Media Resident Evil General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just beat RE3 last night in over 15 years, and it was my first time playing on "Hard" difficulty. I noticed that the game would spawn supplies and enemy types pretty randomly. For example, I died at the hospital as Carlos and when I reloaded the save, a few herbs that should be in a corner were gone. It happened again with Jill at the water sample machine where there were 6 gunpowder ammo. I died and restarted that bit and they were gone. Died again an there they were again.

Enemy types also appear to cycle at random, sometimes it's zombies filling up rooms, sometimes hunters. Is this normal for the game to be so random?

It is. Sometimes it’s best to dodge certain enemies because if you go back you’ll get other enemies in that area. Sometimes it depends on the event you pick but either way the items will show up somewhere else...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just beat RE3 last night in over 15 years, and it was my first time playing on "Hard" difficulty. I noticed that the game would spawn supplies and enemy types pretty randomly. For example, I died at the hospital as Carlos and when I reloaded the save, a few herbs that should be in a corner were gone. It happened again with Jill at the water sample machine where there were 6 gunpowder ammo. I died and restarted that bit and they were gone. Died again an there they were again.

Enemy types also appear to cycle at random, sometimes it's zombies filling up rooms, sometimes hunters. Is this normal for the game to be so random?

I just beat it on the weekend after getting the Nemesis 2.0 and getting the itch to play it.

Hard difficulty was the intended difficultly since the game is short... you gotta make it harder.

And yeah what I like about RE3 is that it's different every time. Like when you enter the Police squad room, the zombies can be lined up or they can be spread out. It's the most RNG (Random Number Generator) driven game of the series.

Like you can get the Grenade Launcher in the STARS locker, or the Magnum, but the other one will appear at the sub station much later.

Magnum sucks BTW in Nemesis... GL all the way with flame and freeze rounds. Both are excellent at stun locking Nemesis.

Haven’t played NEmesis in years I have it on GameCube and never even played that version maybe I should do a marathon

I just beat it on the weekend after getting the Nemesis 2.0 and getting the itch to play it.

Hard difficulty was the intended difficultly since the game is short... you gotta make it harder.

And yeah what I like about RE3 is that it's different every time. Like when you enter the Police squad room, the zombies can be lined up or they can be spread out. It's the most RNG (Random Number Generator) driven game of the series.

Like you can get the Grenade Launcher in the STARS locker, or the Magnum, but the other one will appear at the sub station much later.

Magnum sucks BTW in Nemesis... GL all the way with flame and freeze rounds. Both are excellent at stun locking Nemesis.

Dayum, and I was wondering why I was getting random items and enemy spawns. How do I get bonus weapons btw? Beat Mercenaries mode? It's been so long since I've beaten the game that it's pretty much a brand new experience.

Dayum, and I was wondering why I was getting random items and enemy spawns. How do I get bonus weapons btw? Beat Mercenaries mode? It's been so long since I've beaten the game that it's pretty much a brand new experience.

Nemesis drops these cases which contain parts. Don’t forget about the advance ammo too. Mercs mode you can get the Gatling gun and Infiniti ammo etc

The advanced ammo is interesting. I did a run of just making that. You can't really have a good playthrough of making both grenades and advanced ammo.

Problem is you can only use it through the Samurai Edge and the pump shotgun.

Nemesis drops these cases which contain parts. Don’t forget about the advance ammo too. Mercs mode you can get the Gatling gun and Infiniti ammo etc

I see. Does any pickups from Nemesis carry over to the next playtrough?

On a side note, I'm starting Code Veronica now. Both CV and RE3 are the only main RE games I haven't beaten in at least 10 years so I don't remember much.

What the hell? Code Veronica HD on PS3 is too damn dark. I did a Google search and seems that many people have the same issue. I'm thinking of just playing the Gamecube version instead but opted the HD version because of trophies. On top of that, the game looks like buffalo butt in HD, especially compared to the Gamecube.

Really shouldn't have given my lighter too since now I can't see a damn thing! :mad:

CV in general was a very dark game.

And to answer your question, no. None of the Nemesis drops carry over, you have to get them each time. Although the next time you play hard on the same save, when you fight Nemesis type II with Jill the first time, he drops an item that gives you unlimited ammo for one weapon.

CV in general was a very dark game.

And to answer your question, no. None of the Nemesis drops carry over, you have to get them each time. Although the next time you play hard on the same save, when you fight Nemesis type II with Jill the first time, he drops an item that gives you unlimited ammo for one weapon.

Got it. So the only way I can unlock some bonus weapons for a new playthough is by beating Mercenaries? I really like the unlockable weapons in RE games like the rocket launcher in REmake or Leon's arsenal carrying over in RE4 and was kinda bummed that my new game plus in RE3 didn't got me anything.

Yeah Mercs you can get the assault rifle, rocket launcher, minigun or unlimited ammo case for everything.

What the hell? Code Veronica HD on PS3 is too damn dark. I did a Google search and seems that many people have the same issue. I'm thinking of just playing the Gamecube version instead but opted the HD version because of trophies. On top of that, the game looks like buffalo butt in HD, especially compared to the Gamecube.

Really shouldn't have given my lighter too since now I can't see a damn thing! :mad:

Thats odd. I originally bought a ps2 years ago to catch up on RE games id missed out on. And CV was too dark to play, literally i couldnt play it. Then the ps3 hd version came out, and its great! Love it. My favorite iteration of any RE game. CVX on ps3 hd is my favorite RE game. Then they decided to port the ps2 version to the ps4, so i give it a shot. Can barely see anything...

( and im not using the same tv as i originally tried the ps2 original )

Thats odd. I originally bought a ps2 years ago to catch up on RE games id missed out on. And CV was too dark to play, literally i couldnt play it. Then the ps3 hd version came out, and its great! Love it. My favorite iteration of any RE game. CVX on ps3 hd is my favorite RE game. Then they decided to port the ps2 version to the ps4, so i give it a shot. Can barely see anything...

( and im not using the same tv as i originally tried the ps2 original )

Sounds like you guys need to up the brightness. Don't have this issue on any of my versions; are you using Component Cables or HDMI?

Yeah Mercs you can get the assault rifle, rocket launcher, minigun or unlimited ammo case for everything.

Awesome! I'll beat that mode then!

Sounds like you guys need to up the brightness. Don't have this issue on any of my versions; are you using Component Cables or HDMI?

My TV is ISF calibrated so everything is the correct levels. I'm using component for Gamecube and HDMI for PS3. I did some research and indeed there are a gazillion threads on CVX HD being abysmally dark, so it's the result of poor HD conversion rather than the display. I mean, yes I can tweak the TV brightness, but it goes to show that the black levels are crushed in the HD version.

I think I'll finish the HD version solely for the trophies and play the GC version as my go to version from there on.

Ryan, do you know of all the ways gun powder works in it?

You can combine it into regular grenade rounds and get the variations of it. If you combine A you get flame, B is acid and C Is freeze. So whenever I play I combine CCC and get 18 rounds from 6 Grenade rounds. I think you need 6 at the minimum.

Before you fight him in the RPD, make a C powder before you go to the STARS office and combine it with A for flame. Bring it with you along with an A. If you get the GL, combine the flame into it and combine the A with the regular rounds and you get 16 flame for the next fight.

The more ammo you make the more rounds you get next time and it compounds the experience points.

Ryan, do you know of all the ways gun powder works in it?

You can combine it into regular grenade rounds and get the variations of it. If you combine A you get flame, B is acid and C Is freeze. So whenever I play I combine CCC and get 18 rounds from 6 Grenade rounds. I think you need 6 at the minimum.

Before you fight him in the RPD, make a C powder before you go to the STARS office and combine it with A for flame. Bring it with you along with an A. If you get the GL, combine the flame into it and combine the A with the regular rounds and you get 16 flame for the next fight.

The more ammo you make the more rounds you get next time and it compounds the experience points.

Great tip, I'll bookmark this thanks! I know the gist of it, but I didn't used it beyond just making occasional Magnum rounds. I remember having way more gunpowder and health at the last boss because I never intentionally fought Nemesis.

Great tip, I'll bookmark this thanks! I know the gist of it, but I didn't used it beyond just making occasional Magnum rounds. I remember having way more gunpowder and health at the last boss because I never intentionally fought Nemesis.

The magnum sucks. NEVER make ammo for it.

The magnum sucks. NEVER make ammo for it.

So I've gathered. :slap

Anyway, I also loaded up my RE2 save file but I'm completely lost on my completion stats and what the save means. Does the blue and red color indicates completion or character? Is there a way to tell if I have already done Leon A in the Claire A (1) save? Do multiple completion stack up on a single save?

41531950244_575fb2460d_b.jpg

Back