Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

For me, having Chris' BSAA costume is actually kinda a significant impact, cause it even gives it a more newer perspective seeing him in his newer incarnation.
I'm extremely happy they added this extra cause it feels more to me than just higher pixel count on backgrounds.

Last edited:

I got very confused and made a lot of wrong decisions on my first playthrough... constantly traveling to those item box, grabbing the wrong items again, going back to change for the right ones... but thats just when you're exploring things, trully. After you got everything figured, on your next playthrough, you'll find yourself carrying the right things or the essential ones... trust me =)

I love exploring.I explore every corner of the map in Assassin's Creed for example,so it's not about that.I wouldn't complain if the Item boxes were available more often.So far ive only seen one and ive passed 2 important keys because i don't have enough slots.Kinda frustrating to spend 15-30 minutes running back and fourth to get the important artifacts.If we could only have an option to discard something that would help too.

Can't remember much from RE2,but i know RE3 had 10 slots at least,helps alot.

What's the difference between the BSAA costumes and the normal costumes?

And yeah, Chris was bland. He seemed like a stoic who tried to be cool :lol though now he's a brooder. Leon is great. I'm about to run into the sharks, dear lord though, Lisa Trevor. I don't think I made it past the Elder Crimson Head when I played through on GameCube, and I'm worried.

I don't think he had the mental capacity to try anything in RE1. No wonder he took roids. :lol

Anyway, dodge the sharks and Lisa and don't bother wasting ammo. I beat the game on normal with 100 handgun bullets, 17 ink ribbons, 27 shotgun shells and a ton of health items left. I guess Jill Hard is my next playtrough.

Also, I just realized that shoving enemies away is different than other classic RE games. Instead of mashing the buttons, you have to rotate the left stick clockwise to get enemies off you faster and takes less damage. I wonder why they opt with that but something to keep in mind nonetheless.

I don't think he had the mental capacity to try anything in RE1. No wonder he took roids. :lol

Anyway, dodge the sharks and Lisa and don't bother wasting ammo. I beat the game on normal with 100 handgun bullets, 17 ink ribbons, 27 shotgun shells and a ton of health items left. I guess Jill Hard is my next playtrough.

Also, I just realized that shoving enemies away is different than other classic RE games. Instead of mashing the buttons, you have to rotate the left stick clockwise to get enemies off you faster and takes less damage. I wonder why they opt with that but something to keep in mind nonetheless.
Considering he had to be saved by a tiny girl from a giant plant that was going to tentacle rape him, you're right :lol I'm surprised his line "I guess we got to the ROOT of the problem" isn't that famous.

I didn't bother with Lisa and bullets, I just said "NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE" as I ran away. I'm only really killing a few things like zombies if they're in my way, or dogs. There was also that one crimson head near the entrance. (Not the Elder) And SPIDERS! ****ing spiders man.

Yeah I never really knew about shoving enemies in my original GameCube playthrough, I thought it was my GameCube controller pretty much almost dying. You also need to mash the buttons in tandem with joystick twirling to get them off, I find that helps. Dogs are so much worse on this however, they take more damage, and you can't loop them. Getting them off is worse too. I think this changei s to emphasize defense items, or maybe just due to the items altogether. It's part of why I find this game more tense.

Going forward with my speedrun. Yesterday i completed the "putting death masks -> kill the plant and get helmet key" in around 32 min clocked.
Im planning on doing five saves (yes im afraid of dying... that freaking plant killed me and i had to do everything again lol) on my run... guess i'll still get the Rocket Launcher.

Then, finish again for RE3 costume =)

IIRC from the GC version, you can "kill" Lisa with the Rocket Launcher but she appears in the scripted areas still.

Oh and another question: can i use the unlocked weapons on the real survivor mode? if i unlock a infinite ammo weapon will i be able to use it with the other character?

Thanks

I believe you can only use them in the normal playing modes, since I tried that and you're supposed to get the weapon immediately at the start and it wasn't in the inventory.

I did both run through a day or so ago, might go for the 3 & 5 hour run throughs this weekend.

I'm not gonna play this though as I don't wanna do the invisible enemies or the knife only trophies

What if i pick the rocket launcher with Jill, can i use it with Chris?

Once you unlock the Rocket Launcher, you get it for both of them every subsequent playthrough.

Once you unlock the Rocket Launcher, you get it for both of them every subsequent playthrough.

Oh nice! I guess i'll finish with Chris later to unlock the invisible mode and take some prints of that Shinkawa letter... i'll keep it as a trophy =D

Does anyone have a link to a good guide for an under 5 hours run with Chris? I want to do it wih him to not only get the unlimited samurai edge but the code Veronica costume for him too.

Im seriously considering in going for the platinum torphy... i only got two planitum for games of 6 years back... But this RE is so good im looking to get the planitum now..

Anyone else? Can you give me any tips? Like the knife CQC FTW trophy... people reccomend doing it on the invisible mode with very easy difficulty... is that right?

I'm not using any guides whatsoever on REmake, not looking at YouTube vids, or Gamefaqs, and it's taking forever :lol. Granted, this is my first time every playing it. It has been over a week and I just made it past the Aqua Ring, and got the Galleria key.

I'll go for the Platinum after I complete the masterpiece that is Dying Light.

Back