Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

I think you're right, and the reasoning is that they think it won't sell well because it's not a COD game with zombies. They keep trying this same tactic over and over and it's not working... so they continue trying to make it work. They don't want to market horror games anymore, that's blatantly obvious.

I cant imagine RE2 being like how RE is now added a little of call of duty would be horrible some games shouldnt be remade and this is one of them.

I think you're right, and the reasoning is that they think it won't sell well because it's not a COD game with zombies. They keep trying this same tactic over and over and it's not working... so they continue trying to make it work. They don't want to market horror games anymore, that's blatantly obvious.

Meanwhile P.T. Is one of the most talked about game experiences of the year...but will Capcom take note...nope!

Meanwhile P.T. Is one of the most talked about game experiences of the year...but will Capcom take note...nope!

Capcom needs to take a broad look at the series, bring back zombies, do remakes, and bring back good ole fashioned gore. They could do an Outbreak 3 and run with it in any direction, as long as it's got that formula in there. The last few games are point and shoot, move to next checkpoint... rinse and repeat. There needs to be a sense of urgency, being overwhelmed with zombies and monsters.

Capcom needs to take a broad look at the series, bring back zombies, do remakes, and bring back good ole fashioned gore. They could do an Outbreak 3 and run with it in any direction, as long as it's got that formula in there. The last few games are point and shoot, move to next checkpoint... rinse and repeat. There needs to be a sense of urgency, being overwhelmed with zombies and monsters.

:exactly: And no more of this globe trotting nonsense. Give me back my one isolated area please. Seclusion and being cut off from the outside world is a huge factor in creating horror.

:exactly And no more of this globe trotting nonsense. Give me back my one isolated area please. Seclusion and being cut off from the outside world is a huge factor in creating horror.

RE6 should of only been in Tall Oaks.

hQfT7Y0.gif

:exactly: And no more of this globe trotting nonsense. Give me back my one isolated area please. Seclusion and being cut off from the outside world is a huge factor in creating horror.

:goodpost: they been traveling all over since Re4.

Anyone know why Shinji Mikami didn't make RE5?
Especially after the success and ingenuity he brought to the franchise

I believe it was because he got butt hurt from Capcom porting RE4 to other consoles and he quit.

^^ that sounds stupid .. wouldn't blame Capcom for Wanting more Cash out of the game.

Anyone know why Shinji Mikami didn't make RE5?
Especially after the success and ingenuity he brought to the franchise

A bunch of reasons...

tumblr_static_crossing_arms.gif

Mostly because Capcom is crap. RE wasn't popular anymore, Veronica was acclaimed by critics but people didn't buy it.. :slap REmake didn't sell aswell, RE0 was a disaster... so they told Mikami if RE4 wasn't successful they would leave that franchise behind.

So he felt RE had to go out with a bang while it was still a bit popular (RE 3.5) but then thanks to Capcom they desided to change direction (because the old horror formula wan't selling) and make the game more action oriented with a story barely related to RE.

Mikami himself said, to him RE ended in 3.5 that is the real end of the saga

Re_3.5.jpg

So Leon went to the Spencer mansion found weird stuff and asked for help, Chris and Claire arrived what happens after that is easy to guess, good guys win, end of the story :lol

emma_stone.gif

Last edited:

No... He liked his action RE4 game...It was HIS creation.... He didn't like that Capcom ported it. I forgot why.

3.5 was changed because it didn't fit Resident Evil. It was based on spirits and ghosts and hallucinations. Just like how 1.5 was scrapped because it was ****.

seriously.gif

Nope

It was far more than that, he made the final scenario of RE4 but he wasn't super happy about that... it was crapcom's influence and the lack of experience on some people working on the game. To him the real RE4 is RE3.5 and that is where the series ended for him. I see where you come from I don't think you know much of RE 3.5 story, which was far more related to the franchise than RE4

Spencer, Wesker, Tyrants, Sherry, Claire, Chris... 3.5 was far better imho

(1.5 was better aswell RE2 has far less features)

No. 1.5 had more rooms but it was bland and boring compared to 2. It was scrapped because it was **** and played too much like 1. Team IGAS even stated it themselves that it's a piece of **** and they are modifying it slightly more so than retail.

I want to see source about him saying 3.5 was the end for him because he always lived by 4's fame.

RE2 plays more like 1 than 1.5 :lol Mikami scrapped it because he explicitly said

' lets "remake" RE1 '

Thats why RPD changed its 1.5 realistic look and in RE2 it looks more like a mansion duh

It had more gameplay related stuff, more weapons, agressive zombies with higer hp a more stuff that you can find yourself

... No? Yes 1.5 RPD looks more like a police station but all the rooms and puzzles looked just like RE1.

He never said let's Remake 1. Again. Source.

Mikami had little to do with RE2 anyways. He was a producer. And only really worked on 1,4 and remake. I think.

And it didn't have more weapons. It had a grenade. It had body armor. It had a partner system. But it had lesser quality graphics. Less enemy types. Less everything. Except rooms. It had so many rooms because of 3 floors to the station. Which of course got old quick.

You can't really make these bold claims without actually playing it though. But your information is wrong.

He did, what I'm saying right now is not subject to opinion man :lol I'm practically quoting him. Like it or not thats how it is. There isn't a ton of sites about 1.5 and 3.5 info you can look it yourself. Google

It had 3 types of grenades and a lot of weapons, far more than 2, you didn't even look at the early playable beta that was leaked... seriously look for the info if you really care :peace

Bold? what is bold about saying exaclty what Mikami said, You are saying 1.5 has less weapons when actually anyone that played the beta knows thats not true :lol look in the mirror

Last edited:

Lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Not even going to continue this because you can't even provide sources to your ludicrous claims.

I'll give you the weapons though. I forgot 1.5 did indeed have a few additional pistol and machine guns. I still don't think it evens out. 2 has the spark shot the custom handgun and shotgun and Magnum. It had the bonus pistol. It had a crossbow.

So do the damn research and Google yourself. Your information is wrong. Do you go to court and tell the Judge to lol go look in the report? Smh.

Back