Media Resident Evil Revelations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played RE6, Chris's campaign for 3 levels (for the first time since the start of November) last week. I really enjoyed it because i just went in to it for the graphics, voice acting and cut scenes along with the gun fights. If it was a side game, and it wasnt main RE cast i think it would of done alot better.

Resident Evil Revelations sells well, but it’s not good enough -

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-revelations-sells-well-but-its-not-good-enough/

Word is spreading around the Internet that Capcom’s first quarter profits are down 37%. The only real high profile titles released for the company within its first quarter were Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen and Resident Evil: Revelations HD.

According to Capcom, both games had “solid sales,” with Revelations selling 900,000 copies worldwide, with Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen selling 550,000. By themselves, that’s nothing to scoff at, but apparently the two of them just didn’t have an impact on overall company sales.

Now that might seem as pretty damn good for a port of a handheld game, but let’s put those sales in perspective. Capcom is hoping to sell 2.8 million copies of Monster Hunter 4 by the end of March 2014. While Monster Hunter 4 might have a bit more hype surrounding it than Revelations did, perhaps Capcom just has a bit too high of expectations?

:panic::yess:

Revelation is a good RE game. But people are trying to stick it to RE 6, by not buying revelations and then complaining we arent getting any old school SH games. All of these whines about the state of modern RE i will not take any credence in when people dont buy Revelations despite its praise for being old school.

Dont support the wrong **** like ORC and Re 6 but when capcom openly port Revelations DELIBERATELY saying if thats the kind of games the fans want BUY it and then fans dont buy it i dont know what to say. Its not capcoms fault at that point.

LIES! Don't fall for their lies!!! It's all a gimmick. Capcom knows what the fans want. Excuses!

They ****ed it with RE6. It's too late. That game bombed and now they're using Revelations to make up the money they lost with 6.

LIES! Don't fall for their lies!!! It's all a gimmick. Capcom knows what the fans want. Excuses!

They ****ed it with RE6. It's too late. That game bombed and now they're using Revelations to make up the money they lost with 6.
Yes they did want to make up sales, but thats no good indication of what kind of game we want in the future when people dont buy Revelations when they openly say they are looking for the direction of RE. This is why ive grown fed up with Resident Evil discussion over the last 6 months because people say one thing and then dont do **** all to support the direction of the franchise. Re 6 sucks trash talk all the time, but then wait! Revelations is coming out? its old school re ? capcom say if people like it then they will use it as the future direction? Lets not buy it and trash talk re 6 some more.

Yes they did want to make up sales, but thats no good indication of what kind of game we want in the future when people dont buy Revelations when they openly say they are looking for the direction of RE. This is why ive grown fed up with Resident Evil discussion over the last 6 months because people say one thing and then dont do **** all to support the direction of the franchise. Re 6 sucks x 300 postes, wait Revelations is coming out? its old school re ? capcom say if people like it then they will sue it as the future direction? Lets not buy it and trash talk re 6 some more.

tumblr_mmlgqtXkRD1rysgjzo1_500.gif

They must suffer the consequences. Which they are. :nana:

They must suffer the consequences. Which they are. :nana:
But they arent, theyre still making millions and millions. but they would make even more millions if people bought the kind of games which they want to support. They dont,

Now they know that they need to make a good RE or their next installment is going to flop. ;)

Now they know that they need to make a good RE or their next installment is going to flop. ;)
How? By more people still buying Re 6 than revelations? Because people didnt buy Revelations waiting for price drops?

I don't know...

What's wrong with a price drop? :lol You seem to hate RE6, what changed your mind?

I don't know...

What's wrong with a price drop? :lol You seem to hate RE6, what changed your mind?
I like Chris's campaign on Re 6 because i really like re 5 and its the same character, and his story progression. But revelations as a whole is the Code Veronica of the current gen Resident Evil. But nobody is supporting it. Even if millions didnt buy it, all of the praise the game got in this thread early on once the ports came to light should of prodded the vocal RE fans to buy it. But apart from maybe 2 people they didnt.

Back