Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

I dunno, it always just struck me as needless sexualization of a pretty cool character. She already looked attractive in her STARS gear, and the BSAA suit looks great too without going out of its way. The tube top & minskirt is capcom trying too hard to make her "sexy" which wasn't really needed (I actually have the same problem with the RE5 "Battlesuit" look as well). And again is pretty ridiculous for a military tough girl like Jill to wear a tubetop & miniskirt in a combat situation. She would be smarter than that.

Well, it wasn't overly sexual like some other gaming females out there. RE3 outfit was more revealing, but elegant in it's own sorta way. In the novel (I know it's not canon) she preferred to wear less since it was still warm outside and so it wouldn't hinder her movement if she had to run.

I certainly don't see it as "elegant" in any way - if anything I see it a super trashy. But hey there are obviously fans out there for it, and it you guys are totally right - it's definitely become pretty iconic of the character. Definitely not trying to spin this into some "womens representation games" thing which I always thought the RE games largely did a pretty good job of (with a few exceptions). I always thought Ada has the "classy-sexy" thing covered for the RE series and the fighting in dresses silliness works for her personality (and the whole femme fatale character trope).

We're talking about a Japanese gaming series with overly stylized characters - who cares about the slutty outfits? :lol I play the RE games with nude mods, by the way.

Well, it wasn't overly sexual like some other gaming females out there. RE3 outfit was more revealing, but elegant in it's own sorta way. In the novel (I know it's not canon) she preferred to wear less since it was still warm outside and so it wouldn't hinder her movement if she had to run.

So she wore a mini-skirt. :lol

She looks like the prostitute in Duke Nukem 3D.

DN3DhookerJill.jpg

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure I read that Jill was actually originally going to be a sex appeal character, if not slutty :lol Plus we did get shirtless Dante in DMC3, Ashley who has lines made for if you see up her skirt, Ada's outfits in RE2 and RE (hell, she wears stilettos!), Claire who wore hot pants in RE2 and a midriff revealing outfit in Code Veronica (conveniently when that was still sexy and popular), and as Solidus said, it's Japan. :rotfl Wasn't Jill caught off guard in RE3 at the start?

I beat One Dangerous Zombie mode and the worst part was when he
Spoiler Spoiler:

I wasn't expecting that at all! :lol

I'm pretty sure I read that Jill was actually originally going to be a sex appeal character, if not slutty :lol Plus we did get shirtless Dante in DMC3, Ashley who has lines made for if you see up her skirt, Ada's outfits in RE2 and RE (hell, she wears stilettos!), Claire who wore hot pants in RE2 and a midriff revealing outfit in Code Veronica (conveniently when that was still sexy and popular), and as Solidus said, it's Japan. :rotfl Wasn't Jill caught off guard in RE3 at the start?

(Regarding RE3 Jill)

The non-canon movie says that it's a heatwave and the unofficial novel mentions something similar. The game's prelude with her monologue shows her in the outfit in her bedroom loading her Samurai Edge beretta. The beginning of the game has her exploding out of (presumably) her apartment entrance thus indicating she planned to wear that outfit.

Earned my Platinum Trophy on BH / RE HD Remaster today.

My final trophy before getting the Platinum was the Ghost of a Chance, so once i had finished the Invisible Enemy mode then it got something special:

The message from Shinji Mikami:
Spoiler Spoiler:

And all the endings had been unlocked too.

I had finally completed this game at last, man i am loving it.
Thank you Capcom for bringing this such great game to HD Remaster.

Bio Hazard 1 / Resident Evil 1 is always my favorite in this franchise:

I beat One Dangerous Zombie mode and the worst part was when he
Spoiler Spoiler:

I wasn't expecting that at all! :lol
I'm pretty sure Forest is in spots like that, though the original zombies in those spots got me.

Wow congrats for the platinum trophy and for that awesome collection!

Earned my Platinum Trophy on BH / RE HD Remaster today.

My final trophy before getting the Platinum was the Ghost of a Chance, so once i had finished the Invisible Enemy mode then it got something special:

And all the endings had been unlocked too.

I had finally completed this game at last, man i am loving it.
Thank you Capcom for bringing this such great game to HD Remaster.

Bio Hazard 1 / Resident Evil 1 is always my favorite in this franchise:

Wow!

vm1.gif

Thats awesome man, congratulations! :clap I don't know what I'd do with my life if I completed this game 100% :lol

BTW great collection! :drool Biohazard 1 is, and will always be, the best :bow

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423370449.418813.jpg

Poor Barry and Chris. They didn't make it.

I finished my 3rd playthrough yesterday and got Real Survival (3hr, 29mins) out the way. I just need to tackle speed run/no save/invisible enemies out of the way in one try, so I'll probably do that tomorrow.

I would love if we could get a remaster of RE2, RE3, RE: CV. I think I could die happy.

I picked up the psn editions of RE2 & RE3 since they were only $2.99 on PSN. I still have my original copies for 1-3.

I did the no saves and 3&5 hour runs yesterday too

I missed out the first play through by like 11 mins so I had to do it again, got 2h29

Back