Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3DS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i might have to pick up a 3ds just to play this how was Ocarina of time?

Ocarina of Time is awesome.

Wow you are really willing to drop about $300 just to play this?

He said this and Zelda OoT 3D. I think those two games are a great starting point to anyone looking to buy a 3DS now. And since a lot of places are giving out $25 gift cards for buying a 3DS, you can put it toward one of those games.

Asking if someone is buying hardware just to play one game is silly. It's an investment knowing that more games will come in future (like Resident Evil: Revelations). You're not paying a for a concert ticket or some other 1-time experience.

Not me. :nana: They tried this gimmick once with the Wii, no thank you. :rotfl I'll rather the play the orignals on my PS3.

What gimmick is that?

Ocarina of Time is awesome.

He said this and Zelda OoT 3D. I think those two games are a great starting point to anyone looking to buy a 3DS now. And since a lot of places are giving out $25 gift cards for buying a 3DS, you can put it toward one of those games.

Asking if someone is buying hardware just to play one game is silly. It's an investment knowing that more games will come in future. You're not paying a for a concert ticket or some other 1-time experience.

What gimmick is that?

The Chronicles series. I was tempted @ first. I'll rather replay RE0-RE: Code Veronica.

That's asinine. Mercenaries has no relation to the Chronicles series, gameplay-wise. I don't see where you're drawing a comparison between the two. :dunno

I was just saying that being a fan of the series since 96, I feel like Capcom or Nintendo are trying these gimmicks to attract a new demographics of players while leaving the core of the fans. I hate buying a new system to play Resident Evil, and with gameplay I'm okay with something different.

Anyway I'm not spending 300 on something I'll stop using after awhile. To each their own. :dunno

Last edited:
I love my 3DS. There are a few titles yet to be released that I'm anticipating.

Yeah I've spent more time with my 3DS just in the last couple weeks than I have during the whole month following launch. Good thing Zelda and Mercenaries (and the e-shop) came around because my situation was looking pretty dire 3D for a while with just Street Fighter IV . :lol

Not me. :nana: They tried this gimmick once with the Wii, no thank you. :rotfl I'll rather the play the orignals on my PS3.

I get what you are saying. They got me when I bought the gamecube just to play RE1 remake and RE zero. GC console collects dust now.

I caved in and got the Wii last xmas to play the chronicle series.

You might think about picking up a Wii for cheap later on. I was sitting on the fence and got a cool deal through amazon with the bonus credit.

Yes, I'm a tad bitter about the game cube console being a flop. I look at it this way RE remake and RE zero has never been ported to another platform right? Only the GC or Wii can play these titles.

Have you played either one of these titles? Looking back I say the move was worth it just to play these titles.

Now I'm hoping mercs 3D and revelations would get ported to another console say maybe a year down the road after their initial 3DS release but I have this sinking feeling this isn't going to happened. It's going to be exclusive.

Here is another example look at the chronicles series on the Wii I mean how hard would it be to port that game to the PS3 with the move feature? I don't see that happening either. The updated graphics are pretty good in chronicles and the new perspective you experience it's like you are right next to the character that your teaming up with. The voice acting is much better this time around and it's not like they are reading a script.

Back to mercs3DS. I love playing RE5 mercs it's my favorite game on the ps3. Getting 80 SS ranks for all the characters was a thrill. I still play it today don't care if you are a pro or nOOb I join any game and help get that high score/SS rank.

Now I have been watching clips of mercs3D it's crazy how they tweaked it. Default movement is running, you can aim in 1st person mode and still move to shoot, heal, and reload. I watched a video where someone picked the krausier weapon set. One of the weapons is a knife and the player switched to that and started moving into the right position when a manji took a swing and missed and walked up while in the knife stance and shank him into a melee combo. Plus that person had melee attribute where lighting bolts were added to the melee strikes doing ridiculous damage plus 5sec time bonus. If there was a crowd around that poor unfortunate soul they counted (&1!!!)

Rinse and repeat Oh my the fun I could have with that move. I thought Wesker's cobra strike was nerf.

I can see if you are not a die hard mercs player this title really doesn't command a $40 price tag especially the single file I can't erase ____ move they pulled.

I don't have a 3DS yet but I get my first crack at mercs3D tomorrow when a buddy let's me try it out. I'm expecting a learning curve with the whole moving around while aiming but hopefully my mercs skills from RE5 can transition to the 3DS.

I hate buying a 1st gen full price system. I wait for later versions and price drops. I'm doing my best to resist on pulling the trigger on this one.

Did anyone get their case from the capcom preorder yet? If you did.... what number was it?

I got mine. Number 300 something. So far I'm not liking the game too much. Seems to me that there is too much action going on in such a little screen it's disorientating. Maybe it takes some getting used to but I'm just not digging it.

I still love my Gamecube, and fire it up on a regular basis. Technically it was a flop, but it still has good games that hold up well. Same goes for most of the Sega consoles.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

I still love my Gamecube, and fire it up on a regular basis. Technically it was a flop, but it still has good games that hold up well. Same goes for most of the Sega consoles.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

I wouldn't call Gamecube a flop at all. Back when it was PS2, Xbox and GCN, I looked forward to Nintendo games more than any of them.

I was just saying that being a fan of the series since 96, I feel like Capcom or Nintendo are trying these gimmicks to attract a new demographics of players while leaving the core of the fans. I hate buying a new system to play Resident Evil, and with gameplay I'm okay with something different.

Anyway I'm not spending 300 on something I'll stop using after awhile. To each their own. :dunno

1. Mercenaries was in RE4.
2. RE has dabbled with light gun games prior to Chronicles (Survivor and Dead Aim). Both were on for PS1 and PS2 as early as 2000.
3. RE5 was released around the same time RE: Darkside Chronicles came out, meaning Capcom wasn't leaving the core fans (though that's arguable depending on whether or not you like the RE4 and RE5 formula. Either way, it's all on Capcom, not Nintendo).

These "gimmicks" you speak of existed long before Chronicles or Wii.

1. Mercenaries was in RE4.
2. RE has dabbled with light gun games prior to Chronicles (Survivor and Dead Aim). Both were on for PS1 and PS2 as early as 2000.
3. RE5 was released around the same time RE: Darkside Chronicles came out, meaning Capcom wasn't leaving the core fans (though that's arguable depending on whether or not you like the RE4 and RE5 formula. Either way, it's all on Capcom, not Nintendo).

These "gimmicks" you speak of existed long before Chronicles or Wii.

:thud: Just to end. I am willing to overlook this conversation. I never said I din't like the gameplay or whatever. I'm not spending money on a system that is only going to collect dust aka my gamecube. I only bought it to play RE0 and RE1remake and I re-bought the game series for the gamecube, too.Same with the Wii I wasn't going to buy it just to play Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles that's just a waste of money [I just made my friend who had Wii and isn't a RE fan to rent it and got to play it]. I apologize if you misunderstood me.

PS. I rather save my money for a future HT RE figure. :)

Anyway... game fans or movie fans should unite. :peace

Last edited:
:thud: Just to end. I am willing to overlook this conversation. I never said I din't like the gameplay or whatever. I'm not spending money on a system that is only going to collect dust aka my gamecube. I only bought it to play RE0 and RE1remake and I re-bought the game series for the gamecube, too.Same with the Wii I wasn't going to buy it just to play Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles that's just a waste of money [I just made my friend who had Wii and isn't a RE fan to rent it and got to play it]. I apologize if you misunderstood me.

PS. I rather buy save my money for a future HT figure. :)

Anyway... game fans or movie fans should unite. :peace

haha i will never give in to this movies

Back