by pictures) blows it out of the water. The P.F. almost looks like a caricature (in my opinion).

I assumed as much... not interested in owning the PF, just curious if it looks any better than the very unflattering Sideshow pictures.

ACK!! I just noticed in those pics, that mine doesn't have the rose. Does it come in the tray somewhere??

Back